Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005

Chilichimp posted:

At this point, I'd like to have the Baylor apologists defend the schools actions after Ukwauchu was charged with rape.

Our rapists actually go to jail -Baylors new recruiting slogan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

anne frank fanfic posted:

Our rapists actually go to jail -Baylors new recruiting slogan

But in the meantime you can work out with the team and we'll even make sure to schedule you to be in the same study sessions as your victim!

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Our issues are more about malicious non-action as opposed to malicious action. It could have been worse! And this time we didn't even kill anybody!
-Baylor's new slogan.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Thoguh posted:

Our issues are more about malicious non-action as opposed to malicious action. It could have been worse! And this time we didn't even kill anybody!
-Baylor's new slogan.

not gonna lie I don't think that'll fit on a billboard

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005

Chokes McGee posted:

We'll make it fit -both baylor and the rapists slogan

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

We'll make it fit -both baylor and the rapists slogan

:stonk:

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Chokes McGee posted:

Everything's bigger in Texas :clint:

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Our rapists actually eventually go to jail -Baylors new recruiting slogan

ftfy

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

The baylor athletic chaplain testified for the defense. The victim previously went to the chaplain and told him the while story. Then the chaplain testified in defense of a rapist.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

buddhanc posted:

The baylor athletic chaplain testified for the defense. The victim previously went to the chaplain and told him the while story. Then the chaplain testified in defense of a rapist.

holy poo poo

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

buddhanc posted:

that's hosed up.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

buddhanc posted:

Oh fuuuuck that noise

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

buddhanc posted:

:stonk:

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

buddhanc posted:

Hey, hey now. Just people unprepared to handle the situation. Mistakes may have been made, but nothing to be upset about.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Between the chaplain's testimony after talking to both people and the relatively light sentence, it's almost like there could be ambiguities to this case that we don't know anything about.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Frackie Robinson posted:

Between the chaplain's testimony after talking to both people and the relatively light sentence, it's almost like there could be ambiguities to this case that we don't know anything about.

Yeah I wonder how many years he would have gotten if he wasn't a student athlete?

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

That Works posted:

Yeah I wonder how many years he would have gotten if he wasn't a student athlete?

You're severely overestimating how much a random McLennan County jury cares about Baylor football, much less when the defendant is a big scary black man.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

That Works posted:

or if Baylor was a real university and not a backwards institution of a cancerous sect

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Frackie Robinson posted:

Maybe the chaplain shouldn't have taken sides at all, eh?

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Frackie Robinson posted:

You're severely overestimating how much a random McLennan County jury cares about Baylor football, much less when the defendant is a big scary black man.

When football is involved I don't think it's an overestimation at all.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

buddhanc posted:

Maybe the chaplain shouldn't have taken sides at all, eh?

Oh hey, that guy's dad is the interim pastor at my old church. Anyway, reviewing the reports on his testimony, it uh, doesn't look great. But on the other hand, it's possible that he just can't reconcile the impression this guy has made on him with whatever he was told happened. I don't know.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Frackie Robinson posted:

The cases of Jameis Winston and Lizzie Seeburg beg heavily to differ.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
dont worry Comet will help find the real rapists right after he finishes refuting the Freeh Report

Jerome Agricola
Apr 11, 2010

Seriously,

who dat?

Frackie Robinson posted:

Oh poo poo, I thought you were being facetious in this thread before. Jesus christ.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

Frackie Robinson posted:

yor a loving idiot jackass......its astounding to me

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

v2vian man posted:

yor a loving idiot jackass......its astounding to me

Baylor's not even my team, I just want to assume the best about people. Maybe I'm crazy, but I can't bring myself to believe that administrators, chaplains, and a full jury are all conspiring to try to get a player who doesn't even matter from getting in trouble for rape so they can increase Baylor's win expectancy by 0.15 games or something. Even in a post-Sandusky world, maybe especially in a post-Sandusky world, that seems insane to me.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Frackie Robinson posted:

Baylor's not even my team, I just want to assume the best about people. Maybe I'm crazy, but I can't bring myself to believe that administrators, chaplains, and a full jury are all conspiring to try to get a player who doesn't even matter from getting in trouble for rape because he might have been worth 0.15 wins this year or something. Even in a post-Sandusky world, maybe especially in a post-Sandusky world, that seems insane to me.

Yet you forget that in the post-Sandusky world punishments were rolled back and people still want JoePas statue returned. If anything that (and living in Texas) has basically led me to always assume that athletes will be catered to, covered for and protected then disposed once they can no longer play.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Frackie Robinson posted:

Baylor's not even my team, I just want to assume the best about people. Maybe I'm crazy, but I can't bring myself to believe that administrators, chaplains, and a full jury are all conspiring to try to get a player who doesn't even matter from getting in trouble for rape so they can increase Baylor's win expectancy by 0.15 games or something. Even in a post-Sandusky world, maybe especially in a post-Sandusky world, that seems insane to me.

lmao

Duckaerobics
Jul 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Frackie Robinson posted:

I don't think there's a conspiracy involving the judges and jury, but more an issue with how most people view acquaintance rape. It seems like a lot of people think the only time someone is actually a "rapist" is if they pull a girl into an ally at knife point.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Frackie Robinson posted:

You should quit while you're ahe- well, just quit

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

He was convicted of rape but based on the sentence I'm sure there's something we don't know

Perhaps the degree to which she may or may not have been asking for it

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
"and you say you'd been drinking on the night in question" *rape victim nods* *officer robinson tears up case file while shaking his head sadly*

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Jerome Agricola posted:

Oh poo poo, I thought you were being facetious in this thread before. Jesus christ.

He's a Texas A&M fan. What do you expect?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Thoguh posted:

He's a Texas A&M fan. What do you expect?

:rolleyes:

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year

That Works posted:

Yet you forget that in the post-Sandusky world punishments were rolled back and people still want JoePas statue returned.

And then they hired James loving Franklin. What a joke.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

v2vian man posted:

"and you say you'd been drinking on the night in question" *rape victim nods* *officer robinson tears up case file while shaking his head sadly*

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
This is my favorite thread

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

kittenmittons posted:

And then they hired James loving Franklin. What a joke.

'We need to find us a guy who will take action when he learns about someone in the program committing rape'

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Thoguh posted:

'We need to find us a guy who will take action when he learns about someone in the program committing rape'

Looking the other way is an action.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
I find it hard to believe that a systematic injustice could have occurred, cite one time other than all of them where it's happened before

• Locked thread