Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
Usually Great Barrow and Moria instances are probably the easiest stuff to see somewhere. Raid wise, Turtle and sometimes Watcher.

Personally, I'd love it we could get someone to take us through a lot of the old raids at least once. I still have quests for OD and Helegrod, haha. I've been in parts of them, I think. But I got a lot of old quests that I'd love to get done (because I'm stupid), but even at the least, completing them once so that my Instance Finder shows them all as unlocked would be nice.

Usually the problem we have is finding someone who is comfortable herding us cats through them. Bomb had taken me through the BBs last year and I was semi-comfortable with most of them on duo (although I'd need refreshers at this point). I remember thinking Pel was a lot better. I'd also love to at least see the Erebor cluster, and finish the Ashes and Stars quest line (the Osgiliath instances) even if it's just T1.

A lot of that stuff gets annoying to do with friends though, as some is 2 or 6, or just 3, then just 6, etc.

But anyways, rambling aside, I'd love it if someone felt comfortable taking the lead and setting up some regular group content for us. I have a chronically sick child so my schedule can get jacked pretty easily, but for the most part I can make any evening and weekends any time work. I'd probably put my wish list as:

At least once:
Old raids (Helegrod > OD > Rift > Fornost > who knows what else)
Osgiliath instances
MT BBs
Erebor instances

Recurring:
Osgiliath instances on T2C - but I don't have the gear for this
BBs (Pel 6, MT BBs if they're reasonable and give good rewards, DW raid gives lots of stars too it seems, any others people wanna duo if stars reward is decent)
Anything else that isn't huge time commitments that gives relevant rewards (marks farming, etc)

That said - I don't mind helping out for quick turtle runs and poo poo for lower level people too. I just don't know if we have the activity to really get something recurring going.

xZAOx fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Feb 9, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
Holy poo poo, what have they done to the client?

4 crashes in the 45 minutes.

And just in general, since returning, the game drops framerate really often, and CTDs are common (although not this bad typically).

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

alucinor posted:

I don't really know poo poo about gear, but the three-guys-at-once has killed me every time, and I have 27K morale. gently caress those guys.

I meant to respond to this forever ago - did you get past it? Even at 15k as a Hunter I was able to kill them (I can think of two instances in the MT quests - the one with the guard, and another in the Culverts when you're saving the kids). The guard one I one-shot (barely), the part in the culverts took two attempts. If you didn't get past them, I can tell you what helped me at least (or just help you do it as long as the culvert one isn't a solo instance).

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

Titus82 posted:

So I finally made it into the Mines of Moria! As a result I now have my first LIs and am trying to learn how this system works and what the heck imbuing is (looks like a level 100 deal.)

I've got to say I really enjoyed the Expedition quests that led up to Moria, it helped make everything feel a bit more "epic", like getting inside was an actual ordeal. And poor Broin! I was actually sad when he died.

And Moria is massive, from the little I've seen by running around and stabbing things. So all in all I am impressed.

LIs are really confusing at first. Imbuement is even more confusing, but it is indeed a level 100 thing, so you can ignore it for now.

For leveling, I'd honestly say "don't worry about it too much". You get two slots you can equip (a weapon and a class item) that can be LIs, upgrade them every 10 levels or so. And you can get one for your warsteed too later on.

The worst quality is third age, best is first age. First and Second agers (I think?) are crafted from symbols that drop from raids and such (and sometimes from rewards from the epic quest). If you get a first age, it lasts a little longer, but again, for leveling, it's fun to make one but hardly crucial.

I'd suggest leveling up as many as you can. If you don't have many extra LIs you can slot for leveling up, then level them up longer. If you have a lot in your inventory ready to go, then decon them earlier (at the Relic Master). It's best to decon at a level that ends in "1" (so 1, 11, 21, etc). Deconning at 31 is nice because you can pick a legacy scroll, which is what you can tweak your LI with to get rid of crappy legacies.

Legacies however have tiers - higher the tier, the less points it costs to upgrade it, so higher tiers are better. If you use a legacy scroll, it's automatically only tier 2, I believe. You can buy various scrolls at some traders for marks/medallions and probably other poo poo to upgrade the tiers on your legacies.

