Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
I've been in lots of goon guilds in MMOs, and rarely found the leader of the guild to be that big of a deal. Most goons just want someone to invite them to have some chat while we play (leading in some MMOs to give lots of people invite rights), and contrary to what The Internet says, most of us just want to hang out and have a good time.

That combined with the extremely low active goon population of LOTRO, what all do we need? I'm just worried that I'm missing something here, and would like someone to fill me in if I am. I see it as these things:

-Someone to keep the first post updated and relevant (server, officer list)
-Someone to invite people, or to give other people rights to invite people
-Someone to kick out anyone who is creating drama (robbing the guild bank, to being sexist/racist, to nonstop memes or something), provided officers don't feel comfortable doing it - and hell, our pop is so low, I don't know that this is really an issue/concern
-Someone to help with our upcoming transfer

I could be wrong, but I don't see, even after transfers, us doing coordinated raiding/grouping or anything like that. If enough of us are on at the same time, absolutely! Just can't see it being anything other than impromptu for the most part.

All that said - definitely want to thank Hobo for being in the role for however many billions of years he had the title, and if his poo poo gets fixed, I'm fine with him returning to it as long as the 4 things I listed above can happen. The goon guild was a happening place when the first Hobbit movie came out, and we had a blast as we all did lots of dungeons and Turtle runs. I hope after merges we can start doing some goon runs of the newer dungeons and I still would like to run a lot more BBs (missing tons of points, heh).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
Hobo - going back to my 1997 Packard Bell days, support would always tell me "Format your computer". Have you done that yet?

These days with cloud-all-the-things, it's a much less daunting task to get back up and running, but your poo poo is so out of whack is the best I can think of.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

ukrainius maximus posted:

Are there many open-world dungeons similar to Goblin-town? I've played this game on and off for so long and my current highest is my Hobbit guardian on Landroval, who is a few levels into Lothlorien. I think they re-did Goblin-town or something though which meant I was able to solo through it and I had so much loving fun going through there and just being a bad-rear end Hobbit saving elf mans and womens and killing goblins.

Are there other places like that? I really like the whole open, non-instanced kind of dungeon feel. Moria was pretty good for that, but I stopped playing a few months ago because Lothlorien just got sort of dull riding back and forth doing all of the intro stuff.

No, Goblin-town remains pretty uniquely awesome. You mentioned a lot of Moria gives a similar vibe - I'd say I got kind of a similar vibe from The Old Forest and parts of Fangorn, but nothing ever quite like Goblin-town.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Level 50 eh? I'm in Moria and right around there. Maybe we could get an on-level group to run them and then the Moria instances? I know that's a lot to ask but hopefully we'll see a small flourish of activity soon due to server transfers.

I think you can get goons to run it with you at some point, but on-level almost assuredly not.

Post-server transfers, I'd think you'd be able to find a PUG though.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
What fixed it? What was the problem?

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

Zipline posted:

A big problem with LoTRO, probably my biggest, is that each area can really only be completed once. After you've gone through a region's quests one time then the story is over, and going through it again on an alt is mindnumbing. Other games give you multiple paths so each alt can be different, but LoTRO doesn't. Everyone goes to Bree, and it's all the same from there. Otherwise I'd probably level a Man Minstrel

....what?! There's so much content in this game, so much exp to be had, that aside from a few spots, you should be able to take 3 or more characters through without ever repeating anything.

Yeah, there's the recommended route that people prefer, but seriously, stray off of it for alts if you want. Saying there's only one path for LOTRO is so wrong that I can't even fathom it.

https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Zones_by_level

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

Zipline posted:

The race-specific content ends at like 15 (and the Elves and Beornings don't even get that), and you're funneled into Bree-land. Everyone takes the same path at that point. You do Bree, then eventually the Barrow Downs, and it's time to go to the Lone Lands. LL doesn't have enough content to level you to the next area though, so you also do ND. That's for every character.

