Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Memories of Murder is one of the best films ever made so I am excited for that

also Kiyoshi Kurosawa's films are cool so we should watch one of those at one point

Parallax fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Aug 20, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

list needs more non-Japan/SK films, so: In the Mood For Love, Chungking Express, Yi Yi, The Hole

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ldoyx4qYCY

the first two A Better Tomorrow movies are great

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

I love Oshima but I wonder how well people would actually like his work. I think I saw six of his films before something clicked and I started liking them

Also I second Peking Opera Blues just because Brigitte Lin is in men's clothing for most of that movie and it's great

Parallax fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Aug 24, 2015

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

I finally got around to watch Linda Linda Linda and I think my favorite thing was that Son just starts speaking Korean around the others. Like, she just wants to communicate with them in her own voice instead of her awkward Japanese, so she just does it

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Also I just found the director of LLL did a live action version of Cream Lemon, so we should watch that :mrgw:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

I watched Sweet Home and it was not very spooky

• Locked thread