Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oxphocker
Aug 17, 2005

PLEASE DO NOT BACKSEAT MODERATE
To make a quick response (not that any of my responses are ever short), I cut the original OP down to just the basic information that needed to be kept because the complaint I was hearing was that the OP hasn't been updated, so I took out all the old info. I'll let the people who said they wanted to take up the job of creating a new OP do their part.

As for the role of a kin leader I think several goons touched on it exactly right, there isn't a lot to do much of the time. But it depends on the entire group adding to the whole as opposed to a single person being expected to do all of it. People complain about the OP not being updated...yet when I was sent messages about it I told people if they wanted to write stuff I could post it into the OP but I don't have time to write everything myself. Invites, same thing...I chose officers carefully for a long time because in the past we had problems with officers who should have never been trusted with that responsibility. Simply saying all lvl 100s should be officers is just as foolish. But I always checked each time I logged in to see who had logged in recently, typically it was the same 3-5 people usually with days apart in the log time. Dealing with drama is probably the single most important job of the kin leader to be the one person who says enough is enough when people get all internet drama-y and need to be told no. This was the major thing I brought through most of my leadership was dealing with those who wanted to stir drama. The last part of helping with the server migration, I would help if only I could log in...but even without that I've still been in contact with others and shared my opinion on the matter.

-Someone to keep the first post updated and relevant (server, officer list)
This one is pretty subjective, because it depends on what people consider to be updated and relevant. It could be an endless task trying to build the OP into something the size and scale of the goon EVE wiki or something similar. Major updates I could see something being put together, but honestly the OP isn't an encyclopedia...it's supposed to be there in case goons are interested in playing LOTRO and want to know about the goon presence there. Trying to make a big deal of that is a red herring in my opinion...something for people to complain about when they have nothing else to snipe at.

-Someone to invite people, or to give other people rights to invite people
Again subjective...every single person could be listed as an officer, but when something happens, the argument will shift to why do we have so many officers and why wasn't someone watching? I struck the best balance I thought was reasonable, giving officerships to those who I thought were trustworthy, showed that they would step up, and were generally helpful/thoughtful/responsible people. There are those who might disagree, but that's tough...so far I haven't had any major incidents with officers for a long time (since the Aeon split). I set Bombhand as the successor because of all the people who are still actively playing, he was one of the few that I felt comfortable handing the reins over because I knew he'd do exactly what he's been doing so far. If I'm not able to get back into the game that's who I'd vote for.

-Someone to kick out anyone who is creating drama (robbing the guild bank, to being sexist/racist, to nonstop memes or something), provided officers don't feel comfortable doing it - and hell, our pop is so low, I don't know that this is really an issue/concern
Yet it's probably the one single major point of a kin leader. Glossing over this point is being unrealistic as to the nature of how people act. When you've done this long enough, you'll realize that keeping an eye on things is probably the biggest thing. The rest (participation, mood, activities, etc) is something that the entire group has to contribute towards. A single person doesn't make up the entire kin.

-Someone to help with our upcoming transfer
This will be a fleeting issue and not really a variable in deciding a good kin leader. It will be who can press a few buttons at the right time without screwing it up.

Now I just submitted yet another ticket to turbine asking for assistance and I just spent the last hour dicking around with it trying to get it to work. If I do get it working again and I'm able to sign on, I could probably set aside 2-3 nights a week to be on, if people are actually wanting to do things. However, I've tried setting this up time and time again and just like herding cats you can make everything available and still people won't make even the smallest efforts on their end to bother is sending a message saying, "hey, a bunch of us are getting on at 6pm cst to go run turtle (or whatever) can you make it?" Chances are, most of the time I would probably be available...but I'm not going to sit online for hours at a time waiting for people to log in to do something. Sorry I don't have that kind of free time anymore. I'm 32. I have a house to take care of and a very demanding job (school admin/teacher) and I'm going back to grad school starting in the spring. If I'm going to be on, I need to know it's because people want to be on and actually run things that day. I'm more than willing to keep serving in the leader role if I can get back in the game but I'm letting everyone know up front that there's no one single person who is going to turn around the kin...it's a group effort and if the group doesn't want to put in the effort you can't expect the same from the leader.