Again: https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Zones_by_level

Yeah, the game may point you to zones, but go to whatever zone you want. Almost every (if not every) zone will have a quest to pick up near the entrance to get you started on the zone. Especially if you do quests a level or two above you, you can take very unique paths.

Yeah, there might be a little overlap in Bree, but there's absolutely no reason to take each and every character 100% Bree -> LL -> ND. Evendim, LL, and ND are all roughly the same level range, you can mix in Trollshaws there if you want, the go MM or Angmar or Forochel or Eregion because they all overlap heavily, or do a little in each then move on.

Seriously, just pick a zone in the level range and go somewhere different. The game is easy, you can do quests a couple of levels higher than you fine.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

ruffz posted:

In the past (mainly Rohan) I could get a good deal of gear upgrades immediately upon hitting level 100 just from having done the solo quests and getting tokens. Gearing up at 100 seems like it's :effort: x10 for anyone like me that has a full time job and kids. Perhaps I need to wait until my kids are older before trying to get anything beyond starter gear at the level cap.

It's just more time consuming. You can just do Dol Amroth dailies and get your set gear. It's time gated, but it's still only like 20-30 minutes a day (if you're slow like me) that you can do whenever you feel like. If you want jewelry you can run solo BBs, but it'll take longer and super unfun.

Then if you want more gear, you can do even more Dol Amroth dailies for essence gear but gently caress all that. That's a super big grind.

On the plus side - being in the same boat as you, it's not like I have any reason at all for needing better gear. I can smash everything just fine. Sure, I'd probably explode in T2 Osgiliath dungeons, but I'm also not running that content because of aforementioned job and kids. My gear is plenty good for dailies, the easy dungeon runs for marks, and some BBs here and there.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

Cnidario posted:

Returning after a 4-year hiatus (although i did log on a few months ago, got overwhelmed, and logged off). Anybody on Brandywine?

E: I haven't read the rest of the thread yet, so forgive me if this is info i could find earlier in the thread.

Servers are currently merging. Brandywine is not open for people to transfer to. We're on Silverlode, and when transfers open up for us to move, we're looking to move towards Landroval if it is still open. If it is not, we're not 100% sure of the plan.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
Yeah, I think all servers will be good after this. And if some server gets light, I suspect Turbine will close it.

I think people are being a little over worried about ending up on another ghost town. I think Turbine's whole goal is here is to make sure there are no such things as ghost towns anymore.

That being said - I can understand where people like bombhand are concerned. While we were basically dead, she made a lot of friends in the public chat community that did stuff together. Kind of an unofficial guild, so they're all hoping they end up in the same spot. There was some community vote thing and everyone was trying to go to Landroval as well, but it was something insane like 50 tiny guilds or what-not.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
They stopped doing big Expansions , in favor of smaller content packs. We get, what, two or three big content patches a year now?

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Also I'm thinking of doing Hytbold. Would it be easier to do it on level (though I don't intend to do every quest in East Rohan), or would it be best to do it with my 100 who has done everything already in East Rohan but that?

Always easier to overgear things. The problem with Hytbold won't be the content though, it will be not killing yourself before you finish.

I ended up doing about 60-70% during a big play period, then leaving the game for several months, coming back, catching up to current content, then finally finishing it for no real reason. Terrible decision on their part to not really close out the main storyline until you finish that terrible grind.

Defiance Industries posted:

I just hit 45, do I need to buy Moria if I'm a subscriber?

Yes, it is an expansion.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
You can always be F2P, so I'm not sure what you mean. You never have to go VIP. I've always been F2P (beyond the first month VIP for a few account permanent perks), but just buy points when they do a double bonus points sale and use those for quest packs / expansions as needed (combined with ones the game gives you for doing things and working on some deeds).

