Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pythonicus
Apr 1, 2011

I just wanted to say...
I love you.

Judge Tesla posted:

So people who have never played Destiny and are following this LP are going to get a surprise, yesterday, The Taken King was pre loaded onto consoles (with a whopping 18GB download) and it shook up the game world, the quests from the first two expansions have been reshuffled and integrated into the storyline more efficiently and perhaps most tragic, Peter Dinklage as the voice of Ghost is no more, replaced utterly by Nolan North.

Ghost's voice is now much higher pitched in tone, a real shift from Dinklebots deeper one.

There are loads of other smaller changes but, I'll leave that to the dudes in charge to go over, in due time.

In preparation for today's update, and to compound this info, here's some relevant reading material for those of you who like knowing some of the inner workings of the system. There's some spoilers in there, so look at your own risk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pythonicus
Apr 1, 2011

I just wanted to say...
I love you.
And now for something completely different.

The Dark Within
Hand Cannons
Ghosts
Dead Ghosts
Earth
Ghost Fragment: Earth
Old Russia

Pythonicus fucked around with this message at 08:47 on Jan 28, 2016

Trizophenie
Mar 2, 2011

Jar Jar Binks improved my story.

Pythonicus posted:

I know the first one is 2018
28~7-61

Having never played this I have no idea if it means anything, but with you being bad at Roman numerals I had to correct you :D

Enjoying this so far, even with me only using it as background noise.

Pythonicus
Apr 1, 2011

I just wanted to say...
I love you.

Trizophenie posted:

28~7-61

Having never played this I have no idea if it means anything, but with you being bad at Roman numerals I had to correct you :D

Enjoying this so far, even with me only using it as background noise.

Much appreciated, friend!

Dr. Dubious
Dec 5, 2010

Amputee Ninja Ryu Hayabusa
If we switch from Ugg McEmoson the Emo, I'm gonna admit I'll miss his goofy face. R.I.P Ugg :australia:

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014
We can't possibly do that. He's the (bleeding) heart and soul of this LP!

Ceebees
Nov 2, 2011

I'm intentionally being as verbose as possible in negotiations for my own amusement.
I've been vaguely interested in Destiny since it came out, just never enough to actually do anything about it since i don't have a console. So i guess what i'm trying to say is, this is perfect, thanks.

Pythonicus
Apr 1, 2011

I just wanted to say...
I love you.

Ceebees posted:

I've been vaguely interested in Destiny since it came out, just never enough to actually do anything about it since i don't have a console. So i guess what i'm trying to say is, this is perfect, thanks.

You're quite welcome. Despite it's flaws, I really enjoy Destiny and what it does as an FPS.

Speaking of, I have a trip report from The Taken King. Everything is amazing, and I can't wait to show it off. Now, hopefully I can peel away from it long enough to actually edit footage for the LP :v:

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009
So was this last mission where the Dinklebot once uttered the infamous "That wizard came from the moon!" line, or are we still working our way to that one?

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

I really would love to see more of this game as well, I can't afford a console and I can't use a console controller to save my life.

Pythonicus
Apr 1, 2011

I just wanted to say...
I love you.

malkav11 posted:

So was this last mission where the Dinklebot once uttered the infamous "That wizard came from the moon!" line, or are we still working our way to that one?

It certainly was! They took it out in between beta and release versions. Can't imagine why, though. :iiam:

In regards to Dinklebot, and his recent departure in favor of Drakebot, I unfortunately can't show off the best line that was still in the game, but I'll be sure to find a supplemental video or two to get the point across.

Pythonicus fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Sep 17, 2015

Pythonicus
Apr 1, 2011

I just wanted to say...
I love you.
Sorry for the late update, been busy with life and had some scheduling conflicts with Grayfawks, but everything's fine. So let's do some chores. This video is all patrols, and is therefore kinda boring. There's a few mechanics we explain here, but if you want to skip this video, it's completely okay, you won't miss out on story. There's some nasty audio desync in this and the next video, which I spent some time trying to fix to no avail. After the next couple of videos, things should be back to normal working order again.

Pythonicus
Apr 1, 2011

I just wanted to say...
I love you.
Quote is not edit.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Maybe I'm remembering poorly but patrol does seem at least marginally more interesting than what it was when I tried the demo of Destiny a while back.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
For the record, that Queensbreaker Captain is Level 28 and was a bounty target for former endgame bounty missions, as of The Taken King, that guy and all like him are gone, but are replaced by even stronger guys who pop up in different places. :toot:

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Never mind, the audio issue was mentioned in the video, that's what I get for posting before I finish it

FlamingLiberal fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Sep 27, 2015

Pythonicus
Apr 1, 2011

I just wanted to say...
I love you.
So now that we've seen the Sparrow last update, this update we'll actually unlock it! That, and doing some other things, mostly things that involve shooting Fallen. Lots and lots of Fallen. Reminder that we're still in desync town. :(

Nova Bomb
Pulse Rifles
Guardian Ships
Sparrow
Titan Vanguard - Commander Zavala
The Warmind

Major_JF
Oct 17, 2008
Does anyone else see the sparrow and think it looks like a star wars speeder bike?

Last Transmission
Aug 10, 2011

Major_JF posted:

Does anyone else see the sparrow and think it looks like a star wars speeder bike?

No, just it's stubbier cousin that doesn't immediatley explode on contact with the environment.

But I think that Star Wars did codify how nerds think how floating bikes should look.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Dregs are Fallen who have hosed up and had their lower two arms docked as punishment, it's pretty much the main punishment for failure in Fallen society, additionally, Dregs who manage to prove themselves as being worthy get robotic replacement arms.

There are exceptions to this rule of course, and we'll be meeting a few of these in due time.