That being said...it would probably be good to have actual vocal interaction amongst goons again...the vent server having long been dead. Lately I've been using a program called raidcall http://www.raidcall.com/index.html which is free and non server based. I made a channel for goons and I'll be in there for a while in case people want to talk more. The channel is called TheNazgun with ID number 11573734 so you can find it. Once you have it, raidcall will store it for future use.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxphocker
Aug 17, 2005

ruffz posted:

In pretty much every MMO I've played, the serious business goons always cause the drama. I took about a year off from the game after the last time I tried to raid with those people. Thankfully they left for terrible MMOs and never came back. There hasn't been any Nazgun drama since then that I'm aware of.

To give the backstory to those who weren't around back then. When Moria/Mirkwood was still all the rage and Enedwaith was a glimmer in the eye we actually had a lot of goons playing. Most nights we had probably +20 lvl 60s on, running all sorts of content especially in the mirkwood tower. There were goons who didn't think we were bleeding edge hardcore enough to master some of the content because we weren't raiding every night for three hours a night and basically wanted a two tier setup of those casual players and the raiders...those causals wouldn't be let into raids, get access to gear, etc. Basically I was against this because the Nazgun has always been about goons being on LOTRO, loving around, and generally having a good time while being fantasy internet nerds. Going hardcore raiding would have killed that and forced a lot of people out. Well, the voices grew loud an unending and despite saying no that it wasn't the goon way, they pushed for a leadership change which I reluctantly gave into (oddly enough it was the only other time I didn't have a reliable internet connection to be online) and they elected one of the officers to take over. Needless to say this didn't last very long and within about three months most of them split off to another game and I found myself right back in the seat. During that time, there were a few people who used their officer powers to kick people and generally cause problems so that had to be dealt with as well and so far in the history of the kin I think I've only had to ban maybe 3-4 people ever and mostly that was because of either inexcusable behavior or in the case of a certain individual being a conniving unscrupulous backstabbing snake that I'd never trust again ever and would not let him put the kin back into the situation we were at when the whole leadership thing began. Since then, it's been quiet. Do I wish we had more going on? Of course I do. The sheer amount of time I've put into this game and for this kin has been substantial. I care about the well being of the kin, just like I would my friends or my students.

Oxphocker
Aug 17, 2005

xZAOx posted:

Hobo - going back to my 1997 Packard Bell days, support would always tell me "Format your computer". Have you done that yet?

These days with cloud-all-the-things, it's a much less daunting task to get back up and running, but your poo poo is so out of whack is the best I can think of.

Oddly enough, it's a fresh install. I just got an SSD a few months back, did a complete reinstall of everything and it wasn't until then I started having problems. The install of lotro went just fine, no hiccups...it's not until I try to run it that there's issues and it's not like I even get an error message, I can clearly see in the screen preview that the program is running.

Oxphocker
Aug 17, 2005

Of the moria instances, running turtle is probably one of the more efficient...just need a lot of dps.

Oxphocker
Aug 17, 2005

Game is fixed. I was able to log in. Bomb gave me leader back since he was holding it for me...but we're still going to collect potential leaders as previously planned and see what people want to do. Now that I know people are going to be on more, I'll be logging in more frequently. Also, check out Raidcall...it's a free raid chat program so if we actually want to chat as a kin over voice that's an option. I already have a channel setup just search for TheNazgun. ID 11573734

Oxphocker
Aug 17, 2005

The old userpreferences file was saved in documents...so when I reinstalled it tried to use the old settings. Support told me to delete that file so it would propogate a new file and it worked.

Oxphocker
Aug 17, 2005

AskYourself posted:

ooohhh yeah that's right ! Hobo I'll craft you a level 100 1st age book man :)

I wouldn't turn down a book... I'm almost done with 98...

Oxphocker
Aug 17, 2005

CompeAnansi posted:

Can anyone weigh in on the pros/cons of the minstrel vs. rune keeper? Because the way that bombhand just described the minstrel sounds a lot like my experience with a rune keeper.

minstrels and rune keepers have similar functions but very different mechanics..

The rune keeper attunement requires a lot of planning ahead on how to use your abilities whereas the minstrel stances are a very different setup.

Oxphocker
Aug 17, 2005

If you have something specific you want run, you could always ask goons....or post it on the nazgun steam in order to let people know...

Oxphocker
Aug 17, 2005

Silverlode isn't up yet. Put it back in your pockets for now.

