Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
😳

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

“He’ll be back. It’s his first offense in over a four-year period, and he had some bad judgment, just like a lot of us do. He picked a bad time to do it. … It’s about representing yourself, your family, the Baylor community and making wise decisions. He’s remorseful, but there will also be some punishment phases that go along with the remorse.”

- Briles, when Chafin got picked up for weed this past March

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

quote:

Heh, just HAPPENED to have that bathing suit on? Yeah right.

Furthermore

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

AsInHowe posted:

Paterno died on a Sunday, and if it was his choice, you know he wouldn't have wanted to disturb anyone's weekend...

He did it on the best possible day, planning and funeral is done during the week at that point...

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
I do not understand the propensity in certain individuals to just flatly disbelieve victims of abuse...

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I have no clue how anyone does it, to be honest.

It's what makes the women who lie about it so detestable, because they perpetuate these dumb shits who don't even give the girl the benefit of the doubt

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
It's a twisted version of "innocent until proven guilty."

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
gently caress i was just assaulted. ow that hurts physically and emotionally

now where'd i put that checklist of poo poo i gotta do in order to satisfy the doubts of football likers

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
Amazing.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

That thread actually gives me a little hope because there are a ton of people trashing the people with these viewpoints. Happy to see its not an echo chamber.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

AAA DOLFAN posted:

I have no clue how anyone does it, to be honest.

It's what makes the women who lie about it so detestable, because they perpetuate these dumb shits who don't even give the girl the benefit of the doubt

Like I know these people exist but I can't comprehend how a person fakes being raped

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
God I hate that you phrased it that way because now I'm picturing a tv show where a girl Jams a broomstick in herself and claims rape and I straight up can't remember what it was

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

AAA DOLFAN posted:

God I hate that you phrased it that way because now I'm picturing a tv show where a girl Jams a broomstick in herself and claims rape and I straight up can't remember what it was

The Shield had a woman do it with a bottle, but she was a mentally ill crazy person, if that helps. And she made up an unbelievable suspect that she could never identify.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Chichevache posted:

The Shield had a woman do it with a bottle, but she was a mentally ill crazy person, if that helps. And she made up an unbelievable suspect that she could never identify.

THATS IT

It was driving me insane not remembering that.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

AAA DOLFAN posted:

THATS IT

It was driving me insane not remembering that.

On the bright side, she never actually accuses anyone. She just makes a claim that a rape happened. That is at least in line with what the mentally ill do when they make fake claims. :unsmith:

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
That show was such a fun ride. Holy hell did I have to pick up my jaw at least 3 times a season

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

EE's asking for releases now

https://mobile.twitter.com/GigEm247/status/740599917136084993

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
It used to take a plane crash to blow up a program like this, but in today's wussy-run bullshit states of gaymerica, a few girls lie about getting molested and it's a lost decade. - some baylor fan, probably

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Metapod posted:

Like I know these people exist but I can't comprehend how a person fakes being raped

Same as anyone that lies about anything else, I suppose. Or use the Costanza method.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
https://twitter.com/KCENrissa/status/740691412459630592

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

This dude's been posting a lot of stuff the past couple days about Baylor, like Starr bringing down the hammer on people caught for weed and not on the other stuff

https://twitter.com/Danderson1125/status/740387976916533248

https://twitter.com/TwittCommit/status/740388253753171971

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
No source, no evidence, no problem

Numlock
May 19, 2007

The simplest seppo on the forums

v2vian man posted:

No source, no evidence, no problem

Is that Baylors new fight song?

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Numlock posted:

Is that Baylors new fight song?

Might as well be, since the saints ain't marchin in there anymore.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/06/10/another-day-another-disturbing-situation-surfaces-at-baylor/

quote:

Faulk’s departure has angered Jeff Sims, a former assistant at Florida Atlantic and the former head coach at Garden City. Sims, who coached Faulk at both schools, says Baylor is trying to rid itself of anyone who has had an allegation made against him, true or not. And he’s disturbed by something he said new Baylor interim coach Jim Grobe told him when he called to ask why Faulk’s status on the team was in jeopardy over the alleged April incident.

