Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rocketpriest
Nov 28, 2006
Alias: Non-Demoninational Minister Capable of Sub-Atmospheric Flight
With all the condensing of servers and the possibility of a more active playerbase on the 'goon realm' I think I'll pick this back up for a minute. Since after 8 years of on-and-off playing I only made it 26 anyway on any Silverlode character I think I'll just roll a fresh something on Landroval. The only catch is, what the gently caress do I roll? I can't decide between Champion, Warden, and Lore-master. I just want to solo through the quests at a leisurely pace, but have decent enough dps to kill whatever it is I come across. I remember my Captain being a little weak in the damage department, so I'd like something a little better than that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocketpriest
Nov 28, 2006
Alias: Non-Demoninational Minister Capable of Sub-Atmospheric Flight
Since I still can't figure out what class I want to commit to, I decided to sub for a month and make one of everything and level it to 20 to get a taste of it/free riding/all my trait slots. Loremaster was pretty good, except for the weird 'stuck in place' thing some cast-bar spells do for a split second after the cast ends when I really want to be moving in to whack thing with the staff, Champion had even better kill speed than the Loremaster... But what the gently caress is going on with Minstrel? It's like I entered a goddamn cheat code or something. I have 3 different buttons that are one-hit kills on even-con mobs. Granted, one of them takes building up with the ballad buffs, but those skills two-shot poo poo anyway, so who cares? I almost don't want to play it anymore because it just feels broken. I may end up going the Guardian route, now that they have early ranged weapon access and they just seem to get a lot more easy offensive power than they used to. I dunno, I don't have to make my final decision until everyone can ride a horse :v: