Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
I really enjoyed this. It was very relaxing and fun. Cosigning the love for roof girl, she had a cool speaking voice. I liked that the movie didn't beat you over the head with the male teacher being encouraging and whatever happened with the teacher from the korean exhibition. A lot of movies would have given both those characters whole subplots probably with cheesy inspirational speeches and drama. It was cool how the movie gave us just enough to go off with the woman working with Son at the exhibit, seeing her linda linda notes and then showing up outside the gymnasium.
I'd like to suggest 2046 because I want to see what some of the more film fluent goons have to say about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
When I was little this trailer was on my Kung Fu Hustle DVD and I was completely captivated by it. The film I was imagining then was definitely better than the actual film, which I saw a few years ago. I don't know how well it stands up to the rest of his work having only seen In The Mood For Love and the beginning of Chungking Express (I really want to finish that one) but it's a total visual treat, especially the parts in 2046. The costumes, set designs and colors are really nice but I don't know anything about shot composition so it would interesting to hear peoples' thoughts on that.

Bird People looks really cool from the trailer and I'm excited to watch it on sunday.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
I watched Bird People and I liked it a lot. The yakuza guy in old age was incredibly cool. I've been holding off on the one after it because it sounds like a downer and I've had a crappy week. I will definitely watch Why Don't You Play In Hell.

• Locked thread