Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

Hey, what's the best line to spec for guardian leveling? Guardians apparently don't get their first self-heal until 30, so I've been running Yellow line (since it gives your attacks against marked targets a 10% chance to heal 5% of your Morale.) I'm wondering if going blue or red might be better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

Elves with beards. Make it happen, standing stone.

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

Ossipago posted:

Age of Conan is doing temporary progression servers with exclusive cosmetics for completing event achievements, where your toon transfers back to a normal server afterwards. One of the things about the legendary server that's off putting to me is that the toon would be segregated from the rest of my account which I've already invested a lot in. If at some point these could be consolidated that'd be an appealing way to make an alt, but yeah, I really don't feel like starting from complete scratch for the long haul. But if a lot of people do then good for the devs for recognizing it.

The FAQ says you can transfer your character off when the server catches up with the live servers.

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

jalapeno_dude posted:

LOTRO just had its 9th level cap increase, so depending on the pace of new updates and how they treat patches that added new zones but didn't increase level cap it's technically possible this could happen as early as late 2021!

This is pretty standard with progression servers? The only progression server I know of that ran faster than that was the aforementioned Age of Conan one - but keep in mind, Age of Conan had like, one expansion ever. Of course progressing through that would take less time.

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

Considering they are planning on doing 4 months per expac, I can't imagine they will lower it too much.

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

I subbed, going to try a burglar.

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

bagrada posted:

I wonder if they'd open a second server or if the plan is to power through assuming a large chunk of the people will get bored and wander off before too long.

Cordovan's in the discord and they absolutely were not expecting nearly this many people. They're going to be throwing up a second server soon.

quote:

We are aware that players are experiencing a significant queue to get into the Legendary server Anor. The server has been near or at its available concurrent capacity since launch, so people in queue may experience a longer wait until someone logs out. We are also aware that the queue numbering system is not displaying correctly, but the queuing is taking place as intended.

IN THE MEANTIME, we are working quickly to get a second Legendary server ready. Ithil is expected to be available for log-in tomorrow.

We know many players want to play with their friends, so we will for a limited time be offering FREE character transfers between Ithil and Anor. These character transfers are not yet available, but will be when Ithil opens. Note that other limitations such as wait time between transfers do apply, as do typical transfer naming rules.

We are thrilled and humbled by the overwhelming response today, and are continuing to work hard to maximize server availability.

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

Lum_ posted:

new server is definitely hard mode, well at least as much hard mode as lotro levelling is.

not only the 40% penalty (which is pretty hefty, even with the 25% xp stones most people have at this point) but just how with everyone at your level band, suddenly quests are actually difficult to complete. yes, people were camping dora brownlock's chickens in the shire. Welcome back to 2005 MMO gameplay!

Part of the difficulty in unintentional. Thy just had a patch trying to change the math to make updating stuff easier and broke a lot of low level mobs. Specifically, low level bleeding got boosted waaaaay up. They are supposed to drop a fox next week.

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

mitochondritom posted:

Same, I was immediately drawn to the Minstrel and my big agony was whether to go as a Hobbit or as a Dwarf. I went Hobbit in the end, for the quintessential Tolkien experience. It's been really chill so far exploring the shire and helping lazy hobbits bake pie crusts.

I'm surprised how well this game as held up and after trying Classic WoW and Return of Reckoning at the back half of 2019, I can tell that LOTRO will hold my interest a bit more, I think in part due to the much stronger narrative elements to it.

The game seems really quite dead though, I've not really come across anyone on the EU-RP server yet. Except a small band of very high level players who were doing some sort of RP tour of the Shire, which was quite fun to watch.

I ended up playing on EU-PVE (Evernight) and there are always people running around and jabbering during EU primetime hours, which is nice.

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

How are Yellow Wardens nowadays?

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

Oh Snapple! posted:

I had enough points that a small purchase let me get the 50 boost and jump back in at Moria with a hunter. 56 now, and man it's wild how well Moria holds up as an experience. Everything from the lead up to the zone itself just scratches the right itches.

My only complaint is how divorced the main quest feels from the general questing flow (IE, game essentially guiding me up through Silvertine Lodes only for the next main quest up in Durin's Way to...send me back to the Great Delving, which I'd completed several hours back. I have definitely learned to not use one of the xp boosters I got as part of the level skip when I think I'm going to be doing a book quest.

Bit of a bummer that instances probably aren't gonna happen either due to population but is what it is. I'm enjoying myself by and large :)

Whenever an MMO does an "underground zone" the aesthetics are always the same. Moria doesn't feel like five "underground zones" - each zone is radically different and has cool as hell aesthetics. They really knocked it out of the park.

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

Demon Of The Fall posted:

lol these character options are great, omg

Love that humans have the Beorning style stubble options now.

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

I started playing again and decided to pick up where I left off: the original epic quests. I check my completed quests and at the bottom of the list it says I finished Book 9.

I head to Evendim. Calenglad doesn't have a quest to offer me. Laerdan isn't there. Golodir doesn't have a quest to give me in Angmar.

I spend about three hours desperately looking for the missing quest. Put in a ticket, then go to the quest log to see what I have and see....

Vol 1., Book 1
Vol 1., Book 10
Vol 1., Book 11
Vol 1., Book 12
Vol 1., Book 2
Vol 1., Book 4
Vol 1., Book 5
Vol 1., Book 6
Vol 1., Book 7
Vol 1., Book 8
Vol 1., Book 9

Turns out I had already finished all the quests except book 3 - because Before the Shadows version of book 3 doesn't count for the achievement. I didn't notice because 10, 11, and 12 were listed between 1 and 2!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

unimportantguy posted:

lol the web site ui is a mess and I think I'm a moron. It wouldn't let me buy any expansions because it said my credit card was already on file and to click the "saved payment methods" tab that didn't seem to exist and in the process of trying to figure things out I think I accidentally queued my account for cancellation. I've got a ticket in with support. How responsive are they? I'm guessing not.

I got a response to my dumb ticket above the next morning