Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?&postid=8077327#post8077327

"Update 30 is currently expected to be released next week, so there will not be another preview of Update 30 content. We have other previews planned for the relatively near future, though. "

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Pillow Armadillo posted:

Is there still a goon presence in this game?

Reinstalled and made a Beorning named Hoborg. Would love a kin invite if that's still a thing, if for no other reason than to ask questions as I quest my way into the Bree-lands. Cheers!

Not enough to do raids, but a few randoms a day log in to do festivals, level, or whatever it is they like. I'm always surprised how even between expansions,we have a few dozen people who never manage to log in during the same day of the week. Let me know when to find you and I or an officer will get you an invite and some starter things

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
2022 has become their standard answer for when they will fix every problem, which is predictable because it's a small team with a (hopefully major) expansion pack coming out in 1-4 months. Gundabad could be very fun, I'm mostly hoping for less missions or hugely better missions, and a lot of good quest and instance content that...isn't a mission. The price points are bad and they surely sold more copies at 40/60/$80 than they do at 40/80/130, but that doesn't mean they'll learn.

The store will also be improved and made more sane, I'm guessing and hoping it will include some early quest packs being combined, the prices reduced or just make them free. If you're going to keep the prices up on 6 year old expansion packs for most of the year, you should probably do everything you can to make sure new and returning players don't hit any walls before they have a reason to buy them.

Legendary Items are actually being worked on for the first time of all the promised years, the goal being to make the system more simple and less grindy. I would bet that would be a main project once they're done patching and polishing the brawler class they're currently rushing to be ready for Gundabad.

Also it's the Farmer's Faire event right now, one of the better festivals. If you don't want to get bogged down by meta-deeds and forced to do repeat quests 3 hours a night, just take the free map from the log in quest and alternate doing Shire games on your alts. The egg hunt and the mushroom hunt are both very easy and a lot of tokens if you do them during low population hours. Use delete/use spam to locate the objects and auto-run/use them. One hour cooldown on both.

extra stout fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Aug 15, 2021

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Lum_ posted:

New patch is up - if you pre-ordered Gundabad you can make a brawler now. Fear the mighty hobbit Punchin McFists, coming to punch orcs in the face near you.

Also, your legendaries are broken now. Here's a good quick guide on the new system.

https://easilyamused.notion.site/New-Legendary-Item-System-U30-3-e8f26cdd1d8e45efad82d75d39d40062

Thanks for posting updates in here, I've been away from the forums a good while this thread excluded, and I'm not thrilled about the brawler. I'll probably buy Gundabad this week, but agree with what you've posted. We should be glad it's a weak gimmick class and not a champion-killer at least.

After learning everything there was to know about the LI system, having LIs so old they had natural 7? 8? legacy counts on them on ID, having...5? perfect first age 100s....this new system is trash. Most the employees don't understand it. The UI is ugly. A button for real money on every inch up and down.

Really hoping they can delay Gundabad to the end of their range they gave and put a real fitting UI for this new system. And put up a real, coherent guide before the full release day.

On a positive note: Gundabad is a cool looking region and there will be new content in the game!

Pillow Armadillo posted:

Bertbert, my new Lore Master, could use an invite to Nazgun if possible.

Sure thing, if I don't see you on just let me know a time/time zone to catch you online

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
Gundabad is here tomorrow, no instances ready at launch and a very confusing LI rehaul. Wish I heard of it or posted sooner but I've been away: People are saying the level 131 'traceries' at the mote vendors (Boar fountain in Bree, left of Gloin at the Three Peaks mission center etc.) are going to go up in ember costs by 10-12x tomorrow once the servers go down for the update.

Embers will remain, though I wonder which items they'll have real upgrades for just from a rep gated NPC in Gundabad. Something though. So ember any gear you don't absolutely need to level to 140 tonight or early tomorrow morning, and maybe buy the 131 purple and yellow traceries with them if you read this in the next few hours. If not, hoarding embers is usually a good strat.

Also I haven't been on enough to do invites, added a couple of you to friends. Post here or message Grodhir in game if you still need a kin invite

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Ort posted:

Are burglars bad for soloing even if you go blue line, re: the comments on the last page? I really want to get into this game because it seems like there’s a lot to do and a chillin world, but I can never find a class that truly resonates with me. I like spears and don’t mind complicated rotations (eg gw2 weaver) if the payoff is there, I also typically like melees that use magic but that does not seem to be a thing in this game. I do not like pets or shapeshifting. Warden is one potential class I might like but I don’t have it unlocked.

