Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

I think its less the technology has changed, and more that most of the manufacturers aren't using a stolen lovely half finished completely useless recipe for their caps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

Both Ford and Holden offer LPG only versions of the Falcon and Commodore. Theyre cheaper to run buy you watch that low fuel warning light like a hawk, as its not exactly a trivial task to pour 5L of LPG into your car to get it to the next servo.

Although I have seen someone fabricobble up a hose at work to use a 9kg BBQ bottle to get their car to a servo when they ran it out of LPG. That was loving sketchy watching a falcon sedan drive away with a hose going from the fuel filler to the boot with a BBQ bottle wedged in upside down.

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007

Using a 1HZ flywheel ls going to dull down your throttle response somewhat, those things are loving HEAVY. Bout 16KG without a clutch onto it.

Be a torque monster with that much rotational mass tho :v:

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007

Cobalt drill bit and a shitload of lube.

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007

The other one is to strip it of all its rubber parts and then do a heat and cool cycle to temper the steel and remove the hardness you've welded into it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007

God drat man :(

• Locked thread