Oxphocker
Aug 17, 2005

extra stout posted:

drat, unless you're going to sell your account or something you really should probably start spending those on cool rear end stuff. I'd max out my storage in every way possible, deck out in cosmetics, get some horses, and still have enough left for all of the remaining expansions and then some if I were you.

Or save your points to make a tricked out lvl 100 1st age with max tiers before imbuing. The tier scrolls are pretty expensive.

Oxphocker
Aug 17, 2005

Evil Fluffy posted:

Landroval>Gladden>Brandywine would be the way to prioritize servers imo.

This is what was agreed upon like 5 pages ago...

Oxphocker
Aug 17, 2005

:siren: Transfer Update :siren:

Just to give people an update, I have been watching the transfer page about every three days. Today silverlode actually appears as a selectable server, but there are no options to transfer to yet except bullroarer. As soon as Landroval comes up, we can start the transfer or barring that as not an option Gladden as goons decided on many pages ago.

Oxphocker
Aug 17, 2005

100YrsofAttitude posted:

This may have been answered. But when you transfer is it your account or is it done on a character by character basis? Like do I need to individually transfer each of my alts?

It will let you choose who to move.

Oxphocker
Aug 17, 2005

ruffz posted:

So, with the news that Brandywine is opening back up sooner than expected, does that change anything for the Nazgun? I personally still want to go to Landroval.

No, not changing. This conversation never happened.

Oxphocker
Aug 17, 2005

ruffz posted:

So is our kin leader going to be ready to transfer the Nazgun in the morning? Sounds like we're free to go to Landroval since I haven't heard anything about it filling up.

Checked this morning...still not a move option. Will check this evening when I get home.

Oxphocker
Aug 17, 2005

Would help to know your steam name.....

Oxphocker
Aug 17, 2005

Transfer started....anyone have an estimate on how long it takes? It said I'd get an email when it's ready.... so far it's been 5 mins...

Oxphocker
Aug 17, 2005

Transfer complete....sign in for invites...I will be on for at least the next 15-20 mins...

Oxphocker
Aug 17, 2005

We need to choose a new kin house...elf, dwarf, man, or hobbit.... I will try to get one that's mostly empty so we can pack it with goons...

Oxphocker
Aug 17, 2005

Meclin posted:

So I put in to xfer my Silverlode characters right after the kinship transfer started. Now I get "queue errors" when I try to log into Landroval even though I already have characters there. Is that normal until the transfer process of my guys is complete?

I just wanted to log in the guys I already placed there for invites to the kin.

You'll probably be locked out until the transfer completes..

Oxphocker
Aug 17, 2005

Found a housing zone almost completely empty... Knotheim in the dwarf homesteads. We have the kin house in the middle...get in fast so we can fill up the zone.

Oxphocker
Aug 17, 2005

M_Sinistrari posted:

My transfer finished so I logged in to take a look and I've lost the dwarven house I had. Did anyone else lose what personal houses they had?

Everyone who transfers loses their house...but you get reimbursed the cost and your items go to the house escrow until you buy a house again..

Oxphocker
Aug 17, 2005

For those of you using discord and don't like in game audio:

https://discord.gg/0cPJr4ftHq75oQw2

my channel...it's got a 24hr invite, so after a day the code won't work, but as long as you register before that, you're in. I might refresh the code from time to time, but I don't want to leave a permanent code laying out.

Come hear nerds be nerds...there's a browser based app or an install app depending on if you just want to try it out.

Oxphocker
Aug 17, 2005

With lvl 100s, we can run some of the raids with less than full members if goons would like to try them out... I know between me and a tank, we could run almost everything up to and including moria (except for a few exceptions). So if new goons want to see some of the content, just give a shout... I don't mind running old instances for fun.

Oxphocker
Aug 17, 2005

While not there physically....I'm there in spirit. (from the very expensive spa hotel room I am treating myself to for the night...) It's great to see goons getting online again.

I'll be back home next week for the entire week, so I will have lots of time to play if anyone gets something going. Just message me on steam or set an announcement on the group (if you've got admin rights).

Oxphocker
Aug 17, 2005

AskYourself posted:

Hobo, it would be nice to have a couple more officer around, I believe I'm one of the only few that do login regularly and there are some people that want to set crafting station and decoration around the kinship house :)

Decorations have already been fixed so people should be able to do that now.

Oxphocker
Aug 17, 2005

extra stout posted:

I think only officers can do it, and a nice player who isn't an officer bought a forge we can all use but can't give it to Nazgun to place it as it's bound to account.

