Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Markkei
Aug 11, 2010
There are a couple more notable "public dungeons" - Sarnur and Haudh Iarchith, but they aren't nearly as large as Goblin Town.

Agree on Carn Dum and Barad Gularan, I have fond memories of running those dungeons all the time way back when 50 was the cap. My kin leader and I were in a group that had gone all the way up to Mordirith, the final boss of CD. We landed the final blow and my kin leader won the Elder Staff drop and I took home a fancy housing decoration, only to realize it was past 6 AM. We didn't regret it one bit and still reminisce about it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Markkei
Aug 11, 2010

Enzenx posted:

I've been thinking about picking this up again and even though I think I had one of every single class to at least 40 I'll probably decide to start over on some of them. How is the class balance now? Do minstrels still out dps most classes? What are burglars like? They were one of my favorite classes back in the day but I know time hadn't been kind to them by the time I stopped and they were little more than glorified rogues. How are RKs at dps? When I played last they weren't so hot because all the changes had made other classes much better but they didn't really improve at all and consequently were towards the bottom.

This is all speaking of class performance in instances at level 100: I've been hearing RKs are leading in single target dps, in fire spec. Their healing isn't as good as minstrels right now, but some of their support skills are still appreciated. Can't say much about burglars since I don't really pay attention to them, but they should be in a pretty good spot. Only complaints I've been hearing are related to the endgame Osgiliath instances. Minstrels still have huge frontloaded burst dps, but as far as sustained dps they'll lose out to other dps classes.

Class balance overall is at an alright spot. Some classes definitely do perform better at certain roles than others (RK and I think wardens at single target dps and minstrels at healing) but all classes can do well enough for what's offered.

Markkei
Aug 11, 2010

ruffz posted:

edit: I just inspected this other Guardian with 5 pieces of gold jewelry and a mixed teal armor set. He has 38k morale vs. my 24k. That's a pretty drat big gap between quest gear and group instance gear.

I have over 40k morale on my captain in tank spec with only the DA essence gear and no gold jewelry. Most of my jewelry is the teal level 95 epic battle stuff. Captains do get a couple morale boosts thanks to a buff and the banner, but I would say mid 30k should be achievable without too much effort? One of my guardian kinmates has over 30k and is decked out in full crafted gear.

Update 17! Someone on Reddit compiled an album of most of the new level 100 craftables: http://imgur.com/a/BGweZ
We're finally getting tier 10, so new raw materials and everything. The craftable 3-slot essence gear looks interesting but seems more suited for tank specs due to the lack of might/agi/will.

The patch notes: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?&postid=7451940#post7451940

quote:

Known Issues:

German and French localization for this beta build is missing in many many places.
The Epic book quests are not available during this open beta.
The Epic Battle: Hammer of the Underworld is not available during this open beta.
In the Epic Battle: Defence of Minas Tirith, the secondary quest "Despair in the Streets" is not fully implemented, and the portcullis doors currently interfere with soldier movement. Additionally, difficulty balance is not complete for the epic battles.
In Minas Tirith, Bergil's quests are not completable.

Release Notes:

Update 17 includes Old Anórien with three new regions (Talath Anor, Pelennor Fields, and Minas Tirith), two new epic battles, a new crafting tier, and an extension of the imbued legendary item system. You can also see a beta version of our new Store.

Cosmetic Weapons:

You can now turn off your weapons when they are sheathed by clicking the new eye icons in the cosmetic outfit page. In combat, the weapons will reappear.
Cosmetic weapon visibility rules have been loosened. We have set up a number of categories of items that can be interchanged with each other: all one-handed weapons (including cosmetic-only items), all shields, two-handed clubs/swords/implements, and two-handed hammers/axes/halberds. All other categories (such as Staff, Spear, etc) can only be interchanged with other staffs, spears, etc.You can no longer waste a dye trying to dye shields in the wardrobe.
Shields and weapons should again appear at their normal size.

Crafting:

Crafters now have access to a tenth crafting tier: the Anórien crafting tier. Crafters of this tier can use Poplar, Anórien Skarn, Zircon, and Tattered Anórien Parchments to craft items for level 100 characters.
All crafting nodes can now be harvested while mounted.
All crafting materials stack to 500.
There is no longer a distinction between Vegetable, Grain, and Pipe-weed Farmlands. There is now only one kind of Farmland.
East Gondor craft nodes have been replaced with the tier 10 craft nodes also found in Old Anórien.

Imbued Legendary Items:

DPS / Main Item Legacies have been granted 4 more available tiers and can unlock an additional 4.
Imbued stat Legacies have been granted 6 more available tiers and can unlock an additional 3.
All other imbued legacies have been granted 3 more available tiers and can unlock an additional 6.

Burglar

Burglar's Gamble Chance Legacy now gives Cash Out Damage after tier 35.

Captain

Muster Courage Fear Resist now grants Shield/Song/Blade-brother Critical Defence after Tier 35.

Champion

Swift Strike/Swift Blade Power Cost has a maximum tier of 38.

Guardian

Guardian's Pledge Cooldown now gives Retaliation Damage after Tier 35.
Guardian's Pledge Magnitude now gives Shield Swipe Damage after tier 35.
Turn the Tables Cooldown now gives Turn the Tables Damage after tier 35.

Hunter

Strength Quick Shot Slow now gives more chance to get extra Focus after tier 35.
Quick Shot Critical Chance now gives more Quick Shot critical damage after tier 35.

