Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine
I'm tied to my Captain after leveling to 140 with her, but I've never found it to be a very iconic class. You're sort of okay at everything and there's a dude hanging around you with a banner?

I'd love if they leaned into the pet thing a little more and let you summon a dozen dudes who fight with/for you and you buff them or something.

If they ever reimagined the game, bigger battles would be more interesting. Either I have to slowly go and grab 1-3 enemies who stand around waiting for me to pull them (captain), or I wade facefirst through an area and grab as many as I can and burn them down quickly (champ). Not super engaging after a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine

I get the feeling that they're trying to line up their F2P offering to be more in line with modern games. Cosmetics, the LI track, horses and classes/races, but not as much gameplay stuff.

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine
They need to give some info to players about the new systems, like the legendary track. I would never have known where to find it unless I read the specific blog post that talked about it.

The free unlocked virtue stuff is a good improvement, too. I'm assuming it's just because nobody was buying that stuff, but it's nice to have. Also free wallet and gold cap lifting.

Glass of Milk fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Feb 16, 2022

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine
Is the store messed up? I wanted that +78% riding thing for my account characters but I don't see stuff that I should see

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine

Quill posted:

Many of those store items come in little boxes, so check your bags. Also, if you made the purchase on a novice character, then you need to complete the starter area and move on before the trait shows up on the passive skills panel.

Sorry, what I meant was that I don't even see the items in the store to buy- the store is messed up

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine
The only time I had gear issues was rolling into Mordor. Ava I guess if you want to play endgame then you need to think about it.

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine
The level boosts are cool but I tend to think of them as giving up some valuable TP- especially early on you can get several hundred pretty easily. Glad they're being generous- I saw more people on today than I have in months

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine

Evil Fluffy posted:

I decided to make an alt account for the hell of it and I guess new accounts don't get the 105 and 120 item, just the level 50? That or the game's still buggy and having issues not giving out everything properly.

e: With how fast I filled a large carry-all for crafting, maybe I should get a crafting carry-all as the medium VIP item too...

Some of the stuff is per-account, some is per-character. That may be part of the confusion

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine
The Epic Battles are pretty bad, but worse is tying trait points to quest chains.

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine
I really really hate the rigamarole it is to get to Rivendell to get new LI stuff- I get that they're keeping it as a perk for subscribers, but it seems needlessly complex to get there otherwise. I know there's a scroll there, but the cap on ancient script makes every point more valuable than they need to be.

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine
Before the Shadow is now in the points store, if anyone is interested. I don't know much, but it sounds like the delvings are not quite there yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine
I wonder if the new expansion will let us sail around really laggy boats that turn strangely