But check out this to see where gaps are: http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Zones_by_level . I'm not sure which expansions are in the four pack. But odds are you'll need to buy a zone here and there - especially since after Helm's Deep, they're not doing expansions anymore. If you do every quest in a zone though, you'll come out higher than the range, which should help if you're trying to spend as little as possible. After the server merge, you should also be able to spend a lot of time leveling in group content (like Big Battles) if needed, I'd hope.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

Defiance Industries posted:

As in, right now if I want to level I either have to buy a zone or sub since I haven't really unlocked anything. If I buy the expansions that content is open to me regardless of status and I don't need to buy a quest pack or anything?

If you buy the expansion, you get all the goodies in it forever, yes, VIP or not. Quests, dungeons, etc.

That doesn't mean you won't have a level gap somewhere though where you might want to buy a quest pack to get you through (check the zones by level link I posted). I can't remember exactly what lines up where. If nothing else, once you get past Helm's Deep (ends at 95 I think?) you'll need to buy some Gondor stuff if you want to do quests in that part of the world (they'd take you to 100).

But, you can also fill any gaps, and even post-HD, with Big Battles and what not if you're dead set on never buying a quest pack. You'll just have trouble finding non-max-level groups on Silverlode right now. I think that's a terribly unfun way to play though, hah.

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Completionism is a big reason for me to want to do it. The reason I want to do it with my 100 is only because I've already done everything in East Rohan with that character, and seeing that reputation somehow plays a part, I feel it'd be easier to just give myself that headstart. I didn't care for Rohan much the first time around so I don't think my patience would last long were I to re-do that whole process on the on level character.

Of course, completion-ism is the only reason any of us are stupid enough to suffer that grind hah. Remember that you're talking to the guy who started when The Hobbit came out and did every solo-able quest and a lot of the group ones on the same character :)

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
Content packs are always open to buy immediately. Probably 795 points or so

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

Glass of Milk posted:

I've been waiting for Minas Tirith to drop to reinstall...I guess I'll do it tonight. Is the realm transfer stuff still going on? I need to transfer my folks from Brandywine to Landroval I guess.

Free transfers will be open for a while, yes.

If you're wanting to play with goons, you should hold off until we see where we end up.

I'm stoked about Minas Tirith, but I'm going to wait until we transfer before playing. Plus, GW2 right now :).

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
That reminds me - at one point I had my in-game volume slider all the way down, and the game crashed constantly. I found if I even put it to just one tiny notch up, it was stable.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
Just got my 100 points for helping on the stress test. No jackpot for me it would seem.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
Wait until we move before doing anything.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

drat Dirty Ape posted:

That plus the million different kinds of weird currencies (seals, marks, symbols, etc etc) and tradeskill crap in my inventory have me hopelessly confused. I logged in standing in the jewelcrafting guild, so apparently I was working on that I guess.

I've always liked the idea of the Warden class because there is nothing quite like it in other MMOs. I remember enjoying it, but drat there are so many gambits and buttons to remember that it's going to take me a while. Also, I seem to remember there being some sort of gambit that restored power thatI can't find anymore.

Depending on when you played last, there may indeed more drastic changes than you realize. A couple of years ago the game got straight up old fashioned skill trees. So you made need to pop into that, and pick which spec you want to run (red, blue or yellow), then the skills you're looking for may be in one of those lines, or something unlocked by going deep enough into the tree.

Regarding crafting crap - I used to get overwhelmed by that too, but finally learned "gently caress it" because the inventory management alone was turning me off the game. If you're not sure what a bunch of garbage in your inventory is, just sell it all on the AH or vendor it. Odds of you having some AMAZING VALUABLE THING without you knowing it are almost nil, especially at only level 40.

Also gently caress crafting, waste of time and money, heh. I haven't played the latest content patch yet, but I might finally just let my crafting die (I've always kept it maxed because I'm stupid and it was a number to make go up - never used it for a drat thing, maybe a third age bridle once? that's worse than using it for nothing). With the new crafting tier with the latest patch, did they continue the "newer tiers require more and more mats because why not" trend?

