Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004
ONCE YOU POP THE FUN DONT STOP
Maybe I'm behind a system or so, but I only leveled through Mordor and didn't do anything really. I spent $20 on some ingame currency and I'm pretty sure my 2 legendaries were topped out and I have 50-60 slayer accelerator tomes and 30 xp accelerator tomes, and like 8k left over? Maybe it was like $40. It wasn't excessive, though.

I guess that's the less than legal way, though. I'm proud to support my Chinese brothers in all MMOs I play, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004
It's been remarkably stable and will be continually populated by old heads who won't ever play anything else.

I really do hope they iterate and improve on the progression server idea - as in stay in Moria for an extended period of time or permanently.

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004
I dont think lotro has any skills that suddenly become obsolete because you hit level 5 and they rename the skill like ff14 though so its completely unnecessary

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004
From the one fat Yani looking dev stream their "goal" is to do a lot of graphical updates prior to amazon's lord of the rings show so they can retain the players that it brings. Along with a legendary item rework. But with as convoluted and bad as LI's are and have always been, I don't think they'll accomplish much, it needs to be burnt to the ground.

They keep trying to hamstring people's ability to rank up legendary items, but I can go buy 100 scrolls for $6 instead of taking 2 months or whatever it is to max out one of the abilities.

For as much money as lotro brings in their priorities are hosed. 99% of their resources are put into the next content pack instead of unfucking the existing portions of the game.