Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oxphocker
Aug 17, 2005

PLEASE DO NOT BACKSEAT MODERATE
My uncle suddenly died of a heart attack yesterday and today is my mom's birthday...so I'm a bit busy today, probably won't be able to make it...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxphocker
Aug 17, 2005

Foxjo, Blondii, and I were on for a bit around 5pm...

Oxphocker
Aug 17, 2005

Don't forget there's the steam group TheNazgun where you can join and see who else might be online...or someone you can message.

Oxphocker
Aug 17, 2005

As stated before, anything moria level or higher counts (except Turtle obviously...it needs to be a real raid with multi bosses/trash mobs) so level shouldn't matter. Run DN 9 times and the dragon in Enedwaith for all I care, you're really missing the whole point that I made in the challenge in the first place, but whatever floats your boat.

Edit: FYI just logged in this afternoon...no one online and kinlist says only 19 characters have been online since I was 4 days ago, pretty sure about half of those are people's alts (judging by the level) so realistically, fewer than 10 people have been online the past couple of days.

Oxphocker fucked around with this message at 22:31 on May 11, 2016

Oxphocker
Aug 17, 2005

All I'm hearing is bitching.

The challenge was agreed to and I fully intend to keep my word IF Grim & Co are able to meet the terms which are honestly not all that hard to do if the complaint is that we're not raiding enough. The whole point was to prove you could actually organize people to run the content (which by the way you don't need leader for, anyone can put in the time to try and organize).

As for being available, you can ask the people who were online, every time I was on I asked if there was anything going on and we ran several different instances including parts of Fornost, outside CD, SG, LT, and a couple of others...and not once did anyone bitch we weren't doing well. I've said time and time again, post when people are planning to do things....use the steam channel to get info out...message people... yet silence. So no, I don't accept the premise and I'm not going to sit in game 24/7, the logs show that NO ONE currently in kin is on as much as you're claiming as many have already pointed out in the last few posts. So for those of you that truly feel that Nazgun isn't doing enough, but you're not willing to put the time in to organize anything yourself...then you know where the door is at, nothing's stopping you from joining a different kin. But if you think that a leadership change is going to make the difference, then complete the challenge. Otherwise shut the hell up.

As for refusing to play, you need to take the dicks out of your ears...because not for pages, but ENTIRE THREADS I've said I'm willing to help anyone run content all they have to do is let me know it's going on. I actually LIKE running content, but again I'm not going to sit online 24/7 waiting for someone to maybe show up. Do the most minor amount of work like sending a steam announcement and maybe people will actually sign on? I've been playing this since 2006-07 and I've seen this go round and round multiple times already and it's always the same drat thing....

Every drat time posted:

blah blah kin isn't raiding enough blah blah I'd rather bitch than actually organize anything myself because that actually takes work so instead I'll just say we need new leadership because maybe someone else with magically do the work for me blah blah I'm going to stamp my feet like a little bitch when I don't get my way blah blah

So again, put up or shut up. Just under three weeks left and I haven't seen any posts documenting completed raids. Really not that hard to type:

May 11
7pm cst
Ran OD Poison and Wound
Goons present: X, Y, Z
Non-Goons present: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Completed Poison, wiped on Wound

It has all the basic documented points and would be easily verifiable by the goons who went (assuming it wasn't just Grim & Co). Also as previously stated I'M EVEN WILLING TO HELP YOU PROVE ME WRONG just loving tell me when events are going on. I've given you the gun and the bullets....can't really pull the trigger for you too...do you have someone help you jerk off too or is that too much work as well? :jerkbag:

Oxphocker
Aug 17, 2005

Personally I'm completely indifferent to having non-goons join the kin. There's been mention of it a couple of times over the years but it was always just a couple of people (typically the ones who were more concerned about rabble rousing and being internet right) as opposed to a general consensus. Historically, it's always been goon only because it was part of the identity and many were against it.

I just checked the steam group, changed some of the settings...all members can post events and announcements. Thought it was set that way to begin with so my bad on that one.

Oxphocker
Aug 17, 2005

Litany Unheard posted:

I hope they can carry through to the Scouring of the Shire. I was disappointed when that didn't make it into the films.

I always thought the ending of the movies was kinda anti-climatic...

Oxphocker
Aug 17, 2005

xZAOx posted:

Rubber-banding while on a war steed constantly.

It's been that way from the moment they implemented it...

Oxphocker
Aug 17, 2005

extra stout posted:

I would put it toward our own goon island but to be frank: Not while we've still got an idle steward who just logged in for the first time in 35 days exclusively to prevent an officer from taking the leadership.

I've been working 7 days a week for the past month and spent a week dealing with a death in the family. When I had a free hour, I signed in and no one was on. The last three times I've logged on there's only been 1-2 people on max. I'm not signing on during crazy moon hours...I've tried mornings of weekends, evenings of weekends, and evenings of weekdays. Each time the same, so unless people start posting times that they plan to be online I don't see that changing.

Oxphocker
Aug 17, 2005

extra stout posted:

New year, same post from Hoboknife. You didn't log in for 35 days but no one was on the one time you did 35 days ago, and you think this says more about the kin than it does you? What do you mean "crazy moon hours"? You didn't sign on for 35 days, again, your average is like 18 days at a time without even logging in, and you didn't get a level in the last year. The game's level cap will be 110 while you're still 103 as the leader.

If you're too busy to lead (still, even in another year) then how are you not making my argument for me that you should pass the lead to any of the people with the time to reach level 105 and actually enjoy the game? We've got two max rank back up kins if you turn this into more drama and try to stretch out some pointless raid challenge again.

edit

We had eight people on the other day, I'm not claiming it's the return of goon squad but it's enough that you should move on with your life and let one of the eight active people lead. Plenty of 105s who aren't full of two years of excuses. I don't want you to poo poo up the thread for eight pages again so just pass lead to someone who we trust won't pass it back by tomorrow or (so far every single player I asked) will shift to the new kin.

Frankly I don't trust you the slightest bit...but I don't have time to go ten rounds on this anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxphocker
Aug 17, 2005

extra stout posted:

Your paranoia was wise: I've just received thousands of gold from the kin (by going in a time machine and not donating the most free items and gold out of anyone to this kin in the last several years). What is there to trust? You passed lead to someone who wasn't me so you could use being busy as a cover for not replying to my half dozen true claims. You kept officer so you can still kick people for making jokes just like the old days, everything is fine. But Goondor is still a better kin name than Nazgun, so we'll see how it goes.

Whatever keeps you warm at night.