Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Cyrano4747 posted:

Are they still actively making expansions for this or is the fan more or less in stasis?

Minas Tirith and Pelennor combined will probably be at least as big as a major expansion, but they're being released likely with a few months between them, and I imagine free to VIPs but 1000 TP or so for premium players? Just guessing. Maybe it came with Eastern Gondor for all I know, but that seems unlikely.

I'm really into the stuff coming out in that leak, though I do miss buying the boxed games in stores.

Cool to see they're still bringing all the housing stuff they teased us about early this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Defiance Industries posted:

If there's going to be a goon group on Landroval now I might actually play this again. I bought this when it first came out but quit after the guild I was in back in the day broke up. Keep trying to come back but there's way too much stuff to sort through coming in blind. Thanks for the OP, it's helping me figure out poo poo in the game now (as opposed to seven years ago)

It's more of a goon group mostly still on Silverlode who have alts and take peaks at Landroval. I had a 50 something runekeeper on Riddermark and just transferred it to Landroval. Process took about 40 minutes, everything went smoothly, mail to other characters all works as though nothing happened. Brought over 250 mithril coins I won in a lottery or something, or maybe something I owned was converted to mithril coins when they added them five or so years ago? Not sure, all I know is a free transfer just got me like 20 bucks worth of mithril coins on Landroval, and I really am impressed with the system used for character transfers.

The only downside to it being so well done is that two servers of people went to Landroval very quickly today. It's up to you if you want to start there or start on Silverlode,

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Not starting, getting back in. My Captain has been on Landroval since really early on so I'm not going anywhere.

I'm bad at reading words sorry, we'll probably have 20 or so level 100s coming to Landroval once our server gets it's turn so I'd make some friends on Landroval or even just solo up to as close as 100 as you can before we get there if you feel like running goon groups.

Honestly Landroval is so friendly you'll probably end up with any many new friends as you do people from Nazgun.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
That all owns. Bludborn has some videos of Minas Tirith on YouTube but I'm trying really hard not to spoil it for myself and only watched a minute. Looks like Beorning DPS will be catching up to Beorning heals a bit. All the new gear having +1000 and whatever morale should finally cut the ridiculous monopoly on morale essence down, and the price down by at least half I'd imagine.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Stanley Pain posted:

So I have 30k turbine points from being a turd awesome lifetime sub.

drat, unless you're going to sell your account or something you really should probably start spending those on cool rear end stuff. I'd max out my storage in every way possible, deck out in cosmetics, get some horses, and still have enough left for all of the remaining expansions and then some if I were you.

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I know right? I'm going to read Children of Hurin as my next book.

It's got to be the most underrated book of his, it's the exact opposite of The Silmarillion which is the one all his fans mention but never actually finished reading because it's not linear, not exciting sometimes for 30 pages, etc. Only downside to it I can even think of is that by closely following a small amount of characters and being really mature for his work, it'll never get a video game or a movie. Maybe a movie if Hollywood has a 20 year slump and they need some Tolkien magic.

Cyrano4747 posted:

Is there any reason to keep old legendaries around? I upgraded my sword and I'm thinking it's probably best just to scrap it.

They're just there to teach you about the system and help you level up really, don't worry about much of the details until you get a 100 first age. Don't use your best relics or spend much on relics until 100. At 100 it'll be the first time you really should get your first ages made before you decon your old ones, only because you'll want to max out the level on them, see which legacies you're missing that you really want/need, then decon the old one and pick one of those to save to put on your new one.

extra stout fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Oct 7, 2015

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Oxphocker posted:

Or save your points to make a tricked out lvl 100 1st age with max tiers before imbuing. The tier scrolls are pretty expensive.

That is an option, I didn't spend a single turbine point to perfect my first age because I am a real cheap gently caress, but it seems like most people do throw some bucks into their swords. It's not that bad if you find the gold making techniques and make friends and do some swaps, definitely not as insane as buying an expansion pack from doing deeds or anything close to it.

Evil Fluffy posted:

Can't you buy the scrolls with skirmish marks anymore?

You can, barter is in an armory building right near the entrance to Dol Amroth. I did a combo of that from Glinghant runs and buying them on the AH for the 50-60 range, never higher.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

alucinor posted:

Yes, they gave everyone an additional (3?) character slots, for a total of 8.

