Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AskYourself
May 23, 2005
Donut is for Homer as Asking yourself is to ...

Brave New World posted:

Jaia just invited my guardian Vhalgar into the kin when we ran Dark Delvings together. Been meaning to get around to joining for a while now. I'll be on a good deal getting this guy through literally every quest & deed in Moria.

Hey there that's me. Happy to have helped :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AskYourself
May 23, 2005

Pham Nuwen posted:

I just reinstalled the game after over 2 years, now I'm partying with hobbits

Edit: I've got a level 29 Lore-master, are they decent these days?

Yup, LM are very good at AOE DPS on the red line. With Crits and stuff my LM is a powerhouse.

They can also got yellow for group debuff for raids and harder stuff.

AskYourself
May 23, 2005

Trebuchet King posted:

Does LM still have to deal with an absurd number of skills/buttons?

They still have a lot of skills but it's nowhere near as chaotic as it was in the beginning.

You get more or less one row of direct damage skill and 3/4 row of debuff and crowd control plus a few heal and utilities.

I'll post a screen shot of my skill bar when I get back home.

AskYourself
May 23, 2005
Here we go :)

Red line, AoE dps

1: quick refresh AoE dmg
2,3,4 : quick refresh single target dmg
5,6,7,8,9,0,- : AoE dmg
= : stun/mez immunity
S+1.. S+6 : debuff
C+1, C+2 : stun
C+3, C+4 : mez
A+1, A+2 : pet attack / boost
Last four of S and C : healing and utility

This spec is for dps solo or in group.
Solo LM are very versatile with the AoE and single target mez, stun, debuff and dmg that you have to pretty much not pay attention to die.

Yellow & Blue group setup for debuff and side healing :

1,2,3,4,5,6 : Damage
8,9,0,-,= : healing
S+1 .. S+9 : debuff
C+1, C+2, C+3 : stun
C+4, C+5 : mez
S+0, S+-, S+=, C+0, C+-, C+= Utility

AskYourself
May 23, 2005
Seconding Evendim

AskYourself
May 23, 2005
Definitely do Central Gondor as it give 4 class trait points so there's' that.

Also of note to get more trait points :

Completing Volume IV, Book 2 (earning 1 point)
Completing Quest:Ashes and Stars, Chapter 4 in Eastern Gondor (earning 1 point)
Completing two quests of Volume IV, Book 4 (earning two points) :
Volume IV, Book 4, Chapter 10: The Defence of Minas Tirith (that's a big battle)
Volume IV, Book 4, Chapter 11: Hammer of the Underworld (big battle too)
Completing two meta deeds in Old Anórien (earning two points)
Quests of Old Anórien
Deeds of Old Anórien : this one is a bitch, getting some deed grinding tomes will help.

AskYourself
May 23, 2005
Expansion pack are 50% currently :)

http://store.turbine.com/store/turbine/en_US/list/categoryID.58733200/parentCategoryID.58516200

AskYourself
May 23, 2005
Each legacies can now be upgraded up to level 59 from level 41 I think. So that's 18 scrolls time 7 legacies = 126 per Legendary item.

Considering every character has at least 2 that's 252 Anfalas scroll of empowerment.

I'm not sure exactly how much crustal of rememberance but 5 more per LI sound realistics.

Good news is they are easy to farm just be running the feature instance, although that get repetitive after a while.

Also, Scrolls of empowerment can be traded for Marks and Medallion and sometime drop from the Pelenor instances bosses's chest.

Sure that's a lot of grind but hey my LM has some crazy AOE dps now ;)

AskYourself
May 23, 2005

sgbyou posted:

You do get +4 to all virtues if you do that, but you'll be way behind in deeds.

You'll be behind in class trait point too.

AskYourself
May 23, 2005

Bobfly posted:

I was considering picking the game back up after a long, long break. I have the moria expansion and about 5500 bux. Any advice on what to spend my monopoly money on? I was thinking quest packs, but I want to wait for a sale on those, they're expensive!

Barter wallet upgrade and Bag upgrade are always very useful.

As for expansion I'm not sure, but if you start back from scratch you still have a long time before you are out of Moria.

AskYourself
May 23, 2005
The best essences (slotted armour parts) in the game can only be created by max level crafter. You can purchase them from crafter or the AH tho.

AskYourself
May 23, 2005
Nazgun 105 LM
Maxed Master Scholar

Jaia 105 LM
Maxed Metalsmith

Daia 67 Runekeeper
Maxed Weaponsmith

Butan 35 Minstrel
Maxed Master Jeweller

AskYourself
May 23, 2005

Dick Trauma posted:

I resubbed for now to be active when the anniversary arrives. I have $1300 LOTRO bucks... somehow. I think the only expansion I have is Moria. Anything in particular I should buy, especially things that might benefit a non-sub?

I think Tony need a fan for the server ;)

AskYourself
May 23, 2005
You can also buy awesome lvl 65, 75, and 85 class specific armour set with them too.

AskYourself
May 23, 2005
There's no negative impact to that

AskYourself
May 23, 2005
Don't get Angmar if you want to min/max your :10bux:, get Forochel. Forochel can be started at around level 42-44 so you may have to grind a level or two after Evendim.

