Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005
Name one bad thing baylors even done. Arrest and jail our only accidental rapist? Criminally prosecute our terrible leader Bill Clinton?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

Sir Plus posted:

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

How does this keep getting worse?

Bungled blank bombards Brazos Bruins' beleaguered boss

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
I feel like we've graduated to full blown debacle at this point.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
Crossposting from the Horrible Football Posts thread:

quote:

God wants us to win football games. He forgives sin and mistakes and he detests pious message board posts. It's very possible (and I think likely) Briles and our team is being sacrificed by misguided individuals who actually believe winning is "nice" but not important. Baylor being kicked out of Power 5 status will create a downward spiral of irrelevance both in the sports world and every other world. This could have been handled where we do right by God without concerning itself with the anti-Christian media but the BOR decided that to do right by God they had to do right by ESPN. Huge mistake that will cost us millions and jeopardizes our relevance.

I don't know you [Poster] and I imagine you are a great Godly man who desires to be even greater but this Football doesn't matter as much as our image concept is harmful and at the root of self destructive and unfixable snap decisions.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets
I hope that's parody. Because holy poo poo.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Sir Plus posted:

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

I am so happy that news station gave them a huge gently caress YOU and released all of the behind the scenes interview footage.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Baylor message board seems to think gang rapes are in play

http://www.baylorfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=307759

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005
So when this is all fake and made up like those duke guys are we gonna get our CHAMPS back and our POWER 5 conf back?? No. Further proof of the hillary/ut/ou conspiracy.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Sir Plus posted:

If Penn State taught us anything, it's that there's always more and it's always worse.

pillsburysoldier posted:

Baylor message board seems to think gang rapes are in play

http://www.baylorfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=307759

Case in point :stare:

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005
It was only rape cause one party wasnt thinking long term. Potential money, champs, nfl draft money, superbowls?? All that was possible

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

186 posted:

If Penn State taught us anything, it's that there's always more and it's always worse.

Case in point :stare:

I remember telling people when the Penn State thing started that PSU wasn''t unique and that every fanbase was terrible and it would just take a similar controversy to bring it out

I stand justified.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

anne frank fanfic posted:

It was only rape cause one party wasnt thinking long term. Potential money, champs, nfl draft money, superbowls?? All that was possible

Ok, I think the schtick has gone on long enough.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

anne frank fanfic posted:

Could we get a post about how the Houston Rockets are currently up 1-0 in the NBA Finals instead?

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Sir Plus posted:

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

Take a guess what that Republican PR advisor, Merrie Spaeth, was also hired to do.

quote:

Former NFL player Craig James hired Spaeth Communications to advise on the alleged mistreatment of his son, AJ, a Texas Tech football player. Mike Leach was later dismissed by Texas Tech and he later sued Spaeth Communications, Texas Tech, and ESPN.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I remember telling people when the Penn State thing started that PSU wasn''t unique and that every fanbase was terrible and it would just take a similar controversy to bring it out

I stand justified.

This is why I hate all teams

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

You were the best

at ignoring the rapes.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I wondered if the website had a place to leave comments. It does not, which might be really smart.

Although it looks like it was set up by someone who doesn't understand how the internet works, so maybe it's just luck.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

has ken starr never waved in his life or what

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
TO WAVE IN HUMAN GREETING

Prepare rictus
Engorge neck folds
Raise claw

drunk leprechaun
May 7, 2007
sobriety is for the weak and the stupid

v2vian man posted:

has ken starr never waved in his life or what

He's actually doing the Baylor bear paw hand sign thing. Not well mind you, but that's what he's trying to accomplish.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

v2vian man posted:

Prepare rictus
Engorge neck folds
Raise claw

:laffo:

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Hahaha raise claw got me

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Kalli posted:

You were the best

at ignoring the rapes.

I hate alumni.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

v2vian man posted:

Prepare rictus
Engorge neck folds
Raise claw

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://twitter.com/SInow/status/739856072240988161

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
They really have the dumbest PR people in the world advising them.

JUST RIP THE BANDAID OFF

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

NC-17 posted:

They really have the dumbest PR people in the world advising them.

JUST RIP THE BANDAID OFF

My guess, the fallout from whatever is in that report would be worse than the fallout of them not releasing the report.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam
Is there anyway the report doesn't end up getting released anyway? I would imagine the future lawsuits will want a look.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

186 posted:

Is there anyway the report doesn't end up getting released anyway? I would imagine the future lawsuits will want a look.

I agree. This is the kind of thing that ends up getting out one way (legal maneuverings) or another (leaked). Just put it out there. Their refusal also means everyone is now imagining all the horrible things that may or may not have happened - but probably did.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

NC-17 posted:

I agree. This is the kind of thing that ends up getting out one way (legal maneuverings) or another (leaked). Just put it out there. Their refusal also means everyone is now imagining all the horrible things that may or may not have happened - but probably did.

Yeah, at this point not releasing the report is a bigger condemnation than the contents could provide, especially since victims have come forward saying they were never interviewed for the report.

Cnidario
Mar 22, 2013

jfc this just keeps getting weirder and weirder. so many inane decisions with little to no grounding in reality

So that means it's par for the course for a Baptist institution

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
I'll get bingo if Ken Starr either comes out as a slavery denier or if he randomly comes down with something terminal à la Paterno.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Zurreco posted:

I'll get bingo if Ken Starr either comes out as a slavery denier or if he randomly comes down with something terminal à la Paterno.

It'll be that he was having an affair during the Clinton impeachment debacle.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Sometimes I wonder if Paterno didn't kill himself, like Rommel did.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Sash! posted:

Sometimes I wonder if Paterno didn't kill himself, like Rommel did.

Paterno died on a Sunday, and if it was his choice, you know he wouldn't have wanted to disturb anyone's weekend...

Numlock
May 19, 2007

The simplest seppo on the forums

Neil Armbong posted:

Yeah, at this point not releasing the report is a bigger condemnation than the contents could provide, especially since victims have come forward saying they were never interviewed for the report.

They probably have a long chain of emails where they talk in great detail about how to drug female students so that players can have their way with them so they don't remember and file pesky police reports about their rapes.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
loving Baptists, man.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://twitter.com/schadjoe/status/740259334215589890
https://mobile.twitter.com/schadjoe/status/740260516359081984
https://twitter.com/schadjoe/status/740260976474378242

Lebby is the rb/passing game coach

pillsburysoldier fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Jun 7, 2016

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Definitely bruised up if this pic is the real thing:

https://twitter.com/schadjoe/status/740260142789361665?ref_src=twsrc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

That Baylor forum is pretty easy pickings for this stuff

quote:

And yet another loser who can't hold down a job since graduation looking for a free payday. Sorry but those bruises could have happened anywhere if you didn't go to a hospital or the police. Just happen to "save the pics" for the right opportunity.....geez.

• Locked thread