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
Many of us are waiting for the server merge to be complete. I'm up to date on content except for the latest patch, figured that would give me a lot of fun to do once the servers are finished.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
Leveling is the best part of the game!

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

Meclin posted:

Landroval is for sure the destination, correct? I have characters scattered across a bunch of servers, so I want to consolidate. I've read through the thread, but the OP still lists three possibilities.

It is still the plan, but just wait until we move before doing anything.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

Litany Unheard posted:

So just constantly replacing your legendaries until you hit 100? What level should I get the legendary to before I deconstruct it?

Honestly, pre-100, it doesn't really matter. I decon my max-level legendaries at 31 or 60 (depending on how many I haven't started I have sitting in my inventory). You generally want to do it at 1, 11, 21, 31, 41, 51, or 60 though. 31 is a good breakpoint because it gives you something different, but I've completely blanked on what it is (I think you get one of the trait scrolls or whatever).

If I was you, as you're leveling up, I'd decon them however often is needed (at the next (x*10)+1 level) to keep your inventory from overflowing with extra legs. If you don't have legs waiting, then just keep dumping exp into them. Fill up all of the slots. All the exp runes will be nice.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

Litany Unheard posted:

We've decided on Landroval so the only reason to wait is if you're in the kin already. If you transfer before your kin does then you'll have to be reinvited.

Thanks everyone for the info on legendaries. I will proceed to do whatever and not really worry about it until I hit 100.

TDLR of my post above:

Just decon them at 31. The IXP runes you'll get are very useful, stockpile them in the bank. If you're overflowing, decon at 21. If you're underflowing, let them level up a bit more to 41/51/60.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

Evil Fluffy posted:

Stupid transfer delays :emo:

There were still several houses last night when I ran around, just none of them deluxes.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

ruffz posted:

The standard houses are way too small unless you're a relatively new player. My deluxe house on Silverlode still had a couple chests full of housing items that I didn't have room to display. I wish they'd someday make new neighborhoods that have only deluxe houses.

I wish they'd make all houses deluxe. Or at least almost all deluxe. And give us a billion more hooks. I want my house to reflect my hoarder lifestyle.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
I wish I hadn't just gotten back into WoW :(. I'll probably be wrapped up there in about 2 months, then back here.

Oh, is there a current Producer's Letter or anything? Last one I could find took us through the latest update, curious what they got planned next.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

SoggyGravy posted:

Forums were down and I transferred to Brandywine and then you guys changed your mind to Landroville...I take it there is no more transferring aye?

We've been saying Landroval for months.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

Jack's Flow posted:

Thanks!

Another question: at what point do you have to buy expansions? Just saw the different packs you can buy. Or do people simply roll with the free content and ignore the stuff you have to purchase?

You will eventually effectively have to buy content. I say effectively because you could technically grind deeds and make new alts and keep grinding deeds and never actually pay for anything, but you'd hate yourself. Or you level up through Epic Battles, and also hate yourself. I think you start running into needing new content around level 30.

Chairchucker posted:

I bought all the expansions but also I'm a filthy lifer. You can wait until you hit the appropriate level for each, though. (Alternately, wait for sales.)

This is the correct answer! Pick it up as you go, and feel free to take advantage of sales if you're getting near needing stuff or just really enjoying yourself so much that you know you won't be burned out by the time you make it to it.

Some people get pissed at LOTRO's revenue model because they look at it with their level 7 character and say "I did the math and to buy all the quest packs and expansions its like $150!!!" or something silly. You do not in any reality need anywhere near every expansion or quest pack to make it to max level. There's enough content in the game to probably go through it with about 3 characters (maybe more) and repeat very very little. If you're penny pinching, remember to also use XP boosting things you may have.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

Lars posted:

Quick question.... I'm slowly working my way back into the game, just hit level 50 on my warden..