I'm not sure what to do if you have more than that.

I think it was two, which still owns because I think that's like giving everyone who plays a free to play game 10 bucks worth of stuff.

As far as servers go, I hate to join in on the scare off new players with confusing concerns thing again but the transfers will keep going without much delay based on Frelorn's words, the hardware will come once the server code runs smoothly on it without complaints or hiccups. Long story short: Moving to Brandywine could involve waiting until Christmas, if Landroval blew up (RIP) then it would make the most sense to just go to Arkenstone or Gladden, all the remaining servers will have 3-5 times the players of Silverlode and be lots of fun. Brandywine will (even on brand new hardware) still be a whole lot of 15 year olds pvping on orcs going "i fukn ownt u fageT".

Also if any of you like watching stuff on twitch check out twitch.tv/bludborn, he's a cool dude with a level 100 of every class and Frelorn (community manager of the game) goes on there and drinks beers with him, leaks small amount of news about the game, and gives away 1000 turbine point codes several times a week. Just gotta follow him, wait for a giveaway, and type a keyword like !keyword or whatever he says to be entered each time.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Dick Trauma posted:

Goddamn it hobbits leave my goddamn pies alone jesus christ.

Pies are their birth right.

Also my new favorite quote from the rangers of Ithilien in Eastern Gondor is "Seeing that pile of troll teeth raises my spirits."

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
This is one of the less important sales I've posted here but all cosmetics are 30% off for the weekend meaning probably until 3 AM eastern if anyone cares, if you're a dwarf Hauberk of the Mirrormere is really amazing looking. Other options are bare chested dwarf, and that one bloody bear head I don't remember the name of.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

ruffz posted:

Are there any decent new cosmetic items with the Fall Festival? That's the only reason I ever do festivals anymore, they're basically the same every year now.

I checked for you and forgot to post so now I don't remember the name used, but there is a new shield you wear on your back (cosmetic), new war pony style, new regular mount, and I think a new cloak, all of (probably) the same theme, which is a red and white tree. I'll get the pony in a couple of days and post if it sucks or owns.

Also if anyone genuinely likes helping out Turbine do some hardware tests on the new servers, or if you don't care about Turbine at all but have a lot of hard drive space and badly need 100+ turbine points, check this out.

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?580306-Help-us-test-the-new-Datacenter-this-Saturday-October-24th-5-7PM-Eastern-and-win-prizes

BobbyBaudoin posted:

Hey I actually have a bunch of TP sitting there so I'm defo gonna check that out.

I think that particular sale ended before you posted but I still want to say Undertale is a real cool game, nice avatar/link combo.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
Summary of the Update 17 preview livestream thing they just did:

-It will be ready within a few weeks...what? I thought they were shooting for January now, things are on track if not very early.

-Two new epic battles in Minas Tirith, one is essentially the enemy approaching the city and your defense, the other they did not show video of it it sounds like it'll be Grond breaking through the gates and poo poo hitting the fan. There will be a duo, triple, and six man version but I forgot which is which. Lots of voice acting done for this including the return of the Gandalf voice guy.

-New crafting you already have heard about which will fortunately not include an update to the guild part as I'm still not maxed out with them. Post about this will probably be on lotro.com Monday.

-The new battles will also yield more merit, and costs have been changed since beta making the people freaking out on the forums hopefully calm down now.

-Harvesting while mounted, new updates to cosmetic weapons such as one handed hammers and swords all being interchangeable and working fine with the animations, a fix to a bug that was crashing instances rarely, other stuff I can't remember.

edit

If anyone wants more details without watching a long twitch stream upload with a scratchy microphone I'll also mention they actually like the idea of war-pigs and are either jokingly or maybe actually considering them, they hinted that we will not be going to Mordor yet and there is more Gondor content to be seen in 2016, PVP balancing and improvements are still thought about but not actively worked on it sounds like. I would expect any plans for PVMP or housing updates to become on their plate once Update 17 is not only out but polished up and bug fixed.

extra stout fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Oct 22, 2015

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

ruffz posted:

Update 17 is now live. What is this crazy bizarro world we're living in where Turbine releases something ahead of schedule?

I'm real confused by this but it looks like a really nice update. So they said Fall, then pushed it to Decemberish, then a week ago said it'd be a few weeks and they must've just been loving with us because I'm downloading it now and reading the patch notes.