Again, for leveling, don't stress it too much. As you reforge it every 10 levels, just pick the legacy that suits your class and playstyle and dump points however you like. Slot in whatever relics you like for the weapons you're actually going to equip, but don't combine your relics to super high and put a tier 10 relic in an LI that you're going to decon in 5 levels. I wouldn't put more than a tier 5 or 6 in a leveling LI. Hell, I don't think I really ever put relics in at all until I hit whatever the level cap was for the first time for me (maybe it was 85 or 95? I can't remember). Sure, you're gimp, but it's mostly all landscape poo poo, it doesn't matter.

Also, still, it's very overwhelming, and the wiki can help: http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Legendary_Items

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

ruffz posted:

I'd stay in Moria for as long as you can take it. If you're level 50 heading in there, it'll get you to at least 63 if you do every quest. Then you can choose between Lothlorien, Enedwaith, Mirkwood, and starting Dunland early. I'd personally recommend leveling in Lothlorien and then Mirkwood until 70, then you can skip the boring parts of Dunland.

edit: I forgot that the Rise of Isengard content can be skipped entirely if you go to Great River from 70-75.

As someone who has done all the things landscape-wise, this is extremely good advice. All of Moria is super solid and awesome. You actually feel relief once you finish with it and see daylight again. They did so well with it.

Then Lothlorien is SUCH a polar opposite, it's great. Mirkwood, Enedwaith, and Great River are all "okay", but nothing super memorable to me. I liked Enedwaith because I'm a Hunter, and I really dig the Grey Company stuff, but Dunland is the worst landscape content I've seen in the game. Not that anything's explicitly wrong with it - it's just soooo boring and repetitive. Even compared to LOTRO standards. This is Dunland:

-Go to camp of Dunlendings
-"YOU'RE AN OUTSIDER, WE DON'T TRUST YOU, SARUMAN IS A GOOD GUY. BTW SOME WEIRD THINGS ARE HAPPENING"
-You get them a bunch of bear asses, then they trust you
-"OH poo poo SARUMAN WAS BEHIND THE WEIRD THINGS, WE TRUST YOU NOW! YOU SHOULD GO TALK TO OUR NEIGHBOR CAMP"

Rinse and repeat like 10 times. Dunland over.

The epic through part of that though is what gave my Hunter his Grey Company outfit which I'll never take off, so that was neat. And Isengard itself is neat I thought. But gently caress Dunland.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

ruffz posted:

Yeah I think the Grey Company outfit is the only thing worth a drat in that expansion. My Hunter and Burglar wore it for an extended period of time. Dunland is so dull that I'm sure plenty of people quit in the middle of it. So just skip it.

Dunland actually caused me to leave the game for months. I finally came back and grinded the rest of it out, and stayed with the game until cap (HD at the time). I quit then after a bit of the Hytbold grind which again burnt me out on the game. Came back for the first Gondor content pack, and eventually wandered back over and finished Hytbold.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

Titus82 posted:

Thanks for the input fellas, I appreciate it. One quick question of LIs, should I buy up some trash/cheap LIs and level them just so I can deconstruct them? It kinda sounds like the general plan, but nothing I've read so far as explicitly told me to do that.

Also, I'm level 48 and I never finished all of the Misty Mountains/Goblin-Town Quests and was thinking about going back there to knock 'em out, only because I enjoyed them... But then the Goblin-Town stuff was getting super annoying as it constantly had me back tracking because those drat Elves were too dumb to LEAVE THEIR PRISON CELLS and, I dunno, maybe help me kill the Goblin King?

But part of me thinks I should just stick with Moria as it seems exciting.

As Arch said, for the most part you'll have plenty. You just adjust when you decon (1, 11, 21, etc) based on how many extras you have clogging your inventory. If you always wait until 60, you'll NEVER run out. Leveling up I always deconned at 31 for legacies. There were a few times where I bought extras off the AH when I ran low, but for the most part, you should be fine.

