Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Survived AGDQ 2018 Awful Games block!
Grimey Drawer
Returning after a few years away. Have Nazgun actually moved over to Landroval yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Ah, shitfire. All of my stuff is on Brandywine, but goons are going to be on Landroval and it looks like I came back a few hours too late to miss the transfer window between those. Any info if they're going to open that up again for a short time?

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I am also on Brandywine and looking to move.

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Evil Fluffy posted:

It's been awhile since I played KOTOR but I'm pretty sure even that game had a handful dumb "kill 10 wamprats" or "collect bear wookie asses" quests

Collect the skulls of 10 relatively innocent or defenseless-by-comparison mortals to further the agenda of your master

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Options are up, and I can move all my duders from Brandy to Landroval. Are we go for Landroval?

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Any idea who it was? I can only imagine a famous Landy person being one of the big RP groups - perhaps Lonely Mountain Band?

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Are goons still (mostly?) on Landroval? What's the pop like, now that all of the server migrations from 2015 and stuff are done?

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Odd question. Whilst looking for account login details I found some extra life code(s) from 2013 that I don't recall applying. Says to put in the details on the turbine account page. I..don't see a 'add code' button. Any suggestions?

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Innerguard posted:

Odd question. Whilst looking for account login details I found some extra life code(s) from 2013 that I don't recall applying. Says to put in the details on the turbine account page. I..don't see a 'add code' button. Any suggestions?

So, from this I put in a ticket with standing stone to ask where to put the keys in, because I tried to put them in through account management and they were coming up incorrect. As extra stout said below, I tried putting them into the lotro store and lo and behold, they worked. Thanks, duder!

However, I still had my ticket active and couldn't actually log back in to the ticket management thing to close it. Now, standing stone have just responded and given me a code for

1x hero of the small folk title
1x ghost bear pet
500 lotro points

Anyone want the spare title, seeing as I managed to redeem the first one? Going to hold on to the bear and points, but I'm happy to share the title with those that didn't get previously.
First come, first served. Will PM.

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Grimey Drawer

epic Kingdom Hearts LP posted:

Hello Goons, I would like to try this game. What class would you recommend for a newcomer? A few of my friends told me Warden was very fun. I don't mind tanking and would like a relatively smooth solo experience.

More up to date goons will be able to agree/disagree but

Guardian is a brick wall. Slow (?) levelling but sturdy.
Champion can carve through things, off-tank but not hugely tanky
Hunter can just blow things away, not tanky but very solo.

Warden is basically combo fighter. You have three attacks and a combo execute button, plus miscellaneous attacks. As you level, you get access to larger combos which do different things.

extra stout posted:

Correct, for the final week or so of open beta they capped us at the ability to get to level 15? and get 2 gold or so that we get to keep once the servers go live. I actually tried farming on my champion which is still my main because someone told me about that. It was specifically that you could grow pipeweed on Gammy Bog's farm and sell it back to her or a vendor next to her for a bunch of silver. Wish I still had the hard drive that had those screenshots. I do have years worth if I get around to organizing the folder. Want to find that one of a GM spying on Nazgun kin chat and warning us about making fun of GMs.

I remember getting a ride from the second elf starting town back to the first, and the horse sinking into the ground whilst doing so, I think due to server load but can't recall. Horsie went on a ground-swim anyway. That was beta.

Iymarra fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Apr 12, 2017

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Thirding this. Human starting quests in Every MMO ever :

Kill bandits
Kill wolves/bears/collect bear asses

Hobbit starting quests in LOTRO, avoiding main quest spoilers?

Deliver mail and avoid nosy hobbits.
Carry pies around.
Maybe shoo off some giant slugs or something.

Basically, if it sounds like something one of the small, full of life folk might do, it's pretty much going to be something you'll see in The Shire.

As someone who has played on/off since beta, I thoroughly recommend playing a Hobbit at some point, maybe first char maybe not, depends on how much 'stereotypical hobbit-stuff' you can take.

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Grimey Drawer

epic Kingdom Hearts LP posted:

I think I'm going to try Minstrel or Hunter. Does this game have decent loot? I like good looking weapons and playing dress up is important. Are there end game weapons to chase?

The loot system is wide and varied.
There are some cosmetic weapons, lots of cosmetic items. You can equip armour pieces as 'wardrobe' items so they appear instead of the appearance of your equipped gear.

Later/endgame weapons are called legendary items. You can name, level up and customise them in terms of ability-boosts. If you are familiar with WoW, think the current legendary weapon situation except you can name them, there are many (though usually one or two types for your class) and you choose the abilities to have and upgrade on them.

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Grimey Drawer
What about top tier support-util-heals?

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Grimey Drawer

extra stout posted:

The best healer in the game is still minstrel, the best healer in the game (who doesn't die and has 50-90,000 morale) is beorning. For the daily featured instance, running old content or soloing I'd take beorning as #1 pick. For healing in a raid they're like #3 or some number much less impressive than 1.

I haven't played a minstrel that high but I think beorning might win for utility, their 'cleanse' removes 3 debuffs at a time every 20? or 30 seconds and the more debuffs you remove (bleeds poisons etc) the more you get a temporary crit bonus on heals for a few seconds.

How are LMs sat at present?
How much util do the Beornings bring?

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Grimey Drawer
So since I havent played since before Beornings were added, what actual util/group healing do they bring?

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I picked up one of the scavenger hunt quests but goodness, everything looks like it all needs a high level.
Is there any way of doing them as a lowbie?

Also where do you get the dragon fireworks from? I haven't found them yet.

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Grimey Drawer
So how are Beornings, particularly as support/healers now that they've had a few years to settle in?

I used to play a LM way back because I loved having many buttons to debuff, heal and generally dick with things. I took a brief venture onto youtube (I know, I know) for current hot takes and the things I was finding were like

'RKs are only DPS. Minstrels are the only healers.'

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Interesting.

How do all the support/healer classes stack up in terms of healing output / individual survivability / ability to actually make things dead at later game?

The highest I ever got was a..62? LM I think, a few years ago. I've toyed with the idea of coming back but keep hesitating.

Basically, how do

Beorning
Mini
RK
LM

stack against each other under those terms? Youtube stuff really seems like hot garbage, as a lot of the '2017' videos seem to be from people who are struggling to kill on-level mobs or who record on potato-cam and there's no 'healer/support roundup' that I can see.

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Death-prevents like the RK's 'Do not fall this day' and the Cappies 'Last Stand' / Eagle sacrifice for LM / Warden using Never Surrender - any more like this?

About a year ago I asked in some places that RKs were a viable healer in all content. The answer was 'yes, but this is a heretical opinion' - is that still the case?

What about Captain - would it be possible to say, use yellow line (because I really really REALLY want a death prevent like Last Stand) and then cross-trait into blue and remain an effective healer, even if not optimal? Basically I'm lookin' really hard for a class with a death prevent (themselves preferably) and the ability to heal at the same time.

What's the population currently like on the legendary servers?

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Last time I looked in (but didn't play) the legendary server was going to be hitting Moria shortly

What's the player volume like on there, or whichever (Landroval?) server is most goonish? I had characters on Brandywine and Landroval if memory recalls.

Additionally, how are the following performing at present / represented?

LM healers/support
Beorning healers
Captain healers

I remember LM and Captain having death-prevents (RK too, but was that self applicable or not?) as those are things that attract me, but not sure how viable it'd be to trait into those whilst also attempting to heal/support.

Also, looks like the trait planners are all offline. Anyone got a link to one that still works?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Yeah I'm a VIP and having issue finding the 99point ones.