Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Frackie Robinson posted:

Between the chaplain's testimony after talking to both people and the relatively light sentence, it's almost like there could be ambiguities to this case that we don't know anything about.

Yeah I wonder how many years he would have gotten if he wasn't a student athlete?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Frackie Robinson posted:

You're severely overestimating how much a random McLennan County jury cares about Baylor football, much less when the defendant is a big scary black man.

When football is involved I don't think it's an overestimation at all.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Frackie Robinson posted:

Baylor's not even my team, I just want to assume the best about people. Maybe I'm crazy, but I can't bring myself to believe that administrators, chaplains, and a full jury are all conspiring to try to get a player who doesn't even matter from getting in trouble for rape because he might have been worth 0.15 wins this year or something. Even in a post-Sandusky world, maybe especially in a post-Sandusky world, that seems insane to me.

Yet you forget that in the post-Sandusky world punishments were rolled back and people still want JoePas statue returned. If anything that (and living in Texas) has basically led me to always assume that athletes will be catered to, covered for and protected then disposed once they can no longer play.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Thoguh posted:

'We need to find us a guy who will take action when he learns about someone in the program committing rape'

Looking the other way is an action.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

kayakyakr posted:

Bumping this as ESPN's OTL on Baylor just came out. New allegations. Burn it to the ground.

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_...alleged-victims

Goddamnit

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

"Would not comment on the scandal"

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

"When you saw only one pair of footprints, that was when Art Briles covered up the tracks for your rapist" - Jesus

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Chilichimp posted:

gently caress the Saints

eat poo poo :mad:

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Ken Starr finally got someone fired for a sex scandal

Nicely done

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Eltoasto posted:

stay classy Briles

Holy gently caress. Source?

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Thanks

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Would be sweet if it was Houston to the Big 12, Baylor to the cornfield.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Mel Mudkiper posted:

And Baylor is in the same situation and trying to burn the evidence

Fire gets rid of problems in Waco

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

General Dog posted:

But Jesus, am I tired of apologizing for these clowns.

Then don't?

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

v2vian man posted:

i miss helldump. look at all of the incredibly stupid poo poo you've posted
god you're an idiot
incredibly stupid victim shaming
proven wrong
what the gently caress
proven wrong. football coaches actively impeded any title ix investigation and your second paragraph is loving laughable

again i wonder if you have a developmental disability

.15 huh. what's the square root of this rape charge

indeed, truely you have been arguing for justice and not for putting your pants on your head and talking about how much you love trains

sign number 3 billion that you should get the gently caress out

ah yes just as you were saying earlier, you believe in people being brought to justice, big time

once again, i don't think your brain loving works

and there we are, full MRA victim-doubting. took you long enough bitch

hey i know you started this thread so it doesn't make sense to tell you to get out, but you need to get the gently caress out right away

:stare:

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

You're OK with victim blaming?

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Chichevache posted:

We tried telling him "no". He just wouldn't listen.

:vince:

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

General Dog posted:

Don't root for Texas

Get out

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Metapod posted:

I believe it was the victims that got the shaft

:stonk:

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

General Dog posted:

Fuckin' bingo

:qq:

Man you seriously want this so bad to be a narrative on "the football kids weren't the cause of everything thus are still defensible" don't you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Anals of History posted:

WSJ commenters twisting themselves into pretzels trying to blame everything at Baylor on liberals.

Just like the OP trying to blame anyone but the people who did the raping.

• Locked thread