And MM / Goblin-Town was an awesome area, but yeah, the quests inside GT can get annoying. I went back later when I could run through the zone without aggro'ing everything and one-shot everything to finish them up. I'd suggest staying in Moria, and not leaving it until you've done all the things. The claustrophobia there is excellent :)

flowinprose posted:

Fixed that for you.

Ugggghhhhhh, I had blocked that from my memory :(

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
Whenever I'm playing LOTRO, my wife still asks me about the "Rohirrim" after hearing it so drat many times for so long.

Minas Tirith is just as bad. Especially when picking up the dailies - you can accept quests faster than he spews out his line, so you'll be in the daily instance and still have to hear 3 or 4 of those same drat lines.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

Dr. S.O. Feelgood posted:

I left off in Wildermore, so I've been finishing that up since I didn't know what else to do. I'm now level 87, nearly 88, and I'm not really sure what I should do now that I've apparently finished all the quests available to me, save for Hytbold stuff. Do I need to buy the latest expansion? I don't really want to spend $40 right off the bat, but it looks like the newer quest zones are all level 95-100, so too high for me. Also, I'm already tired of Rohan even though I've only been back a few days. Does the expansion go on sale much? I might just play on one of my lower level characters and wait for a sale since $40 is kind of steep for me right now.

Yeah, time to buy HD. It bridges 85-95, where the Gondor quest packs pick up.

Also, I hate the amount of loving crashes this game does now. A lot of it seems to be related to being in/near Minas Tirith. When you see me log off without saying anything and not returning, that's LOTRO crashing and me saying "gently caress it, time to do something else!"

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

Cnidario posted:

It's hit or miss. Sometimes I'm the only one on, sometimes there are 3 other people on. Unfortunately there's not much that can be done to remedy the situation, considering the wide disparity between goon levels within the kinship and the times at which people are logging on. I log pretty weird times due to family and work/coaching obligations, and I know others have similar limitations.

My previous kinship had the same problem; activity gradually dwindled down over the course of Mirkwood and RoI. I ended up taking a hiatus after a while and when I came back a few years later there had only been one person on in the last month or so. I'd hate to see it happen to this kin, but it's really been anything but lively in terms of goon activity. I think everybody was hoping for some sort of Nazgun/LOTRO goon Renaissance when server transfers went down, but that didn't happen.

Yeah, we all thought it would happen, but it didn't, not really.

Best time was definitely when I joined - when The Hobbit came out and got everyone interested in it again.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
Just a note, skirmishes and big battles weren't introduced until later expansions.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
Maxing it out before imbuing just saves you some scrolls. It's also much cheaper to get the right legacies on it before imbuement. You'll still need more anfalas scrolls of empowerment to unlock all the tiers, and anfalas star lit crystals to unlock the dps stat. Or use mithril coins for both. Scrolls are easy and cheap, but you need a gently caress ton of them. I just used coins for the dps stat. I wouldn't use them for scrolls. Continue to level LIs and decon them for relics and exp runes.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
Oh, also, one thing you seem confused about. You unlock the tier, then you level it. Just regular exp levels it, ixp runes level it, normal stuff. So you use scrolls to unlock tiers, normal stuff to actually level up those tiers so you get the bonus.

It sounds confusing, but once you're done imbuing, imbued LIs are a LOT simpler than old-style LIs.

Here's some good links again:

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?567833-Imbued-Legendary-Items-Guide (EDIT: some of these costs are outdated. DPS tier is only 10 coins now, for example)
https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Legendary_Item_Imbuement_system
https://www.lotro.com/en/game/articles/legendary-item-imbuement-dev-diary

xZAOx fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Feb 28, 2016

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
I wonder what they'll do with imbued LIs at level 105. They can't just keep tacking on more tiers to unlock, can they? Gear will get reset, that's normal, but there has to be some sort of catch-up mechanism for new 105s, that didn't play at 100.

Maybe the new scrolls of empowerment will unlock multiple tiers if your tier is under 44 (the current max) or something? Or Anfalas scrolls get even cheaper, so getting the 16-per-legacy is even quicker, and the new scrolls won't work until your tier is 44?