“Grobe says to me, ‘Listen, if he just leaves, he can go on, and we won’t stop him from playing anywhere, and this investigation will stop.'” Flabbergasted at the notion a sexual assault investigation might disappear if an accused player were to leave the team, Sims said he pressed Grobe, but Grobe struggled to be more specific before implying that Baylor administrators had made him remove the player from the team.

“To me, that’s the whole reason they got in trouble — either Jeremy’s innocent, and they should go through the process, and he should get his scholarship back and play. Or he’s guilty, and this girl should get some justice,” Sims said.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

welp

Death Penalty

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
https://twitter.com/TwittCommit/status/741439214198214658?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

What the gently caress Baylor. Do you not get this?

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
That can't be true.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

swickles posted:

That can't be true.

This guy has been fairly well connected this whole time. I seriously won't put it past Baylor to try this.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
If that is even remotely true how does that program not get the death penalty?

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug
This somehow continues to get worse. Like, they keep making it worse on top of new information getting out.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Mike_V posted:

They did give Paterno back his wins, and unless they have since amended penalizing tolerance of criminal conduct, they may not want to step in.

Besides, they probably should be way more concerned about Title IX and any relevant federal investigations

HypnoCabbage
Oct 26, 2007
Cheap as hell since 1971.

Mike_V posted:

Not sure about the death penalty, but it might well force the NCAA's hand into pushing through an investigation into Briles to try to get him show caused quickly.

Also, apparently the Baylor BOR is under the impression that any publicity is good publicity. If I were alumni, I'd want every single one of those turds on the curb before they run the whole drat university into the ground. Did they learn NOTHING from Pony Excess?

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
This is one of those things where I want them to do it just to see the reaction, even though objectively it is a wrong and stupid thing to do.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Raku posted:

welp

Death Penalty

My understanding is that the dismissal was due to allegations of something that happened at FAU before he came to Baylor. In which case they're correct, once they wash their hands of him, what he did at FAU is no longer their problem.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

Toilet Mouth posted:

My understanding is that the dismissal was due to allegations of something that happened at FAU before he came to Baylor. In which case they're correct, once they wash their hands of him, what he did at FAU is no longer their problem.

It's more about the part where Jim Grobe (guy who was brought in to clean this poo poo up) insinuates that an investigation into sexual assault at Baylor will go away as long as Faulk goes to any other school

Veshpo
May 23, 2016

rebel1608 posted:

It's more about the part where Jim Grobe (guy who was brought in to clean this poo poo up) insinuates that an investigation into sexual assault at Baylor will go away as long as Faulk goes to any other school

quote:

“Grobe says to me, ‘Listen, if he just leaves, he can go on, and we won’t stop him from playing anywhere, and this investigation will stop.'”

He's telling the coach, who's concerned about his former player, that Baylor's investigation of him will end when he leaves and he will be able to go on with no further prying or damage to his reputation. Of course the damage is pretty much done at this point, and if he's actually innocent they've really hosed him over, but that's how I interpret what he's recounting from Grobe.

edit: oops, accidentally posted with my parachute

Veshpo fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Jun 11, 2016

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

Veshpo posted:

He's telling the coach, who's concerned about his former player, that Baylor's investigation of him will end when he leaves and he will be able to go on with no further prying or damage to his reputation. Of course the damage is pretty much done at this point, and if he's actually innocent they've really hosed him over, but that's how I interpret what he's recounting from Grobe.

edit: oops, accidentally posted with my parachute

Yeah, precisely. Grobe is saying they'll stop an investigation into a sexual assault to protect a football player's reputation which is exactly what got them in trouble in the first place

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

rebel1608 posted:

Yeah, precisely. Grobe is saying they'll stop an investigation into a sexual assault to protect a football player's reputation which is exactly what got them in trouble in the first place

If he's no longer at the school, and the incident didn't occur at Baylor, then why would the continue the investigation?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

Toilet Mouth posted:

If he's no longer at the school, and the incident didn't occur at Baylor, then why would the continue the investigation?

You seem to have missed the bit where he is under investigation for a sexual assault at Baylor in April, in addition to the FAU thing

• Locked thread