AskYourself
May 23, 2005
Lore master is very versatile. You can mix a pet line, a utility line (debuff, cc, healing) and a damage line (mostly aoe).

I leveled mine before the current trait system so it probably changed since then but what I remember is that the early levels are the hardest. You don't have the firepower yet and the utilities are not very useful yet. Once you hit around 30 or so the pet become a powerhouse the game switch to easy mode.

Later on, you can work your specs for max aoe ranged damage that is pretty good. Not as good as a red line rune keeper but still very respectable. Landing a critical Lightning storm that crit for a few hundred thousand morale (total) on a group of mobs is satisfying :) On the hardest end game raid you get a spot as support, which consists of stun immunity, many debuffs, power battery and a little healing.

The have lots of button tho, but eventually, you'll remember what they all do :

AskYourself
May 23, 2005
Yes only the bottom three bar get regular use and mostly only the bottom bar is used often when soloing.

AskYourself
May 23, 2005
Similar to the linked posted recently, these page have all the needed info in a condensed format, helped me out a bit.
https://departmentofstrategery.wordpress.com/2017/04/20/anniversary-scavenger-hunt-guide-year-one/
https://departmentofstrategery.wordpress.com/2017/04/20/anniversary-scavenger-hunt-guide-year-two/

AskYourself
May 23, 2005
Woot woot I got a spirit bear pet and some pirate eye patch out of the event.

Here are some screenshots :

AskYourself
May 23, 2005
too late to turn them off now ;)

AskYourself
May 23, 2005
At the very least you should buy all the expansions pack with your store points. Get the wallet upgrade too.

AskYourself
May 23, 2005
105 level quests should be doable at 100. The Wastes might be a little rough tho.

AskYourself
May 23, 2005

extra stout posted:

Remember you've got I believe 3? days left for regular anniversary events, quests, and bartering. After that it's just two months of the 10 years of lotro memory egg hunt quests, so if you have any spare anniversary tokens make sure to turn them into dragon kites to use or sell later.

I don't understand, the kite barterer will disapear ?

AskYourself
May 23, 2005

Stonewalljack posted:

I've only been playing for a couple of weeks; what is the value of the dragon kites?

I've seen selling offer for 100 gold in trade and world chat. Doesn't mean they sold at that price.

AskYourself
May 23, 2005
Yes, Roving threats (most often referred as RT in world chat) is a very good way to get a first age weapon.

AskYourself
May 23, 2005
As far as LI are concerned, upgrade your weapon LI every 5 level or so (for the dps) and for the offhand every 10 level or so. For the offhand there is no difference in the bonus you get when upgrading level for the percentile based bonus so if you get some really good combo you can keep it even more than 10 level. Also, third age will do fine.

Until level 100 that is, then it's a whole new world with imbument, good thing is when you get a level 100 LI, you can keep it forever, no need to upgrade them.

AskYourself
May 23, 2005
Yes the tanking class have dps specs but it's no where close to the dps you get from non-tanking classes.
I leveled a Lore Master and a Guardian to 105 and the guardian was much slower than then Lore master but It's still ok in term of progression.

AskYourself
May 23, 2005

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

How do I stop my camera from auto-following?
press X

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

how do I put all my bags in one window?
Click the setting icon on one of the bag and drag and drop the rows into one bag

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

And why does it look like there has been no graphics update since I quit in 2017?
say what now ?

AskYourself
May 23, 2005
I'll buy the standard expansion I think

AskYourself
May 23, 2005

Prism posted:

My question is, how the hell do I buy it?

The store here doesn't display correctly. I can add it to the cart even if it displays funny but I can't check out, and the in-game store doesn't offer Mordor.

I worked for me. I use chrome with adblocker and ghostery.

AskYourself
May 23, 2005
If you haven't touched your lifetime account in years you will probably be able to buy every expansion with points, except for Mordor until later this year.

AskYourself
May 23, 2005
You are wrong : 1,000,000,000,000,000
That is a million billion. It's also a billion million

AskYourself
May 23, 2005
Starting fresh again on Anor as Rapido. Looking for an invite to the kin.

AskYourself
May 23, 2005
I don't think they put in skirmish at the stage unfortunately.

I've lvled a bear to 21 on Anor but I went back to my old thrusthworthy LM on Landroval, coulnt get on with the grind for a 5th time.

AskYourself
May 23, 2005
Same thing happened on my side too. Have to lower hraphics details to avoid crashing in Minas Tirith...

AskYourself
May 23, 2005
Also, don't bother too much about upgrading your legendary weapon before you are lvl 100 when you can finally keep your last one and level it up as you go.

AskYourself
May 23, 2005
Also, use your destiny point to buy the double exp thingie

AskYourself
May 23, 2005

extra stout posted:

The six man Minas Morgul instances will be in in a few hours, and if Nazgun reads this I hope he gets his rear end to 130 soon so we can kill stuff.

Yeah I'm reading you but I'm still waiting in march to buy the expansion with my lifer's points... Nazgun is 126 and Jaia (Guardian) is 120, so I'll probably have 2 characters at 130 in march :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AskYourself
May 23, 2005
I have 2 characters at 126 now, not worth leveling anymore before I can buy the expansion with tolkien points.
Any idea when in march Ill be able to do that ?