Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos
This sounds great and I'll definitely come back for it.

I just have to decide what class. Champion? Or actually learn to tank and try Guardian? I think it might be time to break out the big shields...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

extra stout posted:

Guardian is pretty easy compared to being a good warden tank, and champions lost their shields so don't play them to tank.

I think it'll be a fun idea as long as the purists don't complain about all the changes.

Yeah, by 'break out the big shields' I meant try Guardian. My character on the live server is a Champ so I don't know that I want to do it again, but I've never done much with a Guardian. Simple and straightforward isn't necessarily a bad thing!

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos
I think I'm gonna go Guardian for that reason: I haven't played one much, and shields are cool.

See you Thursday!

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos
So how many people here are going to be on the legendary server? I know I am going to try it (as a Guardian) but I'm kind of curious how many other goons are interested enough to do it. Maybe we should make a legendary kinship.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos
Sounds like a plan. I'll make the Nazgun (legendary server edition) as soon as I have some spare silver, unless someone else beats me to it or really wants a different name.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos
While I'm thinking about it, how much did racial traits matter back then? I seriously can't remember. Debating between hobbit and man for my guard. (Hobbit is currently winning.)

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Fried Sushi posted:

The Man heal was pretty massive back then, its why I made my burglar and champ Men back then. But it started to lose effectiveness as early as Moria so Hobbit probably better long term.

I was also eyeing the block/parry/evade passive on Man but that probably trails off too.

I just realized I don't think I have ever started in the Shire either. And really, isn't that the important thing? Hobbit it is!

Prism fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Nov 7, 2018

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Conskill posted:

The shire is my favorite starting zone. Just hobbits eating pie and having adventures. It's adorable in an entirely theme-appropriate way and I love that.

My other characters were a Captain and a Champion so I have not had the opportunity.

I do like pie though.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

queeb posted:

are warden and guardian the only tank classes? seems like we dont have any goon tanks. How is the soloing ability of warden or guardian and how good of tanks are they? I love tanking so I'll roll one up to tank poo poo for us.

I'm doing Guardian but I have not tanked before and sometimes keep odd hours, so more is good.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos
It's up and I am in it.

There is a -40% XP gained effect on permanently ('Story Pace'). I didn't expect -40%.

Edit: There are a lot of people in Archet and there are multiple layers. I didn't expect quite that many either.

Prism fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Nov 8, 2018

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Herewaard posted:

I feel weird being old and not really caring if I can't start for 6 hours still.

-40% seems okay because they can always bump it up later. Better to be overzealous and then back off imo.

Yeah, I'd just guessed it would be closer to 25%.

If you have a Token of the Hornburg or an Outrider's Token they do work, so you can pick back up on monster kill XP too.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos
I got disconnected when I finished the intro region, lol. Bye, Archet.

I'll be out for much of the afternoon/evening so if someone beats me to making the Nazgun, go for it, I'll get an invite when I can. Otherwise I'll grab it tonight since I have the silver for it.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

extra stout posted:

It's nice to see these new servers so active, a lot of posters here aren't in discord so if you want to post your name/class/vocation I'm going to make a list. Feel free to make a 9th loremaster, I'm not trying to control anyone from playing what they want, but we could use a tank who plans to play for two months at least so we can run instances. If not, a few of us joined a kin from Arkenstone remade on Anor called 'Du Bekar', they're friendly and experienced but not goons. If you want to make a goon kin feel free, I just know from experience it's always a huge collection of casuals who mostly ignore each other, and with gear and crafting being big this kin has already been helpful. Had a guy level 20 or so already giving us crafted bows for free.

Lazy list I'll add to tomorrow:

About 5 loremasters
1 captain
1 beorning (currently a woodworker)

I'm OK with that too as long as I can get an invite. Who would I ask about that?

I'm Lynara, hobbit guardian (and armourer, because it is my curse to always craft).

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos
I can't buy Mordor in the in-game store. It's just... not there. Expansions is empty. (And I don't own it already.)

Is it not available for LotRO points? I have a lot of them so I'd rather use them than pay actual money, sale or not.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

extra stout posted:

I believe the quest pack is there but not the full expansion pack, sometimes the terms confuse even me I just 'buy' everything in lotro points except for the expansion packs which I use real dollars for

A sale summary has been posted:

http://www.lotro.com/en/game/articles/black-friday-holiday-sales-information

The quest pack area was empty too, but that may be because I'm VIP? Thanks for the sales info.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

I tried to install that, but I just got scripting errors. LotRO found it, it showed up in the addons thing, but it wouldn't actually load.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

LegionAreI posted:

You need to install the Turbine package thing. This thing.

https://www.lotrointerface.com/downloads/info1064-TurbineUtilities.html

That did it. Thanks!

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Kaysette posted:

I loved that dude in Lord of the Rings who punched bears with magic gloves to collect their asses.

I’m not going to get salty about it but the brawler seems dumb as heck. Stoked for actual LI changes though!

Meanwhile I love punching everything so I am 100% going to try a brawler immediately. (The inspiration character is apparently Helm Hammerhand.)

Edit: Actually, is there a good summary of how LIs will work - text, not video? Bonus points for one that doesn't assume I know how they work now, since I don't know how attunement or imbuement or whatever it's called works.

Prism fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Sep 27, 2021

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Lum_ posted:

Undercooked. You have three openers but only one is worth using, there's no speed buff and you only have one minor ranged ability (which admittedly looks hilarious, you toss tankards and shoes) which means any monster that runs is a big issue, and there's very little self-sustain heals. Right now it's probably the weakest DPS class in the game.

Bear in mine Beornings absolutely sucked when they were first introduced and now they're monsters, so this is about par for the course for SSG.

I really love the aesthetic but... yeah, this is about right. I really want to play one, but I also decided to make a Guardian at about the same time because brawlers just aren't very good right now. (Which, from what I hear, is not a large step up in quality.) Haven't decided if I'll stick with it, but probably will since I'm a slow leveler and it works OK for landscape.

Late edit: And apparently I have two of the 105 Valar items? Must have been from some previous expansion, but at least it means if I still don't think brawler is in a good state by then by then I can instalevel something else.

Where DID I get those Valars? I know I didn't buy them specifically.

Prism fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Oct 16, 2021

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos
I gave up my brawler. poo poo just don't work good. Maybe someday.

I could use an invite for my Hunter, Meluidal, when I can catch people on.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos
The lag is so bad in LotRO right now I unsubscribed and I honestly can't recommend it. It varies from 'annoying' to 'unplayable' at random.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Big changes about Power, too... or at least they read like them. Does anyone know how significant is this, really?

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos
https://i.imgur.com/vbW9ogD.mp4

Really does.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos
I want them to offer more weapons if they have skins I don't have, for cosmetics.

One of my worries is that there aren't going to be any new two-hander skins I can get at higher levels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

SoldadoDeTone posted:

Friends, I want to play Lord of the Rings Online to live out my best burglar dreams, but the launcher fails to download patch content every time I try to start the game. I’ve tried from Steam and from directly downloading the launcher. Any ideas what could be happening?

It's got nothing to do with your installation, the server has been down all weekend. You'll have to play something else.