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?580912-Update-17-Release-Notes

Some highlights:

New region is Old Anorien containing Minas Tirith, Anorien means "Sun-land" if I remember, and I think it's considered to be Northern Gondor in the books, haven't checked in game yet.

Two New Epic Battles
-The Defence of Minas Tirith (solo/duo and three player)
-The Hammer of the Underworld (solo/duo and six player), fight to hold the city gates against the great siege ram Grond—and the Witch-king of Angmar himself!
Victory boxes for these battles contain roughly 50% more Supreme essences than prior Epic Battles and,
for the main quests, grant three times as many Stars of Merit. With this update, Epic Battle Promotions have been raised from 236 to 256.

Epic Volume IV, Book 4: Siege of the White City

All 6-man and 12-man Roving Threats now have a chance to drop Morgul Crests. This will probably be a hugely missed opportunity by some, and a really good reason to make friends. Takes much less effort, talent, time than learning all the tricks in Ruined City or Dome of The Stars. As far as the drop rate goes we'll see, there's already good reason to kill a few RTs a week so even if it's only one person looting one an hour I'd do it.

Anfalas Scrolls of Empowerment and Star-lit Crystals have been added to the Merit Commitee barter NPCs for 250 and 500 Stars of Merit, respectively. Also pretty big deal, those scrolls were 60 gold and those crystals were often 250 to 300 gold, you can probably do the math and see which one is the good deal.

Crafting Stuff, pasted half of it for crafting nerds
Crafters now have access to a tenth crafting tier: the Anórien crafting tier. Crafters of this tier can use Poplar, Anórien Skarn, Zircon, and Tattered Anórien Parchments to craft items for level 100 characters.
All crafting nodes can now be harvested while mounted.
All crafting materials stack to 500.
There is no longer a distinction between Vegetable, Grain, and Pipe-weed Farmlands. There is now only one kind of Farmland.
East Gondor craft nodes have been replaced with the tier 10 craft nodes also found in Old Anórien.

Imbued Legendary Items
DPS / Main Item Legacies have been granted 4 more available tiers and can unlock an additional 4.
Imbued stat Legacies have been granted 6 more available tiers and can unlock an additional 3.
All other imbued legacies have been granted 3 more available tiers and can unlock an additional 6.
Imbued Burglar Tools and Champion Runes have significantly more Incoming Healing Rating.

Ok if you want anymore than that or to see the minor class balances just go click the link. Also I know this new content is free to VIPs, I don't remember how long they typically wait to sell it for points but I'll post once I get any news on that. Going to ask the Arkenstone folks if they can ask Frelorn.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Glass of Milk posted:

Man, they've got to be joking with those faction armor pieces in Minas Tirith. 3 essence slots and they look like crap.

Aside from small stat bonuses and saving gold on essence it's probably a set for casuals and alts, if you wanna go hard just think of Update 17 as a new place with a new story and new battles to continue to grind out Faramir's set, but now at a faster speed and more fun, players returning, etc.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
They did one patch to reduce crashes, expect another but it might be slow because they're gearing up to transfer to the new hardware soon.

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showth...-and-win-prizes

If anyone feels like it, 100 turbine points for logging in and then some sort of lottery for 1,000, 10,000, or a lifetime account.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Pity I'll be working. Yet, I finally have enough TP for the new region. I'm kinda into playing my alts and getting TP though. Is it worth waiting for a sale or after the server to be able to do the quests with people or should I just jump into it?

Forgive me because I'm bad at remembering which poster is which player, but are you 100 and all done with the Eastern Gondor up til Minas Tirith? If so I'd definitely jump on it while it's new, I doubt it'll be on any sale at all for a couple months and even then only a minor ones. New stuff doesn't get in on the half off or 25% off stuff for a year or so if I recall.

I'm really enjoying update 17, I thought it would be for the epic battles but honestly they are fun but repetitive already. It's the epic quest and the general quests in Minas Tirith that are really making it fun to play again. It's a good time to be a jewelcrafter or a tailor about now, and as always unless you PVP you really only need the new gear if you like having shiny rear end cool looking new gear. I can already solo the new battles and hit gold rating without the new cloak or jewelry, so Ruined City and Dome of The Stars are still the only real tough content.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

alucinor posted:

You must wait before logging in to this world...
Position 821

[Failed to queue for server]

:(

Edit: Their login server crashed. Restarted as advised, got right in.