Well I just changed it last night after I got back from vacation...so if you haven't checked since 10pm last night.. I'd log in and confirm but the login isn't working right now...so I'm going to try later today to check.

Oxphocker
Aug 17, 2005

For me it was Moria. I don't think any other area in the game has quite the feel of Moria. And for some reason I always like Eregion...has that kinda stepping through history feel to it.

BTW if people ever need help running a lower level instance, I can certainly help out.

Oxphocker
Aug 17, 2005

Joke answer: Really I've just invented a new meta-game to LOTRO that I didn't let anyone else in on....it's counting the days until the next person starts complaining about how they can do things better.... ah yes...pleasuring myself to the whines and tears of the masses...oh god, oh god!

Instead I'll respond seriously:
If you think it's easy....just ask Bombhand what it's like leading the kin...herding cats is putting it mildly and you need only look at the last vote several pages ago to see that for all the complaining by a few who think the grass could be greener, when it actually comes down to it...those same people don't realize that the people who have been here long enough have seen this happen multiple times and already know where it's going. But I'll give you the benefit of the doubt this time and try a new tact in dealing with it:

:siren: I'll make Grimhesric a challenge!. :siren:
I'll add Dun as an officer as you suggest...and I'll give you two months to achieve exactly what you've posted:

quote:

...willing to organize events and keep our players more interested in the game...

I want to organize more content but we never seem to have enough people online to justify running it. We'd end up having to invite non-goons half the time anyway just to run 6 man instances.

This means you need to post frequently to the thread advertising events, putting up screenshots, organizing fun events like races... coordinating over the Steam group to let offline goons know when events are happening... messaging people on the Steam list who might be online but not in game to get those people into LOTRO to run events... to lead raids on a rotating schedule at least 3x a week...(btw, you'll have to get people to agree on times...heh) Making crafted items to prep people for raids and to run lower instances to get lower level members/alts the gear to run on level content.

If you are able to get a full 12 man raid (of kin members) consistently for three weeks (that means 9 raid days running at least one complete raid of Moria level or higher each time) and at least one 24 man raid of any kind (doesn't have to be all kin members) at any time in the second month of the time period I will happily turn over leader to whomever you choose, no questions asked.

Heck, if you message me (and I'm not at work) I'll even join in the events myself...which I've always been willing to do. I don't think there's anyone who can challenge that I'm not willing to help out goons whenever I'm on. I'm just not going to sit online for hours, if nothing is happening. Plus despite perceptions, I actually like to run content so it's not really a loss for me.

None of the things you want require being kin leader to accomplish. Kin leader only really allows choosing officers and a few petty things with the kinhouse...so nothing is stopping you from organizing events and proving me wrong. If you need access to the Steam group for some reason, let me know because I can make that happen if you don't have access already.

:siren: Here's the trade off if you don't make it happen...:siren:
1. You and only You will be paying the kinhouse maintenance fee for a long as you continue to play the game. Then Extra takes over for as long as he plays (assuming he helps you - see #4).
2. Every time I log in and you're on...over world chat I want to see: "Oh most glorious god-emperor Hoboknife, you have arrived to grace our presence, I am only a worm in comparison! Please let me lick the empty footsteps you leave behind! I never should have questioned your all-knowing wisdom...let it be known to all on this server that I'm a fool for questioning you!" (If I don't see it, you'll be immediately removed from the kin permanently and btw this will be the best part because I'll purposely sign on multiple times in a session just to see it over an over and let the rest of the kin have a good laugh about it)
3. This question never comes up from you again. Period. Nothing but undying loyalty to the end will I ever hear about it. You will be the example to all others who bring this up and if the next new player starts saying the same thing, you'll be the one explaining this on the thread instead of me.
4. Extra Stout can even help you...but if he does...the same conditions apply upon failing to meet the terms. =)

---Today is March 23rd. You have until Friday March 25th to respond yes or no. If no, it is never spoken of again. If yes, the clock starts that day and you have until May 28th---
Your call.

-BTW, Extra, the only reason I take it personally is that for years...I spent +30 hours a week online in LOTRO trying to get people to do exactly what you both complain about and the deafening wall of silence of goons not wanting to put in the slightest effort made me realize that the game is only what you yourself put into it. I love this kin, I truly do...and if people want to run content I'd be one of the first to gladly sign up...but goons will never be that organized and so to hear that the grass is greener if only someone new were running things tells me they don't have the slightly clue of how much time I've actually spent on people in this kin. Trying asking anyone who played for more than five years.

