Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ukrainius maximus
Mar 3, 2007
Are there many open-world dungeons similar to Goblin-town? I've played this game on and off for so long and my current highest is my Hobbit guardian on Landroval, who is a few levels into Lothlorien. I think they re-did Goblin-town or something though which meant I was able to solo through it and I had so much loving fun going through there and just being a bad-rear end Hobbit saving elf mans and womens and killing goblins.

Are there other places like that? I really like the whole open, non-instanced kind of dungeon feel. Moria was pretty good for that, but I stopped playing a few months ago because Lothlorien just got sort of dull riding back and forth doing all of the intro stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ukrainius maximus
Mar 3, 2007
I definitely liked re-doing The Old Forest and dug that vibe as well, especially as I was reading through the books at the time. Shame to hear there isn't much more of that past where I am.

What level are Carn Durn and Barad Gularan?

ukrainius maximus
Mar 3, 2007
So since I haven't been playing, where are they at with transfers at the moment? Have they started allowing them for select servers?

I'm looking forward to uniting my Hobbit burglar from Silverlode (Frogasm) with my Hobbit Guardian on Landroval, wherever the Nazgun end up.

ukrainius maximus
Mar 3, 2007
I feel a strong desire to come back to Middle Earth and make a Hobbit hunter. Is this a good life choice?

ukrainius maximus
Mar 3, 2007
My last foray involved a Hobbit guardian. They definitely ramp up a lot more as you gain levels and traits and all that good stuff. I ended it in Lothlorien because I got into something else.

I generally prefer ranged classes because they are so much more laid back, specifically a physical ranged class that uses a bow. I think I definitely need to make this happen.

Quite frankly I'm shocked I haven't done this already in the past.

ukrainius maximus
Mar 3, 2007
Anyone else seeing "Connection Failed: Server Full" when trying to login to Landroval? I tried Brandywine and got through fine, I just can't get onto Landy.

Oh well.

ukrainius maximus
Mar 3, 2007
I'll give it a shot today and hopefully it cleared up. I couldn't find anyone else having the same issue so it seemed to be just me, which was odd because I could access other servers.

I just wanted to open my drat Hobbit gift for the day :(

ukrainius maximus
Mar 3, 2007
Would any bored goons care to give a breakdown of the content post-Moria? It kind of confuses me, especially since I've only just barely broken through Moria on one character - a guardian who is about 64 or so.

Everyone told me Lothlorien would be great and a breath of fresh air after getting out of the mines. They were sort of right in that it was nice to look at, at first, but man running those quests where I literally rode back and forth between that camp right outside Moria down to the orc camps felt like it took me days and I just burned out and quit playing.

I rolled up a new minstrel who is quickly approaching Moria (Bazias in game) and I was hoping to just get something that I could reference in the future. It can be as simple as just the zone and the level range you'd expect to roll through.

I just get confused because it all sort of melds together as I've never been through these places.

ukrainius maximus
Mar 3, 2007

xZAOx posted:

Here ya go!

https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Zones_by_level

The LOTRO wiki isn't as well updated as it used to be, but it's still quite handy!

I am ashamed, but thank you! This is perfect.

ukrainius maximus
Mar 3, 2007
I have a nagging urge to make a new Hobbit Hunter because I love Hobbits and I've actually never really played a hunter in this game.

One question I do have since I haven't kept up with this game, is it possible to track wood and ore at the same time? I always liked going Explorer for the money but I kind of hated how I could only track one at a time.

ukrainius maximus
Mar 3, 2007
Darn, oh well. I'm not too crazy on tradeskills anyway. I just wanna shoot orcs as a Hobbit, that's the real important part.

ukrainius maximus
Mar 3, 2007
That actually tickles my fancy. I really like LOTRO but my problem is that every time I play I get caught up wanting to see everything AND wanting to see the current content. I've never successfully made it past Lothlorien because of this. The prospect of old stuff being "current" and being locked to it actually excites me. I will for sure check this out.

ukrainius maximus
Mar 3, 2007

My Man Mollari posted:

This is insanely ~my thing~.

I know there isn't an official release date yet, but has anybody seen mention of a rough window? (IE: Soon(tm), 2019, after WoW Classic etc.)

The announcement says this fall I believe, so that should be pretty soon I’d imagine.

ukrainius maximus
Mar 3, 2007
A few months back I think they re-worked red line to make it a bit better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ukrainius maximus
Mar 3, 2007
Maybe I'm being a bit pedantic, but it doesn't specifically mention RPG for that Amazon LOTR game. I'm not sure if that's a mistake or if MMO just implies that these days, but I find it a bit curious.