Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Somebody PM me how to get Linda Linda Linda.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Stray Dogs, if you want to do some extremely slow movies. Or vive lamour which a bit more palatable.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Davincie posted:

i like save the green planet and all, but its korean. i could name another 20 korean and japanese films easily and the poster wanted non korean japanese!

Psh. I could name twice that without breaking a sweat.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

i think i need an invite

Same here.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Hell, if we are doing Miike movies. Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Face-Off

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

boom boom boom posted:

It's only co-written by a Korean man.

Logic wins again.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's going to take us [Dr Evil voice] One Beelion years to watch everything cool that's already been suggested, but i would argue that Face-Off is a Hong Kong movie. We don't have to watch it since there's so many better movies to watch, but it could be a fun argument.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sharkopath posted:

theres a lot of john woo i havent seen

he made a lot of fun trashy movies.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ill be watching this this afternoon.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

i ended up playing mapgames for 4 hours instead of watching this, but i will definitely do it tomorrow.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ka0 posted:

What's a good japanese movie with pretty women.

In the Realm of the Senses

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I am taking a quick break at the halfway point of Linda Linda Linda and I'm loving it!!!

Davincie posted:

yeah mumblecore, they focus more on mid 20s-30s boring middle class people tho

american filmmakers are allergic to making "boring" movies even though telling small simple stories can be incredibly engaging!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm in love with the girl who sits on the roof with a cooler full of juice reading manga all day.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Macky :smith:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lots of nice looking tracking shots in this movie.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lots of nice looking regular old shots too.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

When the squad can't remember when the night ended

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

she is the coolest

Her third act reveal made my heart leap up through my throat

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

DisDisDis posted:

I really enjoyed this. It was very relaxing and fun. Cosigning the love for roof girl, she had a cool speaking voice. I liked that the movie didn't beat you over the head with the male teacher being encouraging and whatever happened with the teacher from the korean exhibition. A lot of movies would have given both those characters whole subplots probably with cheesy inspirational speeches and drama. It was cool how the movie gave us just enough to go off with the woman working with Son at the exhibit, seeing her linda linda notes and then showing up outside the gymnasium.
I'd like to suggest 2046 because I want to see what some of the more film fluent goons have to say about it.

The awkward teacher in charge of the band clubs was very endearing

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I remember 2046 being Wkw's weakest movie but I suppose I could give it a second chance.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cbvQSMihak

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The OP of this thread houses a pretty insane list of movies...can't wait to see what's next

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I can't watch tonight or tomorrow , but on Friday I will be able to , and I will.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

CatelynIsAZombie posted:

I'm sure takako is in some kind of real band, but she doesn't show up on the japanese credits on yahoo or anywhere :/

Odd. Also agreed on all your thoughts. I think my favorite moment was the group practicing late at night and trying to whisper sing, and they start giggling, and then the scene just...doesn't end. It's like 1.5 minutes of breathless giggling, it's wonderfully reminiscent of late night young teen hangouts. Cool scene

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

She's more powerful than I could have possibly imagined

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

Does middle-east count as Asian? Watched "A Pig in Gaza" today.

I watched Night and Fog in Japan, which is Japanese, and I forgot about this thread. Now that im actually watching movies again instead of using all of my free time to play metal gear, I will catch up on the thread this week.

• Locked thread