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

Lars posted:

Is it just me, or is Mirkwood really a step up in difficulty? I'm a tad overleveled from doing everything in Moria, and still not even close to breezing through anything. Stuff used to die really really fast with just Embers-Wizards Fire-Lightning + pet attacks. Now most mobs take upwards of 10-12 spells to kill. My gear is fine, both 2nd age LIs at level 60, and everything generally level 65. Might be just "better" grouping of mobs, but it feels pretty silly.

Besides that, I don't have Enedwaith unlocked - is it any good?

I don't remember any issues with Mirkwood on my Hunter (who, according to a recent official forums post, is the worst solo'er - apparently every other class handles multiple mobs better. 15 seconds of prep work always seemed to take care of that, but you do get jumped sometimes).

Regarding Enedwaith - I had to look it up haha, but once I saw the map I remembered it. I remember liking it. You roll with the Grey Company a lot, you have to make at least once interesting choice, and (if I'm remembering correctly) had some cool story pieces, not just the epic quest.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

Lars posted:

Yeah, all done with Lothlorien as well. Only have the repeatables "left". I'm not underleveled or undergeared - the content just feels a lot harder than Moria/Lothlorien - plus I have advanced the epics all the way to Mirkwood. So I might just be bad :P

I did a quick google about "lotro mirkwood or enedwaith" and found multiple posts talking about how Mirkwood is quite a bit harder than other content. So it's probably not just you.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
"expansion"

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
Speaking of trait points - you have to do the loving Warbands in the latest update which completes a deed that gives a trait point, and that deed is part of the meta for the region which gives another trait point - so basically, those warbands are 2 trait points.

Anyone done them yet? Are they soloable? If not...anyone want to do them?

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
I feel like I'm necro'ing the thread, but:

quote:

Additionally this weekend we will be placing Update 18 on Bullroarer for its first Open Beta session. In this build we will have much of the content going out with U18 but it will also have the following items we hope will improve performance in various areas:
- Awesonium upgrade to fix the store crashes some folks are seeing
- Login Server fix to the "Server Full" error
- New graphics setting options for reducing graphics and client load in PvMP areas
- Reducing the data footprint of the Minas Tirith and Pelennor areas

More details and patch notes to come towards the end of the week.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
Holy poo poo, 1995 TP?!

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
:popcorn:

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
The only realistic thing a lotro goon can do to see raid (hell probably even group) content on a regular basis is to join a different kin.

Sorry, but it's the truth. Hobo is right. Game is old. We love it, but it's mostly a solo affair for our kin.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
There is (was?) a group that runs RTs on our new server every weekend midday. I joined them once - it was a clusterfuck, but fun :)

And drat, this drama is the most active the thread has been in 2 years!

extra stout posted:

Oxphocker/Hoboknife please do not thread poo poo or make it about you again, this is the like 3rd time you've ever been involved in the game you're the leader of and all 3 times were to post literal pages of poo poo all about you, and defending your internet honor. People just want to play a game with a leader who runs the end game content with you and knows enough about the new end game to help out the kin, invite people, promote the most active people to officer. As a dude with poor mental health: You make me look relaxed.

The level 105 content is going to be really good and I'm glad you won't be on to loot other people's rares because "your music was up loud" and then kick people for the kin for mildly making fun of you for that answer.

Man, at this point, you bitching about Hobo is more annoying than Hobo ever was. He's not thread making GBS threads, he's trying to explain to you why "WE NEED A NEW KIN LEADER" is pointless unless someone steps up to do the actual work (that he's done before). Nevermind the fact that kin leader or not doesn't loving stop anyone who wants to from organizing poo poo.

extra stout posted:

*obsessively monitors online time of kin mates rather than playing the game, and forgets the entire concept of alts when posting angrily about fake data*

Just clarifying...it takes 5 seconds to look at that in the kin list, it's hardly obsessively monitoring anything, and as long as your Alts are tagged, they'd show in the list just fine. Unless everyone is on untagged alts, everything he said holds true.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

revenance posted:

Was just about to ask about how this game is doing then I read the posts from the past few pages. Jesus.

