Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zipline
May 9, 2013
I'm interested in getting back into this. I played LoTRO for 3-4 months in 2013 as a VIP and it was some of the most fun I've ever had in an MMO. The Shire is great, sure, but I really like the Archet/Combe/Staddle/Bree area, one of the best starter areas I've ever had the pleasure to play in. The problem I'm facing is lack of content. I am currently level 33, having completed most of the North Downs and Lone Lands except for some of the group content. I own Mines of Moria and Mirkwood, as well as... something else I think, but I don't remember how to check what content I own. I want to go VIP again but not until transfers from my server, Imladris, are opened. Until then how can I level from 33 to Moria? And is there a way to check what content I own?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zipline
May 9, 2013
Hm, this can't be right. The Turbine page says I only own Shadows of Angmar Guest and Standard and Mines of Moria. But I had several thousand TP from months of VIP a few years ago and I remember buying two (IIRC) expansions with them last year or the year before when they were on sale. I only have like 300 TP now so I know I spent it. But it doesn't show it...

EDIT: I'm going to try the "see what I cannot buy" trick.

Zipline fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Aug 29, 2015

Zipline
May 9, 2013
It looks like I own the Misty Mountains and Lothlorien quest packs, as well as the Mines of Moria and Siege of Mirkwood expansions. HOWEVER, I can also purchase the Expansion Quests: Mirkwood item, so maybe I *don't* own Mirkwood somehow? Either way I have no content until 39 so I'll have to wait till merges

EDIT again: Forgot I bought the Steely Dawn DLC during a Humble Bundle a while ago and that comes with Evendim. Just gotta redeem it. Sweet, I'm excited. And also 36, not 33, and played in 2011 not 2013 apparently.

Zipline fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Aug 30, 2015

Zipline
May 9, 2013
Hey. Hey. What happened to the water effects dripping off my clothes as I get out of water? That was one of my favorite features.

Also Evendim is BORING.

Zipline
May 9, 2013
What are the remaining servers going to be, both EU and US?

Also, I heard something about everyone getting two free character slots in addition to whatever they currently have upon transferring to the new worlds. Is that true?

Zipline
May 9, 2013
I'm at 7 total slots on Imladris, so will I have 7 on whatever server I move to?

And what are the 12 servers, have they announced that?

Zipline
May 9, 2013
My main is a Hunter but TBH I don't really like it. It leaves me craving more melee capability. It kills things fast, sure, but it's kind of boring. I bought the Beorning but so far I'm disappointed with it. The voice acting is awful so the constant grunts and growls get annoying immediately and the starting area is just lazy. It dumps you into the Man starting area after about 10 minutes in what could have been a really nice starting area if they had put the work in. I don't know, looking forward to being able to beset bees with further bees I guess.

A big problem with LoTRO, probably my biggest, is that each area can really only be completed once. After you've gone through a region's quests one time then the story is over, and going through it again on an alt is mindnumbing. Other games give you multiple paths so each alt can be different, but LoTRO doesn't. Everyone goes to Bree, and it's all the same from there. Otherwise I'd probably level a Man Minstrel

Zipline
May 9, 2013
The race-specific content ends at like 15 (and the Elves and Beornings don't even get that), and you're funneled into Bree-land. Everyone takes the same path at that point. You do Bree, then eventually the Barrow Downs, and it's time to go to the Lone Lands. LL doesn't have enough content to level you to the next area though, so you also do ND. That's for every character. I just want more race-specific content, something like Warhammer Online where each race had its own path.

Is there a "instant-level" token or something I can buy? I have some XP boosts that I could pop to get some of my alts up to, IDK, 30 or 40, but I was hoping to save them for when leveling gets more difficult. It'd be nice to be able to just pay $5 to hit 40 instantly and skip all of the areas I have already done to death. It's legitimately making me not want to play.

Zipline fucked around with this message at 07:36 on Sep 5, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zipline
May 9, 2013
IDK what to level. I got bored of my Hunter main, which is 40, and bought the Beorning. He's at 19 and I'm enjoying it but I hear the class is super gimped at cap. Is that true? In that case I might focus on a Minstrel of Guardian.