Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
Finally! Another AI poster who's obviously as crazy as I am. That's quite a bit of work/parts holding to keep those cars on the road. I approve.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011

ShittyPostmakerPro posted:

13B from a FD has been at the back of my mind, but again it's more money for an old engine with unknown history which might need a rebuild. On the plus side, it may bolt right up and even use the rx8 harness and ECU

It will bolt right up, but it will need new motor mounts, ECU, wiring, fuel rails, custom turbo manifold, cooling, ect.

NA V8 that thing if you can make it fit. :getin:

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
Sounds like too much work when you have other cool projects. I do like the sound of a V6 though... would be neat :). Downside is you have to keep the stock ECU to run the dash/hvac :(.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
Why retain the stock clutch slave? I'm switching to internal from a T56.

http://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=6904604&cc=3298417&jsn=456

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011

Pomp and Circumcized posted:

I was "what?" at this picture for a while. Now I see it. Christ now I'll never unsee it. :laffo:

In other news, this flywheel just won't come off. That's a 10mm (3/8") piece of steel bar that I bent trying to push it off. Propane torch centre didn't help.

Engineers hammer and a few solid taps, it will come right off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
Now you're talking. When I have a bit more time I'll give a quick brain dump of the off-the-shelf parts for a ~400whp FD.

• Locked thread