Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
My two favorite asian slice of life movies were My Sassy Girl and Beck, I'd love to see some more in the same idea as those, can't wait :D

Beck sounds kind of similar to Linda Linda Linda! A band about a bunch of kids coming together to make a band. Coming of age, etc. It's based off the series that gave me one of my favorite moments in anime

e: Love Exposure is on there. I bought the DVD forever ago and never could convince anyone to sit down and watch it.

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Aug 21, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

TheTromboner posted:

Love Exposure has a sick loving soundtrack and I hope you guys actually watch that long rear end movie.
I had issues convincing people to watch it with me without telling them it was four loving hours. Does it flow well, or am I basically sitting in the third Lord of the Rings movie waiting for it to end so I can pee

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I've just finished the first movie on the list, Linda, Linda, Linda!

Slow start, good ending. Slice of life Japanese high school movie, if you've seen one before it's the same a lot of them are. The standout of the movie in my opinion is Son, a Korean exchange singer who becomes their reluctant lead singer for their covers of the Japanese punk-band The Blue Hearts. Three of the girls have some kind of driving motivation throughout the movie, one girl is just kind of there. Ironically she's the one who's actually in a band (Called Base Ball Bear)

Another fun fact about casting! One of the lead girls was featured in both Battle Royale movies and Son, the Korean girl was in the popular Korean revenge movie "Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance" (She's the lead character's girlfriend)

Overall: Not the best High School slice-of-life movie I've seen (I enjoyed Hana and Alice more) or the best music-drama (I'm a huge fan of BECK: Mongolian Chop Squad). It still had a little charm, but seemed a little long for the kind of movie it is. 3.0/5 from me.

I don't watch much asian films but it seems like every single live-action thing I watch has an actor from a different movie/show I've seen.

e: I'm hours and hours early but it's technically sunday here okay

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

If anyone needs links to buy the movie send me a PM.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Davincie posted:

there's a whole bunch of slice of life films yeah. the other films of this directors i have seen were SOL as well. low budget indie american films also do it sometimes (there was a specific name for this genre i forgot) but they aren't that prevalent
Similar to movies like Juno, yeah. There's not as many in Western movies on a larger scale because I don't think people could sit through a two hour slice of life movie where hardly anything happens which is why more of our films are like Superbad.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

jinpachistar posted:

Also do they ever explain who the little girl is that Son hangs out with outside reading manga and at darts?
Nope! She acted like she was related to Son at first and then it's just never brought up again.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I wonder if she's famous or significant outside of this movie? She had that Gal look to her and was kinda good at guitar, kind of figured she was in a band or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Davincie posted:

did anyone besides me and probably bfc even watch it?
I wanted to but the trailer wasn't that interesting to me but I'll watch it this week anyway + the new one.

• Locked thread