Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

Truth Don't Lie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005
lets hire Tom Freaking Brady baby! peyton manning for coach.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Good, gently caress him.

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners

Intruder posted:

(please don't let Baylor hire Tom Herman)

Baylor is probably too toxic for Herman

PyPy
Sep 13, 2004

by vyelkin
And just like the Catholic priest pedophilia scandals, a religious institution is behind one of the most heinous cover-ups in the modern era.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

PyPy posted:

And just like the Catholic priest pedophilia scandals, a religious institution is behind one of the most heinous cover-ups in the modern era.

Maybe cancer atheist guy was on to something

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Give the death penalty to Baylor, to anyone who plays at Baylor, to anyone who played at Baylor, to anyone who went to Baylor, and to anyone who ever watched Baylor football play.

I thought about Baylor football in writing this post, I'll be up against the wall in five minutes, bring me a blindfold and a cigarette.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

surrender posted:

As a University of Houston fan, let me say thahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

This is certainly a heck of a reaction to the systematic cover up of multiple allegations of sexual assault

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

C. Everett Koop posted:

Give the death penalty to Baylor, to anyone who plays at Baylor, to anyone who played at Baylor, to anyone who went to Baylor, and to anyone who ever watched Baylor football play.

I thought about Baylor football in writing this post, I'll be up against the wall in five minutes, bring me a blindfold and a cigarette.

Rg3 started the culture Shanahan figured this out it all makes sense now

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
You showed him good, MV

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD

MourningView posted:

This is certainly a heck of a reaction to the systematic cover up of multiple allegations of sexual assault

u are the posting equivalent of a wet sock

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
welcome back to obscurity baylor

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies
So Baylor's had a murder scandal and a rape scandal. Up next, an arson scandal. (Someone should burn Baylor to the ground is what I'm saying)

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

PyPy posted:

And in the secular field we have the entire British government and whatever disturbing poo poo we all know Elon Musk is into.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

ChickenMedium posted:

So Baylor's had a murder scandal and a rape scandal. Up next, an arson scandal. (Someone should burn Baylor to the ground is what I'm saying)

It's been done.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

Roasted Donut posted:

welcome back to obscurity baylor

You realize for you to be saying this you have to be residing in obscurity. Surely, you have owned yourself

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
God drat am I ever glad that we didn't hire Art Briles. What a loving lowlife.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

v2vian man posted:

You realize for you to be saying this you have to be residing in obscurity. Surely, you have owned yourself

no poo poo dummy

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE
kick them out of the big 12.. not because this shite is vile. but because they are baylor

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

KIM JONG TRILL posted:

kick them out of the big 12.. not because this shite is vile. but because they are baylor

I'm down.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

ChickenMedium posted:

You realize TCU used to be located in Waco before a MYSTERIOUS FIRE burnt the school down a few years after Baylor moved there, right?

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

We might finally have a hint into the true depravity of Baylor now

https://twitter.com/theDudeofWV/status/735915716554182657

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

pillsburysoldier posted:

We knew things were bad in Texas, but not so bad that America's own sport would be played for money, instead of joy and glory to god. Heaven forfend!

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

pillsburysoldier posted:

Just a grain of salt post: that guy is well known to throw random poo poo at the wall. every once in a while, he finds a nut, but most of the time, he's been completely full of poo poo.

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

I went to Baylor from 02-08. There are a lot more people that need to be fired. Baylor hasn't released the full report for a reason. There is definitely more and worse things to come. I've been publicly calling for Briles and Starr to be fired for a while now and all of my Baylor friends on facebook have been mostly silent or taking a wait and see approach. I was pleasantly surprised today that most of them ended up backing the moves, but I've seen nobody but one out of a couple of hundred call for more. A few are still defending Briles and Starr which I don't understand how that is possible after what Baylor has already admitted to.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

D-Pad posted:

I went to Baylor from 02-08. There are a lot more people that need to be fired. Baylor hasn't released the full report for a reason. There is definitely more and worse things to come. I've been publicly calling for Briles and Starr to be fired for a while now and all of my Baylor friends on facebook have been mostly silent or taking a wait and see approach. I was pleasantly surprised today that most of them ended up backing the moves, but I've seen nobody but one out of a couple of hundred call for more. A few are still defending Briles and Starr which I don't understand how that is possible after what Baylor has already admitted to.

My understanding is that they're not going to release (or even officially file) a full report in order to keep the findings under protection of attorney-client privilege. Because there are definitely more lawsuits coming.

I don't know if that's how it actually works, but it's what I read somewhere.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
If axing the football team would stave off the inevitable avalanche of lawsuits and the DoJ investigation the BoR would have done it yesterday. They really don't have many options at this point.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

what happens if someone walks up to a college player and puts money in their back pants pocket and says i just paid you for playing ball you son of a bitch. DO They get in trouble

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Cavauro posted:

what happens if someone walks up to a college player and puts money in their back pants pocket and says i just paid you for playing ball you son of a bitch. DO They get in trouble

Yes.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Cavauro posted:

do you consider playing for Auburn trouble

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD

Cavauro posted:

are you Cam Newton before this happens? Then no.

anyone else? spread your cheeks

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
I've considered getting a graduate degree from Alabama just so I can commit and document violations.

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD

JesustheDarkLord posted:

I've considered getting a graduate degree from Alabama just so I can commit and document violations.

make sure to turn them in on napkins

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

JesustheDarkLord posted:

I'm afraid you wouldn't be able to last long enough as butt chugging is against the student conduct policies

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

JesustheDarkLord posted:

Don't even need to do that. Just donate $50 to Alabama athletics and now you're permanently a booster.

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
Somehow I am less willing to do that

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
The Baylor S&C staff was all fired. Speculation is that is related to the cryptic line in the summary report stating that Baylor's drug policy is not up to the standards that it needs to be.

Rumor is that Kendall Briles resigned last night, but no confirmation on that.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Cavauro posted:

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/ncf/news/story?id=5827657

quote:

CORVALLIS, Ore. -- Southern California freshman tailback Dillon Baxter has been ruled ineligible to compete for the Trojans because he solicited a ride in a golf cart on USC's campus from an NFLPA-certified agent Thursday in violation of NCAA rules concerning extra benefits, school officials confirmed Saturday.
The agent, Teague Egan, is the CEO of 1st Round Enterprises, a company that represents multiple recording artists and lists itself as a provider of sports representation. Egan is also currently a student at USC, according to official school records.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

If you don't stop the free golf cart rides then it could quickly escalate to receiving too many good vibes, winks, and shared "i acknowledge that we are looking at eachother" nods

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 19:05 on May 28, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD

Cavauro posted:

If you don't stop the free golf cart rides then it could quickly escalate to receiving too many good vibes, winks, and shared "i acknowledge that we are looking at eachother" nods

the ncaa has stopped players from auctioning jerseys for charity before

• Locked thread