Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
meltie
Nov 9, 2003

Not a sodding fridge.

ShittyPostmakerPro posted:

Note that the V8 Soarers are old-insurance group 20 (the highest), plus they are imports. I pay £400/month for each of mine with Admiral. I'm almost 30 and have 9 years no-claims though. I bought my first Soarer just after I turned 25, insurance was about £800, which isn't too bad.

I'm sorry, per month?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meltie
Nov 9, 2003

Not a sodding fridge.

Pomp and Circumcized posted:

Thanks for all the words of encouragement. Tonight/tomorrows job is to sort out the wild oscillation in the throttle motor, as it is currently hunting for the correct value, then overshooting wildly with hilarious results.

It's dark outside before I leave for work and dark again when I get home, so during the week, these electronic projects are all I can do to help the project progress. Hopefully it's not too dull, during each weekend I attempt to do some metal-related bits!

You might want something like a PID algorithm on that?

meltie
Nov 9, 2003

Not a sodding fridge.
Woah! Nice find! What's with the clicky brake booster?

meltie
Nov 9, 2003

Not a sodding fridge.

Is this a horrible, horrible idea?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/302445486409

Not a fan of the idea of "resurfacing" rotor housings, surely the increased clearance will negatively affect the engine. The porting looks like a 5 year old did it. No idea if a 20B will fit in a FD without modifying the subframe and engine bay. I don't need the power output of a 20B, this would be purely for the adventure and uniqueness :p

I can guess who that seller is. It's probably the chap who runs MX5 Motors / "Hayward Rotaries North". I used to go to him to look after my MX5, until one day he left the top bolts off my suspension and I drove a hundred miles cross-country that morning before he realised.

Nice chap but there were usually little errors when I used him and that was the last straw for me. My mate and I stopped going to him after that.

meltie fucked around with this message at 06:40 on Sep 15, 2017

meltie
Nov 9, 2003

Not a sodding fridge.

meltie posted:

I can guess who that seller is. It's probably the chap who runs Hayward Rotaries North. I used to go to him to look after my MX5, until one day he left the top bolts off my suspension and I drove a hundred miles cross-country that morning before he realised.

Nice enough chap but there were always little errors when I used him and that was the last straw for me. My mate and I stopped going to him after that.

(if it's not him then it's MX5 City that's selling that and I have no idea wtf they're doing with rotary bits)

meltie
Nov 9, 2003

Not a sodding fridge.

removed the wiper motor and found it to work fine (but the wipers move slowly/not at all, which is odd)

crap ground?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meltie
Nov 9, 2003

Not a sodding fridge.

Maybe. There is definitely something funky happening in the electrical system, as only one headlight motor works from the pop up switch. They both have power though (they both fight to return to their home position if disturbed)

Could be a crap Mazda body ground maybe. On the MX5 the body grounds came together in a few translucent white flat junction boxes. My engine bay one was under the brake booster and was filled mainly with green corrosion. By the time I found it my headlamps were earthing themselves via the horn.

• Locked thread