Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

kittenmittons posted:

And then they hired James loving Franklin. What a joke.

Potential football coaches that have covered up a sexual crime:

- all of them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Detroit_Dogg posted:

This is my favorite thread

Mine too.

I think the point I've been circling around every time one of these scandals comes up for the past several years is that this idea that football players tend to get preferential treatment from the law strikes me as received wisdom. When player after player gets off without punishment for this kind of thing, the media asks why it is football players always seem to get away with it. It's a fair question, but their scope is too small. The problem isn't that football players are never brought to justice for rape, it's that by and large nobody is ever brought to justice for rape. How many countless nobodies that we've never heard of have gone through the same joke of a system and slipped through the cracks in the same fashion? Whether the culprit is Jameis Winston or Joe Blow, rape is a really difficult thing to prove, and we live in a society that doesn't really want to think about it. Sure, maybe when it's a football player a few people may want to think about it a little less, but I think for the large part our focus on the sports element of these stories is missing the forest for the trees.

Now I'll hang up and let you talk Pawlll. I like the way I've posted as poster, a fan, and a human being.

General Dog fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Aug 25, 2015

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year

Sash! posted:

Potential football coaches that have covered up a sexual crime:

- all of them

Welp, I guess we're done here. Close thread.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

kittenmittons posted:

Welp, I guess we're done here. Close thread.

And its worse the more successful they are.

Saban probably covered up a whole sex trafficking ring

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Sash! posted:

And its worse the more successful they are.

Saban probably covered up a whole sex trafficking ring

man i spend like a year saying "haha ok sometimes he deserves it but stop making sandusky jokes at Sash all the time" and now you decide to post in this thread about my coach

you're as despicable as your child-rape covering pants-making GBS threads sexist piece of poo poo deservedly dead coach

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Gauntlet status: thrown down.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Frackie Robinson posted:

Baylor's not even my team, I just want to assume the best about people. Maybe I'm crazy, but I can't bring myself to believe that administrators, chaplains, and a full jury are all conspiring to try to get a player who doesn't even matter from getting in trouble for rape so they can increase Baylor's win expectancy by 0.15 games or something. Even in a post-Sandusky world, maybe especially in a post-Sandusky world, that seems insane to me.

So by trying to assume the best about "people", you choose to assume a rape victim lied, right? That can't be right, can it? If it is, does it feel a bit sick to you?

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Raku posted:

man i spend like a year saying "haha ok sometimes he deserves it but stop making sandusky jokes at Sash all the time" and now you decide to post in this thread about my coach

you're as despicable as your child-rape covering pants-making GBS threads sexist piece of poo poo deservedly dead coach

Hey, I said probably not definitely is.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Sash! posted:

Hey, I said probably not definitely is.

Your new coach also covered up a rape and your QB is about to be drafted 1st overall next january because his contacts let him know who at ESPN has sex with children

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Yea man every one is doing it right guys? Guys?

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
I hope Sumlin isn't but for all I know there's a beastiality ring here yes that's a dogfucking joke.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

The defense rests.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I'm not an Aggie FYI but that was a pretty terrible post regardless of A&M's idiotic traditions

Intruder fucked around with this message at 07:36 on Aug 25, 2015

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Thoguh posted:

The defense rests.

loving cadet freshmen, they do whatever they're told.

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

Thoguh posted:

The defense rests.

This is actually a gif of the senior cadet asking the freshmen what to do if they ever want to sexually assault someone.

Correct procedure: cover your junk, get real close to your friends, and scream "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA"

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Looks like ESPN's Outside the Lines is in Waco, looking for a story.

Zifnab
Aug 21, 2005

Hope Springs Eternal
Muschamp "wouldn't take" Ukwuachu at Florida

This quote seems pretty telling:

quote:

Sports Illustrated reported Tuesday that in May 2013, Florida "considered taking" former Boise State defensive Sam Ukwuachu on a transfer, but decided against it after being told of Ukwuachu's violent relationship with his girlfriend by Broncos officials.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Democratic Pirate posted:

This is actually a gif of the senior cadet asking the freshmen what to do if they ever want to sexually assault someone.

Correct procedure: cover your junk, get real close to your friends, and scream "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA"

A fool proof strategy if I've ever seen one

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Boise State says that Ukwuachu wasn't kicked out for being violent toward women. Won't say what he was kicked out for.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide

Ha-ha holy moly

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

hahaha when Will loving Muschamp says "nah we're good. this guy is too lovely of a person for my liking" you must really be a god awful piece of poo poo

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

sportsgenius86 posted:

hahaha when Will loving Muschamp says "nah we're good. this guy is too lovely of a person for my liking" you must really be a god awful piece of poo poo

Seriously, goddamn :stare:

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

sportsgenius86 posted:

Eh, the Florida D wasn't the problem under Muschamp anyway.

All I'm saying is that if Ukwauchu could play under center, he'd have been in orange/blue.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Chilichimp posted:

All I'm saying is that if Ukwauchu could play under center, he'd have been in orange/blue.

you could say this about pretty much anyone

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

sportsgenius86 posted:

you could say this about pretty much anyone

Depends on program need, and Muschamp needed a loving QB to save his job.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Chilichimp posted:

Depends on program need, and Muschamp needed a loving QB to save his job.

This is off topic for this thread but Muschamp actually thought he had the pieces he needed, it's amazing how clueless he is about offense. After he was fired he specifically talked about how much talent he was leaving behind, and McElwain is like 'I only have 7 scholarship offensive linemen, wtf Will?'

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Bumping this as ESPN's OTL on Baylor just came out. New allegations. Burn it to the ground.

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_...alleged-victims

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

kayakyakr posted:

Bumping this as ESPN's OTL on Baylor just came out. New allegations. Burn it to the ground.

Goddamnit

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

kayakyakr posted:

Jesus Christ

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

"Would not comment on the scandal"

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

"When you saw only one pair of footprints, that was when Art Briles covered up the tracks for your rapist" - Jesus

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
don't ruin Spiritus Nox's weekend with this

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Burnt orange media conspiracy IMO

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

Baylor is an absolutely grotesque organization.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Again, in our rush to judgement let's remember that Baylor's failure to properly take care of the victims interests doesn't necessarily mean that they did so to protect the football team. Sometimes incompetence is just incompetence.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Frackie Robinson posted:

Again, in our rush to judgement let's remember that Baylor's failure to properly take care of the victims interests doesn't necessarily mean that they did so to protect the football team. Sometimes incompetence is just incompetence.

Even if this is true, so loving what? Go away.

Duckaerobics
Jul 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Frackie Robinson posted:

To be fair the article says one athlete was reported for sexual assault six times before he was removed from school (because he was convicted).

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

You know, having read the article I really don't have a good defense any more, I guess I've just got to admit that the amount of enjoyment I get watching the team outweighs the amount that this actually bothers me. I'm going to go ahead and forfeit my right to discuss this matter any further, because I'm unable to look at it objectively.

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE
Can we give Baylor the death penalty and replace them with Hosuton?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE
Not because of this issue in particular I just hate Baylor

• Locked thread