Edit2: LMAO they let loose a balrog in Minas Tirith

Gonna need screenshots of that balrog please, my client is still downloading because I never plan ahead properly for anything

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

You know how when MMO's die the developers go crazy and do a lot of insanely fun things?

They're practicing... :tinfoil:

Right before poo poo posters die they post negative stuff about test servers as though they were the real server. Nice screenshots Alucinor, thanks for sharing. I've got it all installed now so if they do another test next weekend I'll be there.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
I hate transfer talk but this is relevant and new today so here's words, nothing too new beyond Brandywine opening up for all closing servers (you won't catch me going there), the obvious of transfers being behind so they delayed actual server closings by a couple more months, and two more servers opening up for free transfers off them next week.

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?582819-New-Hardware-Update

I just finished the Minas Tirith epic quest and god drat did they do some cool stuff. If you enjoy lore and storytelling do it for itself, if you hate stories do it for the best cloak in the game, a star-lit crystal, and the 3 or so scrolls of empowerment you get along the way.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Fain80 posted:

Is this game still going strong?

The game is strong and the update 17 epic quest is amazing, 3/4 of the servers are going weak and boring as gently caress though hence the mergers. Not a cop out answer, it's genuinely a lively game on the five servers we're being merged into and a half dead game for LoTR lore fans on the other ones.

Most of the servers have now merged, I believe the next one to open up is Tuesday and our old server Silverlode is in line after that. Most recent estimate I heard on the forums was December 2nd.

I would say by the second or third week in December you'll see most people have picked their transfer server, some good sales will be up in game and hopefully the better ones on Steam, and then we chant for our new hardware/data-center that's being tested and prepared currently.

Also you should post here if you want to sell me some supreme essence of physical mastery without charging me 190g, and as always if anyone hits level 100 again let me know what essence or gear you're looking for and I'll mail some.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Same. I'm just catching up on deeds in the meantime and tooling about with a low level guardian.

I don't know if this is a bug or just an unwritten bonus but I just realized last night I definitely get double the turbine points from slayer deeds when using a slayer deed scroll that doubles how many kills count towards each deed.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Fain80 posted:

My characters were on Landroval but I stopped playing shortly after Mines of Moria. I'm not sure j have the strength to grind out all those levels for the new content!

Log in all of them, pick a favorite, level it up and post your name so we can help once we get there. I've got an alt there with some gold already too.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Yeah, you get the codes via Steam's CD key viewer and then you put them in under My Account on the Turbine site

If I remember you might have to enter big picture mode on Steam but yeah I have done this before and you can access the code, then you just put it into myaccount.turbine.com. I love Steam but I'd rather not depend on it for an MMO, or do away with the nostalgic and sometimes informative LoTRO launcher. Happy Thanksgiving nerds, I'll be on later if anyone wants to run Moria instances or big battles.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

DigitalMocking posted:

Its been a while.

drat, did you buy it at launch, play for half a year and never come back even for free to play? What level are you? Welcome back, feel free to post your char name or whatever server you're on for free stuff and help if you need any.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

ruffz posted:

So is our kin leader going to be ready to transfer the Nazgun in the morning? Sounds like we're free to go to Landroval since I haven't heard anything about it filling up.

If your join date in the kin matters to any of you then wait for the kin to go first, if not then go whenever and ask for a re-invite. Not sure if Denethor is going to be around soon or not. Make sure you click not just the characters you want but also the account shared stuff, it includes mithril coins and other expensive/valuable in game currencies.

edit

Also I just caught this, you wouldn't happen to be Ithorin, same name with one letter off, who I have marked as "gear crafter" on my friends list and hasn't been online since it was level 65, would you? I think the char was a captain.

SUPER EDIT

Just so everyone knows all of the 75% off expansion pack sales on Steam end in 9 1/2 hours from when I type this post, didn't check the official site to see if their sale is on the same time frame.

Also all mounts in the store seem to be half off today only.

extra stout fucked around with this message at 10:12 on Dec 1, 2015

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
Transfers are up.