The idea of putting up debuffs/dots with a burglar and popping them for damage or heals or whatever seems really cool. Blue line drew me in, but it seems like it is poo poo for group content. I mostly solo so no big deal there. I also like the skill proc combos, I liked that about guardian as well.

The guy on this page who posted his goldilocks class requirements are actually similar to my preferences, randomly.

Any thoughts people can share on this quandary I’m having?

This is very specific and I would agree with whoever said warden but the servers are lagging to the point where I'd say the class is almost non-viable, if you don't like pets you ruled out maybe the most difficult and obscure class to master for end game (loremaster) and if you don't like shapeshifting you just ruled out the easiest and most fun class that can switch from healing an entire raid to tanking or DPSing it with a few button presses and gear swaps.

Burglars do a couple of debuffs, the idea was mostly abandoned when the devs got more stupid and just doubled their damage to make them more similar to a champion. Fellowship maneuvers are not re-worked and raid leaders will tell you to do avoid doing them for maybe 6 or 7+? years now.

In summary: A beorning is a lower DPS champion who can turn into a bear and heal himself and his party forever, and you should play them even if you hate it

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Lum_ posted:

Do an in-game search for "Nazgun", if someone is on send them a tell.

I don't have any characters with invite privileges, so if some officer wants to log in and promote one of my dudes, I'm on most nights and can do the needful. I'll yelp on discord next time I'm on.

Sure thing, I took a break and am mostly waiting for the anniversary right now but post (or DM me) any chars of yours you need promoted

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
If you're off or work from home, it's the twitch day with a couple devs and GMs typically going onto every server one at a time and spamming giant monsters in Bree, dropping items people will spam click to pick up (usually bound unique or rare pets, some titles, maybe a mount)

https://forums.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?&postid=8135255#post8135255

https://twitch.tv/lotrostream

One problem is they haven't done a scheduled time per server in years, so some servers could be completely rushed, like 15 minutes even out of the whole day and unplanned in order. You can also just skip it or tune in when you're bored, they gave away so much content/rewards this year I'm mostly hoping to hear some nostalgic dev talk if I watch a bit.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Robo Reagan posted:

What's a good jack of all trades class? Consensus seems to be minstrel or champion? I prefer healing in groups over dps or tanking and the instrument seems cool, but am I going to have any soloing problems since minstrel seems a bit more group focused than champ?

The beorning is the most versatile class in the game at any level. If you don't enjoy shapeshifting or some of the delayed attacks, channeled maul etc. I'd say hunter, champion or minstrel are all viable and fun depending on exceptions.

The only classes I'd avoid anyone maining or starting with are brawler and warden. Brawler still doesn't have a strong defined role, and at best is a knock off champion gimmick. Warden is not only nerfed since it's glory days but the server lag comes often enough to mess with your warden play style.

More of a personal problem but I hate RK inductions and can't find any build on one that I wouldn't rather just be a hunter.

Every class is viable for having fun, and ignore this post if you already play a class you like or don't care about making it to level 140 raids or two shotting most landscape mobs.

edit

Made some small updates to the OP (resizing huge images for phone users, deleting invalid and outdated information). I'll update the officer list with whoever is logging in again most often this week. After that, if anyone has some votes for favorite YouTubers I'll throw their links in. Something for the new LI system, probably Andang if he's not there yet, and maybe one PVP highlight channel for bored curious people, as I imagine almost none of us PVP anymore since PVE has gotten all dev time for years now.

extra stout fucked around with this message at 13:04 on Jun 13, 2022

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Cutedge posted:

New expansion is up for preorder: https://www.lotro.com/expansions

$20 / $60 / $100

edit: SSG managed to break a bunch of Tokens and Tomes which are now stating "this skill can not be used". No SSG emote so I guess :soe:

Looking like some very interesting and good content for $20, disappointed that the $60 tier is now officially "do not buy this, don't you have $100 for 20 times more convenience and cosmetic perks?".

I would buy the $60 or even the $100 edition if they had gone back to epic battles and more instances and deleted missions from the game entirely. Or cut the number in half, double the quality, and hugely reduce the repetitive grind "wrapper quest" requirements.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
been busy and gaming less for a few years, but hello. how is the game? it seems like people play it solo more and more as the norm, i maxed out the kinhall fees again but will need to come back eventually to stock up gold