Loremaster

Signs of Power Durations now grants Signs of Power Debuff Rating after Tier 35.

Minstrel

Cry of the Chorus Cooldown now grants Ballad Critical Magnitude after Tier 35.
Triumphant Spirit Cooldown now grants Triumphant Spirit Critical Magnitude after Tier 35.
Rally Cooldown now grants Major Ballad Healing after Tier 35.
Anthem Duration now grants Melee Skills Critical Rating after Tier 35.
Still as Death Cooldown now grants Song of Distraction Cooldown after Tier 35.
Call to Ioreth Cooldown now grants Call to Ioreth Healing Skills Critical Magnitude after Tier 35.

Rune-Keeper

Healing Attuned Power Cost now grants Revive Morale and Power Restoration after Tier 35.
Battle Attuned Power Cost now grants Chill of Winter Target Resistance penalty after Tier 35.
Steady Attuned Power Cost now grants Armour of the Elements Tactical Mitigation after Tier 35.

Class changes:

Beornings now have access to Bows.
The Beorning Club-damage trait now applies to axes as well.
Beornings with more than 100 Wrath should gain +15% Crit Chance from the Wrathful trait, instead of +0%.
Champion Horns can no longer miss. They can still be resisted.
Minstrel - Call to Ioreth now grants +5% critical magnitude to healing skills, in addition to making the next healing skill automatically a critical hit.
Wardens will now animate properly when using the Taunt skill when unarmed.

Other stuff:

Hope Tokens now have a 3-minute cooldown, instead of 15 minutes.
All 6-man and 12-man Roving Threats now have a chance to drop Morgul Crests.
The Dome of Stars, The Ruined City, and The Sunken Labyrinth now all give 1 Morgul Crest upon completion of the tier 2 instance. This is in addition to any Morgul Crests from the tier 2 Challenge chest.
Epic Battles - fixed merit progress display for some of the secondary quests which used to not show any progress at all.
There's a new option that allows you to control the opacity of floating names on the UI Settings options page.
Added an audio option to disable combat music. When checked, landscape music plays uninterrupted by combat.
A handful of tweaks have been made to the player music system: Bagpipe notes should no longer clip, the Misty * Mountain Harp has had its note lengths slightly shortened, and the Theorbo's seven highest notes should now sound more like a Theorbo.
Level-scaled players should no longer lose their scaling buff when teleporting between Ettenmoors and Osgiliath.
In the Battle for Osgiliath, Creep NPCs have less Morale and Freep NPCs have more.
The store now has a minimum width of 600px to prevent the scrollbar from disappearing.

Markkei
Aug 11, 2010

Cyrano4747 posted:

OK, another question. I just blew up my early legendaries which were leveled into the high 20s. I got a bunch of stuff, including some tokens to toss 67k exp onto another legendary.

What happens if I pop one of those onto something and it levels up past needing a reforge? I think it takes something like 75k total to hit 15, for example. If I dropped the 67k on a brand new item would it hit 10 and then waste the extra exp, or would it be lvl 13 or whatever after the reforging?

Exp will be carried over after reforge so using a large exp rune on a new legendary item is fine.

Markkei
Aug 11, 2010
Awesome, my characters have been on Landroval since release so I can finally play with goons now! Next chance I get to play I'll make a minstrel or guardian or something and ask for an invite to Nazgun.

Markkei
Aug 11, 2010

extra stout posted:

I think it satisfied the home dwelling nerds but since we're finally getting out of Esteldin and into Minas Tirith with the crafting guild

Speak for yourself, I still use the Aldburg crafting hall in Rohan! Bank, Auction House, crafting stations, and guilds all in one tiny building!

Evil Fluffy posted:

Halberd's extra aggro still seems awful for non-tanking captains.

Halberd passive was changed to better suit non-tanking captains, actually: it's now an extra 2% crit chance on auto attacks. That said, I wouldn't worry about choosing a weapon type with the "right" passive since the difference is small.

Markkei fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Dec 7, 2015

Markkei
Aug 11, 2010

Evil Fluffy posted:

e: Are there any current guides for the LI imbue system? I can't find anything useful for figuring out which legacies I'd want to have on my weapon when I take it to 70, upgrade the legacies, and imbue.

Not necessarily a guide, but this site lists all the legacies on both normal and imbued legendary items so you can plan out which ones you want to aim for.

https://lotrotools.pw/legacies.php

To answer some questions in your previous post, as a captain I'd go for legacies such as AOE healing, melee crit magnitude, battle-hardened outgoing healing, muster courage fear resist, bleed damage, and battle readied damage.

Crystals of remembrance will still add another legacy slot to your legendary pre or post imbue so they are still useful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Markkei
Aug 11, 2010

Evil Fluffy posted:

Am II reading this site right that Captains just have a flat 15s defeat state duration instead of 10 seconds, hence the lower desire for the defeat state legacy? The weapon came with the crit damage legacy on it already so that's one down at least.

Also that pressing attack max targets turns in to the battle-hardened outgoing heal legacy when you imbue the LI?

Yeah, they've updated a number of skills and traits to include the old +duration legacies.

Losing pressing attack max targets was a concern for some but even that skill they changed so that the base skill hits 5 targets as opposed to 2. I can't really think of any situation where it's really really important to be able to hit 11 targets with pressing attack, so I don't regret losing the legacy.