Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

I have a Captain in the 80s who I burnt out on due to the slow nature of levelling plus the general malaise of Dunland (I should have listed to you all and skipped it but I can't help myself) and Rohan. I guess it's a question of whether I can be bothered completely redownloading the client to move him or if I just start again at some indeterminate point in the future.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

I get nostalgic for this game sometimes, but my Captain is still languishing somewhere in Rohan and I just....don't want to play him anymore. The area is godawful, mounted combat loving sucks and the slow pace of Captain levelling finally broke me a few years back.

Some of the new content sounds rad though. Maybe I should just start over...it would mean I'd get to go through Moria again and that entire area was loving brilliant.

What's class balance like these days re: fast solo leveling?

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

I burnt out in Rohan and can't seem to make it out of there with my Captain due to a crippling lack of any kind of motivation but a new class would probably get me to jump back in and gently caress around for a while. I'd take them through Moria at the very least because Moria owns bones.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Really cool to see them finally modernise their F2P scheme a bit. I might come back and play around a bit once it’s changed just to see some of my favourite areas and sights again.

I really, really like Evendim even with the occasional annoyance of getting around the lake.

And I’m definitely up for at least one more trip through Moria. Such an amazing set of zones.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

I feel like Evendim does a good job at presenting the Dunedain as this semi-nomadic diaspora occupying the tattered ruins of their former glory desperately trying to safeguard what little remains of their cultural heritage from tomb robbers/the forces of darkness/pissed off spirits. The stuff with the Guaredain is not great, though.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Welp, a Mariner class is like laser-targeted towards getting me to reinstall this game and play for a while when it drops. I’m sure I’ll lose steam after Moria as always but it’ll still be a fun revisit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Everything I've seen from the Mariner preview has encouraged me to jump back into the game on its release, I know I probably won't last long enough to get very far but I wouldn't mind doing Moria again if nothing else.
Particularly since I can try out the Before the Shadow early leveling stuff rather than going through the old route I've trod a million times before.

Just need to decide whether to go a Stout-Axe, High Elf, River Hobbit or Man I guess.