Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
:siren: Breaking: :siren: Tennessee booster recorded paying incoming freshman receiver a complement. Sanctions are pending.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
JIM GROBE NO :smith:

That said if ever there was a guy you wanna hire to say "we're not lovely people now", from what I can tell Coach Grobe is pretty high on the list.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

If I had a daughter, I'd never let her attend school at a university with a major sports program. Or a son for that matter.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

C. Everett Koop posted:

Give the death penalty to Baylor, to anyone who plays at Baylor, to anyone who played at Baylor, to anyone who went to Baylor, and to anyone who ever watched Baylor football play.

I thought about Baylor football in writing this post, I'll be up against the wall in five minutes, bring me a blindfold and a cigarette.

Lol, a school would have o be caught supporting terrorism to get the Death Penalty at this point. And even then I'd have my doubts.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

SirPhoebos posted:

If I had a daughter, I'd never let her attend school at a university with a major sports program. Or a son for that matter.

I think that's a bad idea

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

The AD just resigned

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

SirPhoebos posted:

Smaller schools are just as bad.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Harvard Law School has a bad rape problem too

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Some firings that are not-yet public

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/big12/2016/05/31/baylor-sexual-assault-scandal-football-staffers-fired/85217296/

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

some shithead sports talk guy in Detroit is leading off the next run of victim blaming

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

lol he's wearing a Yankees jersey for his Detroit Sports pic

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Chidingly offering advice to someone who's already been victimized isn't really a good idea.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

I had no idea 105.1 had changed formats 'til now. Mission accomplished, I guess.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/738043306509271044

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I'm still trying to wrap my head around how both he and the AD originally survived long enough to resign.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Ken Starr is calling his resignation "a matter of conscience"

Ken Starr, conscience...uhh...

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Grittybeard posted:

I'm still trying to wrap my head around how both he and the AD originally survived long enough to resign.

They may have been asked not to until arrangements were made to delegate their responsibilities and such. It still very much is a small school and there likely aren't a lot of redundancies that can easily absorb their now-vacant jobs quickly.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

pillsburysoldier posted:

They may have been asked not to until arrangements were made to delegate their responsibilities and such. It still very much is a small school and there likely aren't a lot of redundancies that can easily absorb their now-vacant jobs quickly.

Yeah, there are still tons of walking dead, it just hasn't been announced so the day to day functions don't get hosed.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
That and when you get to that level of responsibility it's not as simple as a pink slip or a meeting with HR. Everyone has to get their legal britches on and exit fees/golden parachutes/what have you need to be negotiated. Briles probably has been suspended and not outright fired because Baylor wants to terminate him with cause, instead of "here's your money go away forever."

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
A dude with a Baylor hat and jersey is the top comment on this story on Facebook and he is just lighting everyone up saying they're biased and praising Starr for whistle blowing lol

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
Ken Starr did an interview with ESPN. Things did not go well.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
What are the odds that NCAA vacates any of Briles' wins? Still pretty low, right?

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Zurreco posted:

What are the odds that NCAA vacates any of Briles' wins? Still pretty low, right?

I hope they try just to make more shitheads out themselves as such.

Duckaerobics
Jul 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
7 Baylor incoming freshman currently asking to be released from their NLI.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://twitter.com/julianturquidez/status/738157892818194432

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Jubs posted:

holy poo poo :stare:

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Jubs posted:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Briles released a statement that basically says nothing

quote:

Baylor Nation:

My heart goes out to the victims for the pain that they have endured. Sexual assault has no place on our campus or in our society. As a father of two daughters, a grandfather, and a husband, my prayers are with the victims of this type of abuse, wherever they are. After 38 years of coaching, I have certainly made mistakes and, in hindsight, I would have done certain things differently. I always strive to be a better coach, a better father and husband, and a better person.

Keep in mind, the complete scope of what happened here has not been disclosed and unfortunately at this time I am contractually obligated to remain silent on the matter. The report prepared by Pepper Hamilton, the law firm hired and paid for by Baylor’s Board of Regents, has not been shared with me directly, despite my full cooperation with the investigation. I can only assume that the report, which is not independent, supports the conclusions that the Board has already drawn. I hope to share with you what I was aware of as soon as I can so Baylor Nation can begin the healing process.

I have the utmost admiration for Baylor University, its community, and its important mission. I am truly grateful for having the chance to coach hundreds of young student athletes at this University. I am deeply humbled for having had the opportunity to be a part of Baylor Nation.

Coach Art Briles

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
SO HEARTFELT

PENTHOUSE OF MORALITY

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
An investigation is called out as biased towards the Board of Regents by a shamed coach

where have I heard this before

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
When Ken loving Starr is able to cite "conscience" as his reason to resign, your administration has well and truly lost it. Whether he meant it or not, it makes Baylor look completely inept and unable to clean house properly. What a poo poo-show.

Sir Plus
Jan 16, 2008

Ain't easy looking this eggstraordinary.

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

How does this keep getting worse?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Sir Plus posted:

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

Wow no wonder Clinton got away with saying hummers don't count

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Sir Plus posted:

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

jesus

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

quote:

The subject line is “I Was Raped at Baylor,”

that could mean anything!

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Wow no wonder Clinton got away with saying hummers don't count

they don't :colbert:

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Sir Plus posted:

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

Because a bunch of incompetent people in charge of a university who did not give a poo poo about their responsibilities are now tasked with explaining that and failing over and over again because they're incompetent.

Ken Starr is the McCown of lawyering.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Sir Plus posted:

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

To be fair to Starr "I was raped at Baylor" could have meant anything! It could be referring to Sallie Mae repayments, or a violent rape by a non-Baylor person the victim invited onto the campus, or really anything. It didn't have to mean rape rape. It could be anything.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Chichevache posted:

To be fair to Starr "I was raped at Baylor" could have meant anything! It could be referring to Sallie Mae repayments, or a violent rape by a non-Baylor person the victim invited onto the campus, or really anything. It didn't have to mean rape rape. It could be anything.

There is also a chance the sender could have been a guy, and then the Paterno defense comes into play.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Dude if I had to respond to every rape email received in my work email id barely get anything done

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Sir Plus posted:

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

It all depends on what you think the word "I" is?

• Locked thread