Our guild is dead, but the past year or two of content releases (usually one in the spring, one in the fall, they stopped doing typical expansions) have been very solid. At some point in the game's life they quit making actual group and raid content, but we got some more instances for Osgiliath, and the next content update is supposed to even have a raid again.

I find the end game not to be very fun (grindy even by MMO standards), but the overland questing content is always very fun, the landscape and world building continues to be excellent, and the quest text is almost always worth reading.

There's tons to do both solo and groups of all sizes. The new server has lots of PUGs doing things (Roving Threats, instances, Big Battles, whatever dumb thing for marks/meds farming, etc), and there are some active hardcore raid guilds and what-not on the server too, I'm sure, if you're into that.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

I used to think Hobo way overreacted and took things too personally too, but after like the umpteenth time I witnessed it myself, I'm more understanding of his perspective. I think it's a real sore spot with him at this point, and as more of us keep seeing it brought up, becoming one for us too - hence the first couple of replies from other kinmates which were basically "Here goes this shitfest again".

Hell, the start of this thread was even another "we need a new leader" thing, that went absolutely nowhere, because there's nowhere near enough goon interest in this game, nor someone who wants to step up. You can go read it yourself to see how it went.

Seriously, options are:
-Start doing it yourself (not you directly, just to someone who would complain), or shut up
-Go to a more active Kin that fits what you're looking for
-Accept that it is what it is and enjoy collecting some bear asses in silence

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
I've never, ever, been able to stand alts in MMOs. There's been a few times where I started a new character because I abandoned my old one, but my old one was never max level.

I generally get one guy and do all the things on that guy.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
I assume Hunters aren't the strongest, but at the same time, I've never had many troubles killing normal elites, and it's really easy to travel to the world.

I can't like, run into a group of 5 mobs and aggro them all though. If a pull has an elite and some buddies, then I usually bust out some traps and a few CC shots.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

Zephro posted:

I'll be playing from the UK - is it worth joining Landroval for the goon presence at this point? Or will the lag make it annoying?

I cannot in good conscience recommend anyone make a server or guild choice based on goon presence in this game. If we were going to have a renaissance of people in this game, it would have been when we had the server merge.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
Yeah, I still think Landy is a good server. There's plenty of active guilds, and I'm sure at least 1 or 2 that actively work on progression. Usually a decent amount of pugging for a few things too.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?603773-Turbine-Point-cost-of-U18&p=7562160#post7562160

quote:

There have been some questions around the pricing of the new region pack: “Region Pack: Far Anórien”.

We took into consideration of current pricing, historical pricing, free points, and what the goals were for this particular set of content.
*Quest packs: typically 595 – 795tp. Current pricing since Great River has been 1x Quest Pack = 795tp (some of these, have in fact, included instances)
*Instance Clusters: 1495tp (Rohan and Isengard)
*Raids: As we’ve only sold one individually at 1295tp, we took this into consideration as well.

The plan:
For u18, the Region Pack will give you access to all new quest content (70+ quests), deeds,
the instance cluster (3 instances), and also give you access to the raid (more information TBD)
when that arrives with u18.2.

1495+795 = 2290 tp
Current price: 1995tp

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
Dadi's LOTRO guides is a new site, hopefully he keeps active.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
https://www.lotro.com/en/game/articles/combat-changes

TLDR version quoted:

quote:

so I'll bottom-line it for those of you who are less interested in the nitty-gritty details.

1. We've made some long-overdue adjustments to the way avoidances work in LOTRO. In general, you will get a lot more partial blocks, parries, and evades, and about half as many full blocks, parries, and evades.

2. Partial blocks, parries, and evades will mitigate much more damage.

3. On average, most players will take roughly the same amount of damage, despite this change.

4. In instances, it will be much more important to skillfully position yourself behind your enemies: enemies with high block, parry, and evade ratings will generally take fewer crits unless you're attacking from behind.

