Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.
I've known Mike for a few years, when he first started out, we spoke a lot about these cars. His car, #32 was purchased with no active suspension. He ended up installing it himself, rebuilding most of the system to "new" condition, and stuck a 3UZ in there with a shitload of custom fabrication.

I run the same electronics services for these cars in the UK as Mike does in NZ. I have pulled my ECU apart, but have not replaced any components yet (the capacitors are only a few years old).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.
Just a quick pre-anti-archival post. I'm heading away for work until October, I'll be travelling around all of Europe and the US which will be fun, but means no more car-related posts until the end of the year!

In other news, my house purchase finished up yesterday and I started moving bits in. The two Soarers are now safely tucked up in my yard, one of them made it into the garage.

I swapped ECUs between the Soarers and found that both ECUs are fine. The crank-no-start issue on the one car is down to something else. I've traced it as far back as the EFI relay not getting 12v to its coil when the ignition is on, but I haven't got any further than that, and now it will need to wait until October.

I was planning to do the typical goony huge garage build this summer, now it seems that I'll need to push it back to next summer. The FD is living in a container near my parents house, and despite being away, I am still ordering parts for it when they come up at the right price.

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

sharkytm posted:

Where you going to be in the US?

I'm going to be in various cities throught July-September. Specifically:

July: Cleveland, Washington, Philadelphia
August: E. Rutherford, Boston, Minneapolis, Chicago, Detroit, Buffalo, Nashville, Atlanta, Orlando, Miami
September: Arlington, New Orleans, Houston, Phoenix, Los Angeles, San Diego, Santa Clara

I can't discuss my work this time, unfortunately. But if anyone is around, I'll hopefully have some time off to say hi!

Christ that looks ridiculous. $4k is surely worth it for the engine alone? Someone please buy this thing and finish it off. I'll happily share all my knowledge about these cars to make it happen!

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

Larrymer posted:

drat, that's a lot of travel. Let me know when you're in Detroit, there are a few AI goons here. August is a good time for cars with the dream cruise and not "ball-shriveling cold" weather.

Damnit, I've spent more time in Detroit since 2015 than at my own house (not joking :(). I'm there August 12 and 13. Near downtown IIRC.

Darchangel posted:

Arlington, Virginia, or Arlington, Texas?

Ah, forgot to mention, TX :).

everdave posted:

Let me know when you are in Nashville, will all depend if I have the kids that day or not but...

I'll be there August 22 and 23 :)

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

poo poo, thanks for the replies guy :3:. I'll post updates on when exactly I'm around in each place.

My job may end up with me working up to 18 hours each day, hopefully it will be less and I'll get to enjoy some time off. I'll definitely be hitting up the AI goons whenever I have time as I'm passing through! :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

Thanks! I'm still away for a few more months, I don't have much free time but I'm making use of the time I have to order parts and figure out how to overcome the various challenges that this project will present.

• Locked thread