Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Duckaerobics
Jul 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Frackie Robinson posted:

Baylor's not even my team, I just want to assume the best about people. Maybe I'm crazy, but I can't bring myself to believe that administrators, chaplains, and a full jury are all conspiring to try to get a player who doesn't even matter from getting in trouble for rape so they can increase Baylor's win expectancy by 0.15 games or something. Even in a post-Sandusky world, maybe especially in a post-Sandusky world, that seems insane to me.

I don't think there's a conspiracy involving the judges and jury, but more an issue with how most people view acquaintance rape. It seems like a lot of people think the only time someone is actually a "rapist" is if they pull a girl into an ally at knife point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duckaerobics
Jul 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Frackie Robinson posted:

Again, in our rush to judgement let's remember that Baylor's failure to properly take care of the victims interests doesn't necessarily mean that they did so to protect the football team. Sometimes incompetence is just incompetence.

To be fair the article says one athlete was reported for sexual assault six times before he was removed from school (because he was convicted).

Duckaerobics
Jul 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
7 Baylor incoming freshman currently asking to be released from their NLI.

Duckaerobics
Jul 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Holy poo poo, their title IX investigation ended with the assault victim being forced to use an alternate exit from class, and needing permission to go to any building outside a designated class time. That is really hosed.

Duckaerobics
Jul 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
There are a bunch of rumors on the Auburn boards that Briles son is going to be the OC at Auburn next year. I really, really hope those are just rumors. I honestly don't see how any team could take on that staff, but I guess people really want to win games.

Duckaerobics
Jul 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I don't think Briles has been to Auburn since he was dismissed, but I know Malzahn was talking shop with him during the spring. The troubling thing to me is that he keeps sending former Baylor players/recruits our way. Hopefully he's telling them that Gus is a good coach, and not "I'll be there next year".

The rumor I've been hearing is his son will replace Lashlee and he will be in an off field position.

I think a lot of it is just people on the internet being stupid, but I wouldn't be super surprised about the son coming and that scares me.

Duckaerobics
Jul 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

186 posted:

Wait, I'm confused. Isn't it a good thing they released someone? Why the hell are both sides trying to not take credit?

So this guy got released back in June. According to him he got a letter saying his withdraw from school was accepted even though he had not attempted to withdraw. He asked if there was a Title IX investigation against him and was told there was not. He apparently was removed for a violation of the school code of conduct. Also his old coach was told that if he transferred there would be no investigation and they would keep it a secret.

They are still doing the same thing they got in trouble for and not investigating sexual assault. They want to hide this/deflect blame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duckaerobics
Jul 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Thoguh posted:

lol, that's real? Because I'm 100% willing to believe that is real.

As far as I know that's what happened. I'm taking that from this ESPN article though and the whole thing is confusing.

Also if there was any question if Baylor was just passing people along and not investigating anything a fourth Title IX lawsuit has been filed.

ESPN posted:

Lozano reported to police on April 11, 2014, that Chafin had grabbed her arm and slammed it against a car, in front of teammates and another witness. She provided photos of bruises on her arm to police. She told police that, weeks earlier, Chafin had grabbed her by the throat and slammed her against a wall, then threw her to the floor and kicked her, according to a police report. In that report, the officer wrote that the woman was uncertain about pressing charges, and no legal action was taken.

Chafin played in nine of 13 games the following season, including the opener. He was charged with marijuana possession in March and suspended by Briles immediately for spring practice before being reinstated to the team.

The lawsuit states that Lozano reported the first alleged assault (on March 6, 2014) to Baylor running backs coach Jeff Lebby, who said he would talk to Chafin about the incident. Prior media reports have said that Lebby admonished Chafin for the incident and assigned him extra work at practice.

ESPN posted:

The lawsuit alleges that Post "completely disregarded" Lozano's complaint and that "no further action was taken by Post, no report was filed, and the incident was disregarded as just another complaint.

Post is the women's athletic director.

He apparently attacked her a third time and slammed her to the ground after all this. He plays at some other school now.

Duckaerobics fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Oct 13, 2016

• Locked thread