Are the only expansions I need when I get further along the ROR and HD? ($5 and $40 atm as far as I can google)

Snip from Turbine.com
code:
Game Version History
Shadows of Angmar™ Pre-order
Shadows of Angmar™ Trial
Mines of Moria™ Standard
Siege of Mirkwood™
Shadows of Angmar™ Guest
Shadows of Angmar™ Open Beta
Lord of the Rings Online™ Beta
Rise of Isengard™
Mithril Edition

Yeah - although I'm surprised HD is $40. I thought it was down to $20 now, or maybe it just goes on sale a lot. There might be a quest pack or two you're missing or something, but you'll definitely have unlocked zones to level through so you won't need it.

After HD content, there are no more and will be no more expansions, but the game is purely questpacks. Typically 800 points each, I think? There have been 3 so far I think, but I could be missing one or two.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

Evil Fluffy posted:

Is there anything to do in Paths yet or is that still an area void of raids and other content despite being pretty much ideal for some crazy content? I've never gone back to check.

It has dailies, but that's about it :(

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

ukrainius maximus posted:

Would any bored goons care to give a breakdown of the content post-Moria? It kind of confuses me, especially since I've only just barely broken through Moria on one character - a guardian who is about 64 or so.

Everyone told me Lothlorien would be great and a breath of fresh air after getting out of the mines. They were sort of right in that it was nice to look at, at first, but man running those quests where I literally rode back and forth between that camp right outside Moria down to the orc camps felt like it took me days and I just burned out and quit playing.

I rolled up a new minstrel who is quickly approaching Moria (Bazias in game) and I was hoping to just get something that I could reference in the future. It can be as simple as just the zone and the level range you'd expect to roll through.

I just get confused because it all sort of melds together as I've never been through these places.

Here ya go!

https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Zones_by_level

The LOTRO wiki isn't as well updated as it used to be, but it's still quite handy!

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

extra stout posted:

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?&postid=7513113#post7513113

Tubine's new strategy of randomly preparing years worth of things we needed and wanted is really really well needed and appreciated. Melee classes mounted combat nearly doubled. Sluggish longer abilities on champion now have shorter durations.

Cost of anfalas scrolls of empowerment will be reduced too, that's a big one.

quote:

Dol Amroth currency reward boxes (Armoury Box, Great Hall Box, etc.) no longer grant tokens of other faction. Instead, they will only contain Silver Tokens of Dol Amroth and the token appropriate for that faction. For example, Great Hall boxes will only contain Silver Tokens and Great Hall Tokens.

Boy does this piss me off to no end. It was absolutely terrible that it didn't always work this way, and since they're finally willing to make the change, says to me they were just being jerks about it before. Or something. Mad about games, etc.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

Phooch posted:

I made a loremaster named Jhiaxus and will hit an officer up for an invitation.

i-get-that-reference.jpg

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

Lars posted:

So, I made it to Moria at 52˝ and just "quickly" grinding out the last of the epics in old-land before "heading in". Is there a point to get crafting (I'm a Tinker) up to par with what's going on within Moria? Or should I just go and forget it, and handle it later?
I figured I could start the Bingo Boffin chain and just spend a bit of time getting some mats along his way with not a lot of downtime.

Unless something has changed, crafting is mostly a big time and money waste just because you want to see a full bar when you look at your skills list or whatever. It gets exponentially more grindy as it goes up in tiers (I can't speak to the latest tier). The armor you can make with it is nice, but never ever worth the effort compared to what you can get via other means.

There are only 2 reasons to do it:
1. You want to make first agers (but we have people in the guild who can make them for you, or someone on the server will, probably cheap/free if you provide the mats).
2. You just enjoy it, at which point, go for it! Get some speed potions or whatever off the store that make crafting time faster, else literally queue it up and come back in half an hour.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
Interesting "first look "video for a new player.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PqXELxO5LI

Yeah, typical youtuber, I've seen worse though. But might be useful for people thinking of joining up. In general he likes it though. Server d/c's plague him a bit, and obviously he doesn't get to the newer stuff too much (where the zones look even better, and legendary items).

