Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

I don't think those rails are magnetic. If we assume the balls have a non-conducting outer layer such as glass or skin, it's easy to believe that rolling over that wood, they gather a static charge. Or, the entire wood floor might have a static charge. After all, it absolutely isn't grounded.

If those rails have an opposite static charge, they will attract the ball like a rubbed balloon is attracted by a wool sweater.

Although, those balls look kinda heavy. Unless they are way smaller than actual marbles, I'd expect to see sparks whenever they get close to the rails. A lot of charge is needed to keep them hanging there. Hmm...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Voting for the hand egg.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

The description of Saturn reminds me of your mom.

Anyway, voting for cat. It's about time for a cute ball.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Mraagvpeine posted:

What did he say about voting for the secret levels? I forgot.

IIRC, if you want to give him a real challenge, keep some of the harder balls available for the secret levels.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Frog, UFO, Watermelon.

And afterwards a short round-up video where you show how the other marbles handle. :)

• Locked thread