And count me as another vote for not spending any gold or much time on legendaries til you get a 100 first age, just replace them every 10 levels and check out your options each time for legacies, determine which are abilities you use the most often. Consider all your legendaries before the 100 first age to just be educational tools on the system. Also if you keep that recycling snowball going you'll have a gently caress ton of big exp runes at 100.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
Took me about 45 minutes for mine to fully complete.

Also feel free to watch http://www.twitch.tv/bludborn the test server for 17.1 / the new hardware if you'd like. He's a sponsored streamer or whatever the word is, so you can win 15 bucks in points just by watching and typing in a keyword when it asks you to.

edit

News from the test server: I barely stayed on ten minutes so not much news, but someone (trolling or otherwise) said the ability to add a forge or work bench to your house was in.

Things I can actually confirm are in: Really good looking set of Ithilian cosmetics for the Yule fest will be coming, it's the crescent moon around a tree of Faramir's folk. Saw a back shield, a pony, a war-steed skin, and some kind of winter fur shawl thing.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
A hobbit one again or anything with/near a fishing spot would probably get my vote

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Don't the Dwarves have a cool lake island house? I've never been to dwarf housing so that could be fun. Elves are such tools.

God drat that sounds cool, wanted to log in and check where this is but I'm locked out while another 6 chars transfer.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
Transfer complete, took 34 minutes. Didn't get an initial email, same as last time, but you get a detailed email as soon as it finishes. If you use gmail it'll probably be in the 'promotional' tab. Time to make new Landy friends, see if I can find kins with a vent/team speak and get to know some allies better.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

drat Dirty Ape posted:

How much is a house? I transferred a bunch of guys to Landroval but I haven't even decided which class I want to play yet (probably warden or guardian).

1 gold for a small one, 7 gold for a large one or so, then a fraction of that per week for rent. Forget what it is, not much if you're a high level or even just log in daily to get your hobbit presents.

The reason everyone wants a deluxe (larger size) house is because it has more 'hooks' or slots to place your trophies from fishing, boss killing, crafting, festivals etc. So if you outgrow your small house you have to move as there is no way to upgrade the lot to a deluxe house, which is annoying.

In terms of actual practical uses, a small house is still a free teleport with storage and a mailbox, and will most likely still be able to fit a forge or workbench in it for crafting in the next patch, so the only deciding factor is....are you a huge loving nerd?

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Evil Fluffy posted:

Level 100 Elder King symbols are only 30-40 gold each on Landroval? :stare:

Gonna have to craft up a nice shiny 2h sword (or maybe a halberd, but probably a sword) for my Captain later tonight. Might craft several if the first one ends up with terrible built-in stats.

Yep, rather than keep selling them or waiting for more goons to hit 100 I used one of mine for a first age war-steed saddle thing, never cared about it much but I'm finally going into full max out everything mode.

Essence however are about the same prices, just don't trust the auction as much as Silverlode. What I mean is because of how often things get sold, you can buy something and it'll be half price in an hour, gone again, etc. For a whole day all the anfalas scrolls of empowerment were 90g each, log in and see four for 35 each, just have to check often.

I really cannot find a tome of might VIII or vitality VI though, if anyone has either I'll give you loads of gold for it. Also need I think agility III, fate II.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Haerc posted:

What are people's opinions on Captains? It's my highest character, but I really feel like it's very slow. I don't really group much, is there a decided "best" solo class?

If you have a lot of effort and time, warden is the most overpowered solo class. If you want to be a bear and press half as many buttons and be 90 percent as good as a warden, beorning is the best solo class.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Prism posted:

I heard that Beornings didn't put out anywhere near as much damage or tankiness at high levels as pretty much any other class, is that not true?

They're like 3/4 of champ dps in red line from what I can tell, tankiness though they do amazing at through the combination of broken amazing self heals and the +5 morale per vitality thing helps a good deal too. The yellow line hybrid is just an amazing boss solo build that also can in some scenarios be a better healer than a minstrel.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Lum_ posted:

Coming back from a few months of SWTOR and otherwise ignoring the game, and I still need to make up my mind between Champion and Beorning. How are Champions in the end game DPS-wise? Which is their best line to spec in levelling up these days?

Redline champ has been my only main for the duration of the game and while it's still good, it's very gear dependent, Slightly less in yellow line which is the current most effective spec for the class. The same is true for beornings oddly enough. Yellow beats the poo poo out of red. My guess is that because we have transitioned from raids to 1, 2, 3 and 6 man content there is often only one spot for a DPS class and you basically have to spent 12,000 gold on essence to be the absolute best DPS damage while still having enough morale to stay alive for the whole fight consistently.