5. Most players will receive a small buff to damage from Mastery, and Mastery has a much higher cap at level 100 and higher.

6. Medium Armour wearers will be able to cap their mitigations for less rating than heavy armour wearers.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

extra stout posted:

Also the new traits are much easier to get than the last three everyone complained about, you just...level up. 101, 103, and 105 award trait points.

On that note - if the next Saturday shindig, if it happens, people wanted to do Old Anorien warbands, that'd be great. They give 1 trait point, and they feed into a meta that if you've done all the quests in Old Anorien, will give you another. So it's basically 2 trait points.

I'm still on EQ2 right now, not sure when I'm going to play the new content (probably in a couple of months), but I'd definitely log in to wrap up those 2 trait points in one go.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
Yep

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

revenance posted:

If I wanted every expansion I would get the quad pack + Helm's Deep then?

I don't know off the top of my head what's in the quad pack, but here's the list:

https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/LOTRO_Store#Quests_.26_Content

You'd still be missing various quest packs (but you'd get some - like the separate Moria quest pack if you bought the whole Moria expansion).

You wouldn't need them all, but you would want ones for post-HD content, the Gondors and Old Anorien (something to take you from 95-100 - if you do all of HD, you can probably get by with just 1 or 2 of them).

Also, for any wondering like me, no, the new quest pack is not on sale, hah. I didn't think they'd be dumb enough to put it on sale right after releasing it, but since I haven't bought it yet, I did at least double check yesterday.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
I just reinstalled this on my laptop after a format (got a work trip coming up, might wanna game a little), and I noticed a few things:

1. I had to launch the launcher as an Admin after a bit, or else it was asking for permission, I'd give it to it, it'd say something about DirectX, then it'd crash with no errors or messages. So if anyone else is installing and having issues, that might help.
2. I remember when I first installed the game, the initial download was small, and you could get into the game and start playing really quickly, while it downloaded poo poo in the background. Are those days gone? It installed a poo poo ton of poo poo (I have the best words), and took quite a while (I was just watching TV so I didn't care). Maybe when I log in I'll see it'll still downloading even more or something, but it's not the experience I remember when I fired this back up when The Hobbit came out.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

extra stout posted:

I've had some players and officers message me asking if we should just switch to a new kin, the idea would be to invite all goons who want to come to it, ally with my other kin and some friend's kins, and essentially just play the game with an active leader. Let me know which idea seems more reasonable to you.

Despite three people including you claiming the game is just too old and an active leader wouldn't help, it still seems like a good option to a few of us, and I definitely know enough good players on Landroval to network this thing into becoming a raiding and maybe part time PVP kin again. The new raid is almost here, we need someone to fill slots with 105 players and be online to help out, and keep a good attitude going with informed tips about new content.

What we've told you multiple times is that there isn't enough goon interest to fully staff a raiding guild.

I know that I at least said that multiple times, but at the same time said your other option is to find another guild. A goon only guild doesn't have it anymore for this game.

That said - if you've found a good home for goons that want to raid (or not), or if you want to start your own guild and invite goons and non-goons, go for it! No hard feelings, no reason to act like it's a drama bomb or something. If we all wanted to merge into another guild, I wouldn't mind that either. I just like some green chat when I pop in to do poo poo.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
LOTRO is generally a chill game with chill people who like to chill.

As I said earlier, if we want non-goons in, I'm all for it, if we want to merge into a different chill guild, I'm all for it.

I really just want chill people to green text chat with. Maybe do some grouping when I get back to LOTRO (although I'm back in EQ for now).

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

CobiWann posted:

How far could I solo in instance content at max level? Moria? I have no qualms skipping places like Annuminas or DG if I can come back to them later on. I'm more about getting to max level first and then going back and soaking everything in.

Depends on the instance. A lot (all?) of the newer stuff is scalable, and some of the older stuff is too, so you can scale a lot of stuff down to like 50 (or whatever the minimum is depending on the instance), and solo / duo it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

Oxphocker posted:

I always thought the ending of the movies was kinda anti-climatic...

You didn't enjoy the 5 fades to black?