Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bibendum
Sep 5, 2003
nunc est Bibendum

leica posted:

I was looking into newer, low mileage Scion XB's as well so probably gonna go that route.

I'm about to buy one for the family, watch out for the 08-09's with the oil consumption issues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bibendum
Sep 5, 2003
nunc est Bibendum
A bit of a weird question, but that looks like it is set-up for 2+2seats, was that an option on fd's? I've only seen two seaters here in America. I used to have an fc with the 2+2 and liked it and now that I have growing kids a 2+2 fd could really fit the bill.

Bibendum
Sep 5, 2003
nunc est Bibendum
Yeah, I owned an FC with them and they turned it into a useful 3 seater if the passengers were modest size although I nearly broke my brothers neck going over a bump once. Living in the states I'd never seen an FD with them but after looking at more pics it looks like Pomp is right, if my daughter was behind me and my son behind my wife it might work for a little while but not long. I guess maybe a 1-series BMW is in my future. :sigh:

I got no ideas for thread names but thanks for posting, you give me hope that I'll be able to put my interior back together with only a few broken tabs.

Bibendum
Sep 5, 2003
nunc est Bibendum
Some silly navel-gazing: I'm sure the bolt pattern and passages are asymmetrical but if it happens to be symmetrical you could bolt 2 MG2s back to back and drive one in reverse, gut the spare gearset and put a block off plate over it. Otherwise maybe make an adapter that is wide enough for a center diff to fit in and run 4wd albeit with 2 transmissions that need to be kept in sync(obviously a silly idea in an rx7).

Bibendum
Sep 5, 2003
nunc est Bibendum
Maybe the cam position sensor uses a Gray code encoder?

• Locked thread