So as the game becomes more focused on essence, the value of abilities/skills that protect or heal you has gone up tremendously. Again, less spots in end game content also means less healers, so that healer has to be really good and if they forget about you it's nice to be able to keep yourself alive. The age of YouTube stars playing beorning/warden is upon us!

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
I'm at a video game funeral right now on the new server and it feels very very strange, someone is playing some song that is not a funeral march, about 50 people are doing /cry /mourn emotes, uhhh

edit

Someone just asked if she died in game or in real life

edit

Green Day is now playing jesus christ please play Grieg when you one day hold my video game funeral

extra stout fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Dec 6, 2015

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
Finally the grind pays off, from a single Grond duo Nazgun and I ran tonight:

[Supreme Essence of Physical Mastery]
[Blemished Symbol of the Elder King]
[Tome of Vitality XIII]

Also tomorrow is either going to be 17.1 or parts of it being patched into the game, no confirmation of what made it or what's been altered since bullroarer til tomorrow morning:

On the test server, adding a crafting station to your home was 495 tp, a level 95 insta-boost was something like 5995 tp, a number of bugs have been fixed, I'll get a link and a summary of my favorite parts posted tomorrow.

Oh and a crafting guild added to Minas Tirith which is a pretty cool deal for anyone level 100 tired of going to Esteldin.

extra stout fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Dec 7, 2015

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Brave New World posted:

I'm glad that they're charging for this, because I think that it's a "feature" that does more harm than good. Turbine is in the process of consolidating servers due to population issues, the last thing this game needs are empty crafting halls, or anything else that might erroneously give the appearance of a low population.

Oh, and gratz on the:

I think it satisfied the home dwelling nerds but since we're finally getting out of Esteldin and into Minas Tirith with the crafting guild in the very same patch it really will still be more crowded than ever, pumped for this patch. Only thing I want that might still be another patch away is a price drop for star-lit crystals and anfalas scrolls.

Also the complaints about no end game that were somewhat justified are really going away, tonight I found two public groups running Dome of The Stars and both completed without a wipe. Tomorrow you will get 2 more Morgul crests per person for running that particular instance (the six man) so goons in Faramir's armor set can become a thing tomorrow.

I bought the house next to the kinhouse from a level 23 and just got it decorated, gave you guys permission if you need a Moria keg or any of the things you probably already have! And Hobo I mailed you some deco, will get some more out as I sort things.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

ruffz posted:

That's reasonable for people that want a crafting station in their house. I'm hoping that doesn't empty out main cities as much as I think it might. As far as the 95 boost goes, that's an absurd price. When there isn't a double bonus TP sale going, that's almost $100 worth of TP.

I'm glad it costs a load of money because it's basically a stupid tax, though I guess I feel bad for people who have 5 level 100s and just wanted a beorning to raid with, that seems reasonable. But anyone who is new to the game and says "Can I skip the time and story on this time invested story based game?" deserves the size of that stupid tax.

A lot of people on Landroval are buying them and trading them, which surprised me because the game isn't really raid-based anymore. I feel pretty confident with how good the teams been doing and how much money they should make this Christmas that this could lead to an early or mid 2016 raid, which they've hinted at but won't promise.

edit

I like to type loads of words about video games here are some more, does anyone know how it works with the crafting stations in kin houses? Does it work like a Moria keg or any other item where you could let not just the kin but anyone who visits use it? If so we should all buy one, fill up the yard and save the kin a collective 200 bucks or so. If it works this way we should co-ordinate it, I've got the house next door so I could do the workbench one after I buy some points.

extra stout fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Dec 7, 2015

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
That owns big time and I will get the farmland and workbench in my yard next door to you guys once I have some TP, so if anyone wants to get some other than he and I we should get a nice crafting town built pretty soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Conskill posted:

Is Minstrel still OP as hell? Would be a Hobbit, of course.

Still a great class, we're short on them too. This has been the policy since day one but basically play anything you think is fun (but at the same time we'll all start subtly trying to tell you fuckers to re-roll healers) as champ/hunter count reaches 58 players. I see we've got a good bunch of guardians and wardens leveling up at least.