Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Enzenx
Dec 27, 2011
I've been thinking about picking this up again and even though I think I had one of every single class to at least 40 I'll probably decide to start over on some of them. How is the class balance now? Do minstrels still out dps most classes? What are burglars like? They were one of my favorite classes back in the day but I know time hadn't been kind to them by the time I stopped and they were little more than glorified rogues. How are RKs at dps? When I played last they weren't so hot because all the changes had made other classes much better but they didn't really improve at all and consequently were towards the bottom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enzenx
Dec 27, 2011
So I started playing again for the first time in about a year and a half I guess. I was on Landroval with a few other goons who appear to have not logged on in nearly the same amount of time so I'm now in possession of the Nazgun kinship on Landroval. If the rest of you choose to come here then I'll toss lead to whoever when transfers open and let you cool dudes handle it. The kinship is max rank so everything is good to go right away for you all.

Enzenx
Dec 27, 2011

bombhand posted:

The Silverlode Nazgun will arrive as Nazgun-1 and Oxphocker will need to contact customer support for a name change. If Silverlode Nazgun is older than Landroval Nazgun, then to preserve the e-penis, you could probably both contact customer support together and have yours disbanded and Silverlode's renamed, then all the Landy kin members who feel like it could re-join the "new" one.

I didn't realize it was possible to transfer the kinship like that. In that case I'll disband just before transfers open to prevent any naming issues. The Landroval Nazgun only has like 20 characters in it anyways and only one of those besides myself has logged on in the past 600+ days.

Enzenx
Dec 27, 2011

bombhand posted:

Maybe don't disband. If there HAPPENS to be another Nazgun on another server and they HAPPEN to choose Landroval, and they HAPPEN to do it at just the wrong time, then we might end up SOL. The kin transfer comes with a free kinship rename. Best to make sure things happen on our schedule and according to plan than to leave anything up to chance.

Oh absolutely. I planned on waiting until the day they opened to blow it up to avoid anything like that. I have no trouble waiting until you guys get moved over to nuke it to make sure things work out.

Enzenx
Dec 27, 2011

Oxphocker posted:

Checked this morning...still not a move option. Will check this evening when I get home.

Hit me up on steam when you move the kin over and we can get with a gm to do the renaming bit. Steam name is same as here.

Enzenx
Dec 27, 2011

Haerc posted:

So, if I transfer multiple servers to Landroval (only seem to be able to do it one server at a time), is stuff going to get overwritten or anything?

Nope. Everything storage-wise will be crammed in and overflow if it wont fit and any characters you transfer with a name that already exists will get a number appended to the end and a free rename token.

Enzenx
Dec 27, 2011
For anyone that still needs an invite in addition to the characters listed in the OP you can also contact Enzerien and I'll hook you up.

Enzenx
Dec 27, 2011

Haerc posted:

Huh, I have a ton of quests there, but some are locked... I never bought it AFAIK. Is there a way to quickly check what you have bought/what you own from the store?

If you aren't currently VIP then you can look in the store under account/quest packs and anything that is missing is something you already own.

Enzenx
Dec 27, 2011

erazure posted:

I'm considering coming back (again) to (re)start (again), but I haven't really played since before all the expansions and chapter packs and whatnot happened with F2P, and I'm somewhat intimidated by the sheer amount of DLC packs. As a restarting player, how much would I need to consider buying and when to make the game an enjoyable, playable experience?

If you're considering playing again you came back at the right time. Right now you can grab the quad pack and helms deep for :20bux: and get all the expansions, RK & warden classes, and 1000 TP to spend. You'll need to grab a few lower level quest packs to help you bridge the gap into moria but once you get there you'll be good until you run out of HD content and need to move into gondor.

Enzenx
Dec 27, 2011
I'm closing in on 100 on my burglar and have a few questions about LI's. What is the easiest way to obtain the 2 first age symbols I need and is there some kind of primer on how the whole imbuement thing works? That's completely new to me since the last time I played significantly was when Helm's Deep was the current end game content and the tradition was to junk your LI's every time the level cap went up.

Enzenx
Dec 27, 2011

Chairchucker posted:

I like my burglar a lot but they are very bad if you want a hero who can solo a bunch of enemies.

Burglar may not have any aoe skills but I've never felt weak when dealing with a large crowd of stuff. You have so many skills at your disposal to help deal with the situation that you can come up with a plan of attack to deal with most stuff even including small fellowship quests later on. I did the small fellowship quest in the mead hall in Marton (an elite dude with 3 or 4? linked normal mobs and like 3 more normals in the same room) completely solo on level in 2 pulls and found it was the first thing in a long time that felt even remotely challenging to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enzenx
Dec 27, 2011

M_Sinistrari posted:

If there's a way to climb up Sauron's eyetower, I will stagedive off that too.

And I figured to ask here first since googling around I'm only finding old info that I don't know if it's still good. Years back I bought the wallet upgrade to get all the barter stuff out of my bags. Everything I've found says it's accountwide and permanent. However, checking my most recent character's wallet, she's not showing the insane amount of barter tokens I have, just the gold/silver/copper, marks and anniversary while I've got loads of tokens from all the festivals. I honestly can't remember if I created her before or after the server transfer since most I could find is that the wallet's limited to one server. Since it's a one time account purchase, it's gone from the store for me if I needed to buy a new one. Is this something I need to file a ticket on, do I just have to level her up more, or is there something else I'm missing? I did wonder if it might be a Premium/VIP thing since I wasn't VIP at the time I created her, but I just made a new test toon and she's also not showing the full wallet.

Most tokens are character specific. You can tell which ones are serverwide by looking at the name. If it's in green then it's shared between all of your characters on that server. If it's in white then it's character specific and isn't shared.