Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib

Pomp and Circumcized posted:

Anyway, here it is, printed. The box around the connectors is the total size of the PCB which I am designing (edit: It's not all on the picture...it's 16cm wide by 10cm tall). This needs to fit two microcontrollers, a power supply, power transistors for the throttle motor, a whole host of related components, and a connector to the Speeduino. I'm still mid-way through designing this, and it's proving to be a pain as I'm still not 100% sure on exactly what I will need from this device (e.g. I only decided to cut the AC last week, which removes my need for a compressor clutch output, three-stage fan controls, and inputs from the pressure switch and compressor rotation sensor).

This doesn't look like a lot, but between the desoldering of the connectors, the stripping and sorting of the looms, and the CAD work, this was the best part of a full day's work.

Oh, anyone who has dabbled in this poo poo knows that's not trivial to do. Hell, I spent an entire night designing an FDM part to replace the sliding rear window switch in the overhead console I bought to replace the basic one in my truck. 5 revisions, ending with something that actually fits, and doesn't look awful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib
Jesus, that blows. Goondolences, man.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib
The tools will be junk. The fire will have annealed them, if not outright melted them. That loving blows.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib
Where you going to be in the US?

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib
I'm an hour from Boston, and could put you up for a night if you want to venture to the Cape.

• Locked thread