Tzarnal
Dec 26, 2011

Judge Tesla posted:

Dregs are Fallen who have hosed up and had their lower two arms docked as punishment, it's pretty much the main punishment for failure in Fallen society, additionally, Dregs who manage to prove themselves as being worthy get robotic replacement arms.

There are exceptions to this rule of course, and we'll be meeting a few of these in due time.

On the one side the punishment for failure is no arms is really dumb. On the other hand I genuinly like that they also have the option to get some sweet robot arms if they make up for it.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing
Are there fallen who prove themselves great without first getting punished and get six arms? Do really decorated fallen get even more sets? Is the final boss a hecatonchir?

Please educate me on the rich lore of MMO shootmans.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Male Man posted:

Do really decorated fallen get even more sets?

You aren't too far off the mark here funnily enough. :v:

Pythonicus
Apr 1, 2011

I just wanted to say...
I love you.
Hey friends, quick story to tell you about why this particular update is late in coming.

Life's kinda kicked me straight in the dick lately and I'm lookin' for a new place to call home; thankfully some friends have been gracious enough to board me while I'm in transit, but I'm trying not to take advantage of them too much so my PC has remained in my car for the time being. There are videos recorded and edited, which just need some commentary, so the LP will continue without a doubt. This isn't Ghosts and while I can't speak for Grayfawks, I am certainly having a lot of fun exploring the game from the ground up for y'all. Sorry for the delay, but Real Life comes first, and I'm hoping it's not too long before I'm resettled and ready to go.

racerabbit
Sep 8, 2011

"HI, I WANT TO HUG PINS NUTS."
:frolf:
As always, Real Life > LP. Take your time, we'll be here when you get back.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

I'm totally okay with waiting, man. Never forget that Let's Plays are just a stupid made-up hobby created by video game nerds for video game nerds, and there's no reason why you should be lugging PCs around into random homes just so you can push out commentary for an update. Take a break, relax as much as you can, get yourself back onto a solid foundation, then worry about making videos for the internet.

Also, as a side note, I told my gigantic Destiny nerd friend about your death to the level 20-something wandering enemy in that first area and he laughed so hard he had to sit down for a bit. He's probably going to watch your LP just because it's a nice mixture of stuff he's familiar with, but combined with a newbie's perspective. So once you have things up and running again, you're guaranteed at least one new viewer. :allears:

Pythonicus
Apr 1, 2011

I just wanted to say...
I love you.
Hey guys, popping in to tell y'all that the yearly spoop-a-thon stream is a go; or rather, half of it is! My buddy and co-commentator Grayfawks is going live with some silly spooky games over at this link! If you've got time and/or money to spare, he's raising money for an early Extra Life drive, so stop on by and say hi!

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Are you doing okay, Pythonicus?

Pythonicus
Apr 1, 2011

I just wanted to say...
I love you.

Mraagvpeine posted:

Are you doing okay, Pythonicus?

Thanks for the concern, and yes, I'm doing absolutely fine. I'm settling in with some family for the time being and as soon as Fawks' winter break is over, I plan on slave driving pushing him through some recording sessions for audio. I have the Strike, and several of the next few missions already recorded from weeks and weeks ago, just waiting to have us idiots speak words over them.

Also, I'm sorry I haven't really been keeping the thread updated on this whole thing, but a lot of it is personal and that sort of thing. Just another week or so and we'll be back on track again.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

If, while you are recording, you see a dude in purple armor on a fuchsia sparrow honking a jalopy horn and doing flips, I'll know i have had my LP 15 minutes of fame.

Pythonicus
Apr 1, 2011

I just wanted to say...
I love you.
Word on the street is that there might be a new update in the works. Source's reliability remains in question. IT'S HAPPENING. :ssh:

Pythonicus
Apr 1, 2011

I just wanted to say...
I love you.
I'll be posting the Grimoire links at a later time, but I felt like you've all waited long enough for the video that I couldn't let it wait. Thanks for your patience through all of this nonsense. Desynch city population: us.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

I don't believe it

ohrwurm
Jun 25, 2003

Hey now, this is a good track, really fits the battle where you hear it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeurOd57EqQ

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Hey, welcome back.

Kind of a shame they don't actually let you drop all the way down the Tower into oblivion, but then I guess more people would do it just to see what it was like.

...dammit why did I just remember Ouroboros

Interesting to hear that the various enemy factions never really team up. It seems like that would be a natural climax.

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
drat you made that mission look easy, I always had problems with the Knights in that one. When I bother to Destiny, I love me some scout rifle, I get constant headshots all the time.

Pythonicus
Apr 1, 2011

I just wanted to say...
I love you.
Hey everyone, quick update on the state of things: I'm not dead, and things are still well. I know I promised the grimoire update a while back, but I've since had a couple of events happen. Nothing major, but I've had no time to pull things together just yet. After Saturday, things will come back around to a more or less normal state for the LP.

Sorry for the long delays, and I sorely wish I hadn't needed them, but that should hopefully all be done with now. I can't thank you enough for all of your patience.

Ceebees
Nov 2, 2011

I'm intentionally being as verbose as possible in negotiations for my own amusement.
I still don't have a ps4, so, still looking forward to it :toot:

Pythonicus
Apr 1, 2011

I just wanted to say...
I love you.
So this is definitely far from over, and a new update will be forthcoming soonish, now that things have truly settled, but I figured I'd get something started on the side. I've now got a thread live for the 2015 release of Amplitude. Give it a look if you fancy rhythm games at a decent level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014
Looking forward to seeing this thread rise from the ashes then. I'm never playing Destiny, but I'm curious to see what it's like anyway.

• Locked thread