Oxphocker
Aug 17, 2005

BTW, I should make one clarification...don't try gaming the deal by thinking hurr hurr I'll just run Turtle 9 times... raids need to be something with multiple bosses and trash mobs to clear.

Oxphocker
Aug 17, 2005

Extra,

quote:

If you are able to get a full 12 man raid (of kin members) consistently for three weeks (that means 9 raid days running at least one complete raid of Moria level or higher each time) and at least one 24 man raid of any kind (doesn't have to be all kin members) at any time in the second month of the time period I will happily turn over leader to whomever you choose, no questions asked.

It's time to put up or shut up. The only requirement is what you see in the quote box, the rest is just a suggestion.

100Yrs is basically correct in what was posted. We've tried all these things in the past... setting up lists, posting event times, setting up audio chats, etc etc etc....been there, done all that... goons are not ones for organizing, haven't been for years. But like I said before, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and even be available as long as you post the event times online and I can make it. Unfortunately 100Yrs is right that priorities change as you get older and have less time available...doesn't mean I can't run content...just not going to sit online for hours with little to do when I got other stuff to do too. As you can see from the other responses so far, most of the other people get it...so if you're truly that unhappy no one is making you stay, you're more than welcome to seek another kin that meets your expectations.

Oxphocker
Aug 17, 2005

There's a lot of different things to reply to but frankly I'm not going to waste my vacation time replying to every single post.

Couple of things though: If you read closely in the challenge, the 24 man raid doesn't have to be all goons. The point is to show that you can actually organize events and bring the kind of activity that a select few keep bitching about. Doing 3 mans doesn't qualify because it's not generating kin level activity, you can easily post in LFG or something similar to get 3 man content. If you can't manage to get ONE 24 man raid in an entire month then you're just deluding yourself that getting kin leader is going to change anything. As Cao noted, this same exact poo poo happened a few years ago and as soon as a new game came out they all jumped ship leaving the kin at less than half it's activity. I haven't changed my view of running the kin since the beginning:
1. Goons helping goons (always being willing to help out others...which most people can attest, almost anytime I'm online that's usually what I'm doing)
2. Funny is funny...being an rear end in a top hat isn't funny (ok sometimes it is, but not in the context I'm thinking which is just stirring up poo poo to be a rabble-rouser). This is where Extra comes in and you've got a very interesting version of history there by the way. In terms of banning from the kin I can count on one hand the number of people who have fallen into that category and typically it's fallen under this exact kind of crap. Arus got banned for similar reasons of basically being a backstabbing rear end in a top hat. And the third guy who's name I can't remember at the moment got banned for truly being that obnoxious to everyone. I'm probably forgetting one or two others but that's it. So this fiction of being some power tripping, mass banning sociopath is complete fiction. You're like the little yappy dog in the cartoons talking a bunch of poo poo while standing behind the big bulldog with the cigar and little hat. Being in the kin or not, that's why I included you in the challenge offer...if you're so convinced I'm wrong, put some skin the game but if you're just going to be negative from the sidelines then everyone's going to know you're just full of poo poo. Simple solution would be to organize a quick 24 man raid and bring the multiple 15 person kin groups that you're 'networking' with...part 2 of the challenge met. Yet all I'm hearing is bitch bitch too hard bitch bitch.

Grim, saw your acceptance of the challenge. I'll even be generous on it and say that in the 12 mans, 75% goon is sufficient. For the 24 man, as long as you have 3-4 goons the rest can be pubbies for all I care. Considering I'm even willing to be one of those and by the comments of others in the thread, that shouldn't be a problem at all. After each raid in the last three weeks of the challenge, just post the names of who attended here in the thread and what raids were done. 9 raids plus 1- 24 man, and kin leader choice is yours. I'm actually really curious to see if you pull it off. My biggest complaint in this whole thing is that it's easy to be one of the crowd and complain that not enough is being done, but it's another thing entirely to put in all the work and effort to do that very thing...it's where goons go off the rails all the time. Every time I log on I ask if anything is going on and most of the time just silence because inevitably everyone is just soloing and can't be bothered to type a single sentence into kinchat of: hey, yeah I'd like to go hit this raid or that raid. Sure, I'd have no problem helping out...but you're going to find that in this challenge you're going to run into all the same things I had problems with, putting together all this planning to have no one show up. That's why I decided this time to make it a very public challenge...so it's nothing personal, it's just I'd rather be spending my time enjoying the game instead of every 3-6 months hearing the same complaint come up. Either something wonderful happens or it's the end-all-be-all-test to put this to bed for the rest of the game.

