Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Ford sells its new 2.0 ecoboost motor as a crate with harness, ecu amd other shenaniganry. More hp and torque than the renesis motor, should bolt to the trans and is probably small enough to fit with minimal modifications. Just saying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Alternately, that motor shares some serious similarities to the mazda 3.0, whose coils are swappable with ford modular v8 coils (2 valve involves surgery on the connector, 4 valve requires making a hold down bracket). They need the spring and boot swapped from the old coils and one of two modifications. Not sure how compatible all this is with the jag version of the motor that had different heads.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

The 3.0L was north america only iirc. If they have a version of the fusion/mondeo with the 3.0, maybe then. vOv

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

See if you can find an underdriven pulley for a mazda 6. Odds are it fits, might be a bit smaller.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Thin metal too. That hood is so light and the fenders are so easy to move the metal on.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Please tell me you ARE putting the ford v6 in it. :v:

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

If you're looking to have rotor housings refinished, consider contacting goopy performance. The shipping might be cost prohibitive, but they are a really well known name in the rotary community. As for quality, you'd have to ask someone like spyder who may have experience with them. I unfortunately still have yet to own a vehicle with a spinning dorito in it. :(

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Pomp and Circumcized posted:

Ah, forgot to mention, TX :).

Ah, you must be visiting the GM plant there. Go draw dicks on something for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Darchangel posted:

That's right up the highway from where I live.
In fact, in my youth, I actually lived about a mile from the plant.

There's a few other goons here and around. STR isn't far away when he's not in Austin.

Heh, my stepfather at the time was plant manager there during them building various series suvs there.

• Locked thread