Anywhos, planning on popping back in tonight! Mostly done with WoW now. Also I'm happy to help with Turtle runs (100 Hunter) if I have the time (depends, based on family poo poo).

Now that we're on a populated server, I wouldn't mind dipping into some group content. How are the 2 new BBs? Do people still do Pelargir BB? What about the instances that came a bit ago? I never found a group to do them with, not sure if people would really let me join, especially if they're doing the harder versions.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
Wow, Minas Tirith is loving huge, and I've only seen the first two circles. I get that inner circles will get progressively smaller, but still. Pretty swank.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
I made an effort post on the official forums, curious about how to continue gearing. Some of the Minas Tirth quests where you have to fight 3 guys at once gave me a run for my money.

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?598690-What-is-the-current-path-for-gear-progression-What-numbers-are-good-benchmarks-for-stats

Here's the post, if any of you guys have answers, I'd appreciate it:

quote:

Hey all, I'm confused about gear, and wanting to know how to currently progress. Here's what I currently have:

15,403 morale
CR 14.5k (28% crit, 9.9% dev, 32.7% mag)
Finesse 15k (27.8%)
PM 45.9k (162.4%)

Resistance 7.6k
Phys 15.7k (45.6%)
Tact 10.5k (36.2%)

My gear is "of the liberator" 192 teal set, Mostly 192 teal jewelry, 1 yellow 176 earring, and I have imbued legacies and a teal sword for offhand.

So, I feel my DPS is kinda okay, but with only 15k morale, if I get 2 or 3 mobs on me (and plenty of the Minas Tirith quests have spots with 2 or 3 mobs), I take a ton of damage even in the time it takes to fear/root some. On quests where I have to interact to start the fight, it's even closer.

I've done all the quests up to Minas Tirith stuff (and still doing them now). So I have the rest of this update to get quest rewards from. I'm just not sure what to do for various slots. I think I have ideas, but there's no up-to-date guides around these days for LOTRO, so want to make sure I have this correct.

I have the Dol Amroth set gear. After that is it the DA essence gear (ugh, tired of those dailies, not to mention the essence grind)? Then the Osgiliath instance cluster gear? I don't know if I could even set foot into them without blowing up, and everyone only seems to do T2C, and I don't want to drag the group down. But if I could skip even more DA dailies, that'd be great.

For jewelry, do people just run BBs for stars and get yellow jewelry? How are the new BBs - can I enter them without dragging down a group again? Do they provide any newer gear over old BBs?

And just in general, as in the title - what are some good %s to try to hit with gear? Should I start switching out PM for resistances or morale? Or just keep as is and build up essence gear as I can, and swap once I have a full essence set? With essences being so freeform, it's hard to know what kind of balance of defense/offense is recommended.

Sorry for all the questions - just kinda lost overall. I've browsed the wiki and some of the threads here, just trying to put it all together.

However, given that noone was able to answer my last question...

xZAOx posted:

Now that we're on a populated server, I wouldn't mind dipping into some group content. How are the 2 new BBs? Do people still do Pelargir BB? What about the instances that came a bit ago? I never found a group to do them with, not sure if people would really let me join, especially if they're doing the harder versions.

...I'm guessing that none of us are really doing group stuff and know, hehe. Which is fine - I still have a lot of overworld content to do during this update anyways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
Yeah, I've been getting my courage up to join in random pugs. So far though only made it into the DW raid for the first (where I'm sure I sucked sacks of poo poo, but hey, we won and others said it wasn't bad for a pug).

Then got into a Thorog group, only to find out I couldn't travel because I need some deed done. I have no idea what it even is, was just joining poo poo. Looks like I need to find a group running Helegrod. Or do you need to manually go there the first time or something? I'm a hunter, so I can zip around pretty easily.