BTW, it's 12:32pm: Dunk and I are the only two on and the records show only 6 members have been on in the past 24 hrs...so making the case that I'm not on enough is pretty weak. Going past 24hrs it goes up to 9 people and past 48 hrs it goes up to 11. 4 days, 12. 5 days, 15 and Grim has 5 days logged out btw. So.....yeah, being on all the time or not isn't really the root of the issue here, as many have said it's getting to be an old game.

I'm planning on making the 4pm cst Sat raid if at all humanly possible...I've got a 4 day weekend this week so I should have some time. Yesterday just a small sample of the things I had to do: Try and convince a student not to drop out, try to deal with another student being loudly negative and trying recruit other students to drop out and do a GED with him, work on making up a -$10k deficit for the school finances for next year because I'll have to cut a staff position if I can't find the money somehow, dealing with fixing a state funding issue so we can pull our appropriate Title I funds otherwise one of my teachers isn't getting paid, cover for the officer manager who has been out all week, fix a paint scrape on the bus, continue replacing wireless cards in the student laptops to dual band so they don't keep getting kicked off due to interference, work on a scheduling plan for next year, negotiate an entire curriculum change with my fellow staff, advise other staff on college readiness for some of our students considering dual credit enrollment, go to a truancy court meeting, finish posting board documents that are required by statue, determine an entire earnings/cost/benefit analysis for a food program we set up, work on my own professional development for relicensure in 1.5 years, and do all my regular teaching duties. You really think that kin drama is going to send me over the edge?? heh..

Oxphocker
Aug 17, 2005

FailPirate posted:

Roving Threats are the poo poo. This is probably the #1 thing I want to do on Saturday.

I agree... I've only done a few of them so far...it would be good to do more of them.

Oxphocker
Aug 17, 2005

FYI: 9pm on a Friday night. I'm on...no one else is.

Oxphocker
Aug 17, 2005

xZAOx posted:

Seriously, options are:
-Start doing it yourself (not you directly, just to someone who would complain), or shut up
-Go to a more active Kin that fits what you're looking for
-Accept that it is what it is and enjoy collecting some bear asses in silence

Basically this.
Either abide by the terms of the challenge or shut your hole.

May is the month to start recording events...plus you only listed two people, 3-4 minimum for the 24 man was the deal (making sure someone besides the two of you can verify).

Oxphocker
Aug 17, 2005

xZAOx posted:

I used to think Hobo way overreacted and took things too personally too, but after like the umpteenth time I witnessed it myself, I'm more understanding of his perspective. I think it's a real sore spot with him at this point, and as more of us keep seeing it brought up, becoming one for us too - hence the first couple of replies from other kinmates which were basically "Here goes this shitfest again".

This is why Grim. Because I'm tired of trying to be nice and reason with people every 3-6 months because they weren't here for the earlier round.

And I have no problem with anyone organizing events...as has been said multiple times, there's nothing about kin leader that stops anyone from organizing things to do.

Oxphocker
Aug 17, 2005

Litany Unheard posted:

The 2 PM Saturday event was a success! We did a horrible run of Pelargir, died repeatedly in a 12-man instance, and then killed some high-level mobs, including an entirely too-large turtle.

If you want to be a part of the fun, please join me, Edheladan, every Saturday at 2 PM PST for the remainder of the Third Age.

I'll also be endeavoring to play more in general, so if you ever see me on don't hesitate to say hi. I play an elf, but don't hold that against me. I concede the superiority of hobbits.

I think you mean dwarves...

Oxphocker
Aug 17, 2005

Chairchucker posted:

Whoa. I could take all the other crap you were pulling, but this is beyond the pale, Hobo.

You're a hobbit apologist... I'd bet a dwarf would out drink a hobbit any day of the week..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxphocker
Aug 17, 2005

For flight, we're going to need at least one high level tank to pull in the majority of mobs without falling. The secondary problem is killing off all the ranged mobs without them singling out the healers.