Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
What's the capacity of the donut tank?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug

ShittyPostmakerPro posted:

Around 327151kcal, so approximately 769767 donuts, depending on the type of donut.

At roughly half a kcal per donut, that's no donut I want to eat.

(So roughly the same as a normal fuel tank, gotcha. Cool. I've always wondered about LPG.)

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug

Hey, just a little PSA to you and others. While I'm sure the slings are plenty strong for that job, the configuration can be a recipe for disaster if the angle of the lower parts become too close to horizontal. This Wikipedia article explains the phenomenon from a rock climbing scenario in great detail, but long story short: when doing V or Y configuration in any load bearing situation, keep the angle as small as possible. Assuming the angle in your pic is 120 degrees, the black sling alone is experiencing as much force as the engine hoist is at the chain, even if it's only holding half the load.

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
Re: the 54mm socket, this 50mm socket is available locally in 3/4", and it's like 11 quid. With your access to a machine shop, would it be possible/feasible to get that, and then machine off 2mm on each of the six faces, abusing the "round corner" design a bit?

E: fuckit, I have a somewhat busted one you can *have* if you want.

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
Yeah the first gen Mazda 6 rusted like crazy. Also, try to google "mazda 3 rust" and prepare to scream.

• Locked thread