Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
The Lord of the Rings Online: Who Are All These NPCs?

I'm excited for the server mergers, I can't wait to play something that looks like it didn't die 2 years ago again!

OP suggestion: Maybe grab the leveling guides from the last two/three pages of the other thread. Or have their authors clean them up if they don't feel they were fit for public consumption.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Level 50 eh? I'm in Moria and right around there. Maybe we could get an on-level group to run them and then the Moria instances? I know that's a lot to ask but hopefully we'll see a small flourish of activity soon due to server transfers.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Nindurred - Champ. The one thing is that I kind of want to do it with an at-level party. I know that's a LOT to ask since none of the content gets scaled (gently caress you Turbine! :argh:) but I'm interested in "raidin' for realz!" and getting the experience you would have gotten back in the day.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Evil Fluffy posted:

This should be in the OP in a size 96 Blingee font/gif. It's one of the best things you can do both for gear and for some nice challenge that comes of facing red enemies.

As a brief counter to this: I'm running Moria right now and I've been finding several you-aren't-high-enough-level-for-this-quest floating rings around. I'm missing out on content and due to not being VIP, the content I CAN do is outleveling me.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Yes, and it doesn't take the VIP until the next billing cycle would occur.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
With the holidays coming up if you're just starting don't buy the expansions. They often go on sale for RIDICULOUSLY cheap and you won't be to their content until then what.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I want to say $20 but someone correct me if I'm wrong. Meanwhile, Steam should have its Halloween sale, Autumn sale, and Holiday sale. Obviously it means waiting a month at least (LotRO isn't a Halloween game so it may not happen then) and since you're already nearing Moria and enjoying your time you might just get it at $40, which is still a REALLY good deal.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
You meddle in stupid eskimo politics. If you REALLY want a snow zone grab Misty Mountains.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
You know how when MMO's die the developers go crazy and do a lot of insanely fun things?

They're practicing... :tinfoil:

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

ruffz posted:

Never played The Secret World, though I have heard good things about its story. SWTOR had an above-average storyline when I played it, but I quit a couple months after launch. It's all a matter of opinion, Tolkien's books are my absolute favorites so I'm biased. I think Turbine does a great job of translating the books to an MMO.

TSW is loving fantastic and I would champion it above LotRO. That isn't to say LotRO is by any means bad but TSW is just so drat good.

That said, SWtOR has some really, really, really, really, really bad writing.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

sassassin posted:

Lotro on the other hand will make you kill innocent deer before you can save Helm's Deep.

:airquote:

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Didn't they say they were changing legendaries so you wouldn't deconstruct them all the time? I seem to recall someone mentioning they didn't see that as how they'd be used (somehow...) and legendary items were meant to be yours for a long time and grow with your character.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I'd prefer not to hit my head on the door frames and also not to look like a pretentious rear end in a top hat. Man!

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I have the island house! It's tiny but cozy and hobbit needs nothing more. I'm looking for two cool small yard decorations.

Also if anyone has these maps: Archet, Breetown, Annuminas, and Ettenmoors, could you mail them and I'll mail them back? It's all I need for that deed. I'm gonna drop the rest of my maps in the kin. They're free TP pretty much.

How do maps work? You just pick them up and they check off? Are they consumable because I don't want to waste them.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
For most solo content you can ignore all but 4-5 buttons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
If you contact support and tell them what happened they might help you out. It seems to be a time of forgiveness for Turbine and the players.