Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
whats up with turbine wrt the Warner sale or whatever it was

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
are the xpacs and what not free? or do you have to pay full price for all of them? i can't imagine paying that much for a 15 year old f2p mmo

also holy poo poo i guess i'm really out of the loop, i had no idea turbine no longer ran this game apparently since 2016. god drat lol.

i wonder if my old account still exists? I played the game in beta and shortly after release for a while, came back at some point when wardens came out and ran around for a bit.

Tabletops fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Jun 15, 2021

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

HPanda posted:

It will, and you’ll also have all the years of veteran rewards. That one surprised me when I logged in for the first time in 10 years.

their account management site looks exactly how i remember turbines old one looking. tried to recover my username or password and the site gives zero indication that it's sent an email or anything lol. I have old emails from ~2012 about resetting my pw and that lines up with the warden stuff i think. However doing the username thing to that email or the pw recover for that account gets nothing

; ; guess i'll contact their support

Tabletops fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Jun 15, 2021

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
I liked wardens when I played them forever ago

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
The monetization of this game is confounding

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
how were the burglar changes from a few months ago? Did it make them better solo at all

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Lum_ posted:

As a rule anything can solo landscape because landscape is so easy these days once you get legendaries.

ah ok was just wondering about whether the update changed how they handle content much at all, or if it was a good update for them in general

in other news I can't seem to access my account. Somehow doing a password reset for an account I made in ??august?? i think, whenever the 15th anniversary stuff was, doesn't send anything to any of my emails. I know the account name because it was autofilled when I downloaded and installed the launcher.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
Yondershires great if you love hobbit poo poo cause it’s a lot of that. Only like 3 levels worth though.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
did they add a battle gauntlet section to the auction house? lol

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

LegionAreI posted:

Good poo poo. Don't read the comments though, man. I didn't think this old game still got that level of "discourse."

My experience with mmos, especially old ones, has been that 25% of people live in a major urban center in California and the other 75% live in rural Alabama

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Rudeboy Detective posted:

I hope worldchat never sees this.

Lol

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
i was personally never able to get a group for those quests, so i did the ones i could do solo and skipped the rest. i think i spent probably an hour or so advertising in chat to no avail.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
It can really hurt if you don’t notice it in time. Idk it gets easier with more/health or defenses (unless it’s just as flat % health hit or something ), but it definitely killed my brawler once or twice when I was mass pulling stuff and didn’t notice. Wish it stood out a bit more.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
Any good overviews out there? Curious what it do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Cyrano4747 posted:

My advice? Reroll a champion. Guardian is absolutely doable solo but champ is going to be significantly faster and just feel better.

I say this as someone who played a guardian to about half way through Moria and then rerolled a guardian after coming back and who is way past that now.

when did you do it? my guardian tore poo poo up when i played it relatively recently.