Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

If there's going to be a goon group on Landroval now I might actually play this again. I bought this when it first came out but quit after the guild I was in back in the day broke up. Keep trying to come back but there's way too much stuff to sort through coming in blind. Thanks for the OP, it's helping me figure out poo poo in the game now (as opposed to seven years ago)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

I just hit 45, do I need to buy Moria if I'm a subscriber?

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Not starting, getting back in. My Captain has been on Landroval since really early on so I'm not going anywhere.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

And if I buy the four pack, i can basically stay F2P from Moria until cap then?

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

As in, right now if I want to level I either have to buy a zone or sub since I haven't really unlocked anything. If I buy the expansions that content is open to me regardless of status and I don't need to buy a quest pack or anything?

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

The Quad Pack and Helm's Deep both went on sale on Steam for :10bux: a piece.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Cyrano4747 posted:

how does activating it work? do they just give you a code to activate it via turbine or something?

Yeah, you get the codes via Steam's CD key viewer and then you put them in under My Account on the Turbine site

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

extra stout posted:

If I remember you might have to enter big picture mode on Steam but yeah I have done this before and you can access the code, then you just put it into myaccount.turbine.com. I love Steam but I'd rather not depend on it for an MMO, or do away with the nostalgic and sometimes informative LoTRO launcher. Happy Thanksgiving nerds, I'll be on later if anyone wants to run Moria instances or big battles.

You still have to use the LotRO launcher to play via Steam.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Currently playing as Kahran, a 53 Captain working through Moria. Excited to have people to talk to who know poo poo.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

I do love me some dwarf houses. The giant statues and crystals are just cool.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

effectual posted:

Do houses still require rent and if so does escrow delete stuff after a few months? I don't wanna build a house if I can get bored and come back a year later to lose all my stuff.

I was gone for like four years and all my poo poo was in escrow when I came back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

So I'm done with Book 2 except for the epilogue stuff that's scattered all over the place. I'm barely level 63. Is going to Isengard madness, that's why I can't get the next book of the epic questline?

Defiance Industries fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Dec 22, 2015