Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Ah, there's that classic "poo poo we haven't thought up an explanation for anything yet" line.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pythonicus
Apr 1, 2011

I just wanted to say...
I love you.

Kibayasu posted:

Ah, there's that classic "poo poo we haven't thought up an explanation for anything yet" line.

I forgot to bring it up, but yeah, that's another one of this game's script gems. I don't have time to explain why I don't have time!

Anyway, here's an update!

By the by, I'm not forgetting the Grimoire, nor am I going to be omitting the rest of it. I'm sort of trying to find a better way to disseminate the info, much the same as the skill trees for the classes.

Pythonicus
Apr 1, 2011

I just wanted to say...
I love you.
Hey, this marks a month and a half with an update a week(ish). Imagine that.

jerman999
Apr 26, 2006

This is a lex imperfecta
Thanks for keeping this up!

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

You reminded me how beautiful this was

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPZiwvFbkHc

Thank you so much, I still really wish I could play Destiny :(

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009
Oh hey, a brief reference to the Vault of Glass, which even I (as a non-Destiny player or indeed current-gen console owner) know is the first raid.

Dr. Dubious
Dec 5, 2010

Amputee Ninja Ryu Hayabusa

Pythonicus posted:

Hey, this marks a month and a half with an update a week(ish). Imagine that.

Oh hey, maybe we'll finish this LP after all! :v:

Alavaria
Apr 3, 2009
I'm reminded of the Mass Effect (2) shotgun-elbow combo

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Not giving people the option to run around with a regular old shotgun seems like the kind of thing that should be on some kind of universal "Don't do this" list.

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

So what's the difference between a weapon being in your primary versus secondary slot? Is ammo more plentiful for one than the other or something?

ohrwurm
Jun 25, 2003

Crazy Achmed posted:

So what's the difference between a weapon being in your primary versus secondary slot? Is ammo more plentiful for one than the other or something?

Special (secondary) weapons are more powerful but situational. They hold less reserve ammo than primaries and ammo drops tend to be less frequent. Universal Remote is an exotic primary weapon that happens to be a shotgun, so primary ammo drops will refill it.

Pythonicus
Apr 1, 2011

I just wanted to say...
I love you.

ohrwurm posted:

Special (secondary) weapons are more powerful but situational. They hold less reserve ammo than primaries and ammo drops tend to be less frequent. Universal Remote is an exotic primary weapon that happens to be a shotgun, so primary ammo drops will refill it.

To expand on this a little, shotguns, snipers, and fusion rifles are specifically secondary weapons, and only the two I mentioned in the video are capable of being equipped in the primary slot, as the exception and not the rule.

ohrwurm
Jun 25, 2003

Pythonicus posted:

To expand on this a little, shotguns, snipers, and fusion rifles are specifically secondary weapons, and only the two I mentioned in the video are capable of being equipped in the primary slot, as the exception and not the rule.

Don't forget sidearms!

Everyone forgets sidearms :(

racerabbit
Sep 8, 2011

"HI, I WANT TO HUG PINS NUTS."
:frolf:
After enough playtime, I finally figured out the proper usage of the shotgun, fusion rifle, and sniper rifle.

Still haven't figured out a use for the Sidearm.

Pythonicus
Apr 1, 2011

I just wanted to say...
I love you.

ohrwurm posted:

Don't forget sidearms!

Everyone forgets sidearms :(

:ssh: We haven't seen those yet :v:

Pythonicus
Apr 1, 2011

I just wanted to say...
I love you.
Sorry about the slowdown in updates again. I have the next video recorded, just needs editing and commentary, and I was waiting for Fawks to get over a cold before corralling him back into the swing of things. I've also been spending a LOT of time streaming MGS2 speedruns and practice in hopes of getting a spot in this year's AGDQ lineup, for which run submissions begin tonight. In saying that, we should be getting back to regular updates shortly. We'll definitely be finishing the main game before the year's out.

Pythonicus
Apr 1, 2011

I just wanted to say...
I love you.

Pythonicus posted:

Sorry about the slowdown in updates again. I have the next video recorded, just needs editing and commentary, and I was waiting for Fawks to get over a cold before corralling him back into the swing of things. I've also been spending a LOT of time streaming MGS2 speedruns and practice in hopes of getting a spot in this year's AGDQ lineup, for which run submissions begin tonight. In saying that, we should be getting back to regular updates shortly. We'll definitely be finishing the main game before the year's out.

Uh, whoops. This thing's still on, just a lot of scheduling problems at the moment, and the standard sort of thing. I'll try and get an update within the week. Sorry about that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pythonicus
Apr 1, 2011

I just wanted to say...
I love you.
So, really bad news for anyone who still cares about the thread, but I've got to call the LP off for the time being. I meant to have an update about a month ago, and it was nearly ready, but reasons I won't specify here have both prevented me from posting said update and indeed prevented me from finishing the project as of right now. I'm not going to say the LP is dead; I love this game to pieces despite all its flaws, and I genuinely enjoyed working on the videos, so whenever I have the ability to, I'll resume where we left off and finish this whole thing out. Since I doubt this is going to happen any time within the next few months, I'm gonna close down this thread and put this hiatus-ridden beast to rest for now. I'm truly sorry about how much the LP has suffered in both quality and timeliness, and now for this as well. When I'm able to get this up and running again, I'll be doing my best to shore up these shortcomings and show the game as I believe it deserves.

In the meantime, some good news comes from this incredibly lovely year - I mentioned a month back that I'd submitted MGS2 as a speedrun at AGDQ, and due to unfortunate circumstances regarding another runner being chosen to showcase it, I won't be on the stage. I will, however, be at the event hosting. So, if for whatever reason you enjoy hearing the sound of my voice (I know I'm tired of it at this point :v:), you can hear me be awful and awkward in January.

Thanks everyone who posted in the thread, and everyone who watched Fawks and I putz around for the past year on this game. We'll be back, at some point.

Pythonicus fucked around with this message at 09:02 on Nov 29, 2016

• Locked thread