Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
The Baylor community did the Christian thing by giving Ukwuachu a second chance in life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Frackie Robinson posted:

Baylor's not even my team, I just want to assume the best about people. Maybe I'm crazy, but I can't bring myself to believe that administrators, chaplains, and a full jury are all conspiring to try to get a player who doesn't even matter from getting in trouble for rape so they can increase Baylor's win expectancy by 0.15 games or something. Even in a post-Sandusky world, maybe especially in a post-Sandusky world, that seems insane to me.

So by trying to assume the best about "people", you choose to assume a rape victim lied, right? That can't be right, can it? If it is, does it feel a bit sick to you?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Ah, I see you must be an alumni of UMAD

:perfect:

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

PyPy posted:

And just like the Catholic priest pedophilia scandals, a religious institution is behind one of the most heinous cover-ups in the modern era.

And in the secular field we have the entire British government and whatever disturbing poo poo we all know Elon Musk is into.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

pillsburysoldier posted:

We might finally have a hint into the true depravity of Baylor now

https://twitter.com/theDudeofWV/status/735915716554182657

We knew things were bad in Texas, but not so bad that America's own sport would be played for money, instead of joy and glory to god. Heaven forfend!

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Sir Plus posted:

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

How does this keep getting worse?

To be fair to Starr "I was raped at Baylor" could have meant anything! It could be referring to Sallie Mae repayments, or a violent rape by a non-Baylor person the victim invited onto the campus, or really anything. It didn't have to mean rape rape. It could be anything.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

v2vian man posted:

TO WAVE IN HUMAN GREETING

Prepare rictus
Engorge neck folds
Raise claw

:laffo:

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

AAA DOLFAN posted:

God I hate that you phrased it that way because now I'm picturing a tv show where a girl Jams a broomstick in herself and claims rape and I straight up can't remember what it was

The Shield had a woman do it with a bottle, but she was a mentally ill crazy person, if that helps. And she made up an unbelievable suspect that she could never identify.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

AAA DOLFAN posted:

THATS IT

It was driving me insane not remembering that.

On the bright side, she never actually accuses anyone. She just makes a claim that a rape happened. That is at least in line with what the mentally ill do when they make fake claims. :unsmith:

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Toilet Mouth posted:

If he's no longer at the school, and the incident didn't occur at Baylor, then why would the continue the investigation?

If he raped a Baylor student then she should probably get some closure.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.
The right thing to do is turn it over to police.

Or it would be if they handled rape cases properly. I guess, maybe, appeal to Anonymous and hope they don't turn on the victim?:shrug:

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

pillsburysoldier posted:

They may still be busy with gamergate and Anita Sarkeesian but maybe when that's over

Well it sounds like America needs a new hero. Visit my go fund me and help support my vigilante cause.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

AAA DOLFAN posted:

gently caress dude you're disgusting

Wait, because I joked that I want to be the Batman who delivers justice where the law has failed?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Bad Moon posted:

Asking the Texas police to investigate a football player is like asking a Chicago mayor to investigate the unions. They're so in bed with each other they don't mind sharing toothbrushes.

I was talking ideals. If you want pragmatism then my suggestion would be to burn Texas down and start over.

-Posted from my Ivory Tower

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Thermos H Christ posted:

But if the person is no longer a Baylor student, Baylor no longer has any ability to punish that person, so I don't really see why or how a disciplinary process would continue. If the alleged conduct was a violation of the law in addition to being a violation of the school's code of conduct, it's on the police/prosecutors/courts to pursue criminal penalties. Baylor University does not have the authority to investigate crimes and punish people for violations of the law if those people are not Baylor students or employees. If Baylor is in possession of information that may be relevant to the investigation of a crime, they should certainly turn that over to the relevant authorities.

Nobody's saying the crime shouldn't be investigated or that rapists shouldn't be punished, only that Baylor University is not the proper institution to carry it out. Waco PD and the Waco DA's office would seem to be the ones falling down on the job here.

Because the victim is still a student, isn't she?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

pillsburysoldier posted:

Isn't the most Baylor can enforce, by continuing the investigation, a Dear Colleague letter and turning over their findings to the PD?

Well a forward-thinking institution would investigate it just so they could try to learn a lesson from what happened and hopefully try to make important changes.

:monocle:Whoops, I'm not in Creative Convention.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Yeah annihilating an institution for an ethics violation would absolutely make other institutions more willing to admit ethics violations great take

This is a good point, but gently caress Baylor anyway.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

186 posted:

Gonna be awesome when Baylor is forced to release what they know, implicating Briles in whatever. Baylor pays out the rear end in settlements and Briles' new $40m gets spread across the victims.

Don't do this, because it is going to hurt that much more when you are wrong. :smith: My friend Mel said it best:

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Its genuinely incredible how awful this all is

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I don't see how it can't honestly. I don't think the current atmosphere of the country is such that this can be swept under the rug.

I don't doubt a lot will be exposed. I just doubt any of us will consider justice to have been served.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.
Pussification 101:
•Letters of Apology
•Crying During Sad Movies
•Hugging Your Child
•Cats

Featuring a special visit by guest lecturer Dan Shanahan, who will be reading from his upcoming book Bleeding is for Women.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

we have awoken the sleeping ham

This is the Rocky 5 of TFF posting. :golfclap: We thought he'd given up and retired, but here he is slaying another dragon.

Alaois posted:

oh wait i just loving remembered that General Dog is the poster formerly known as Frackie Robinson hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Oh poo poo, now I recognize that terrible posting. :laffo:

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Probably Magic posted:

Much like Baylor athletes, General Dog, maybe you need to learn some things aren't worth it.

We tried telling him "no". He just wouldn't listen.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

pillsburysoldier posted:

The DA is finally asking for the pepper hamilton report

If we've learned anything from watching Baylor it's that asking nicely is unnecessary when you can just take it.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.
But really, this is awesome and I hope the Pepper Hamilton report is made public.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

General Dog posted:

Yeah, but if the DA is sniffing around now there's the possibility of a court order (maybe, you probably know the law more than me), then it's going to be an important distinction whether if basically did it (i.e., boxed boxed the investigation materials up somewhere) or if they literally shredded them.

I'm starting to wonder if you're actually on the Board of Regents.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

anne frank fanfic posted:

ok, i was all for supporting the rape because it was most likely another clinton conspiracy to bring down waco after the failed attempt in 93, but seeing a black person grow up in a situation where they don't think about dogs like white people do is the last straw and im FULLY supporting the baylor championship so people can take it away later and feel smug about it ala Joe 'Didn't' paterKnow

I support cultural relativism when it comes to judging countries overseas but I don't see how other Americans could have a different culture then me, so they're actually just evil instead.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

DJExile posted:

so dogs are more protected at baylor than women

good to know

Dogs can't consent or provoke, duh :rolleye:

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

skaboomizzy posted:

Is Baylor really shuffling known sexual offenders off to other communities and not telling anyone the circumstances?

Because I don't think this worked out particularly well the last time someone tried it

Australia isn't all bad.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Amy Pole Her posted:

Pre Law and Religion?

I thought religion was pre-law. :haw:

Chilichimp posted:

I imagine "pre-law" is just some combination of philosophy and political science.

0 philosophy and 100% poli sci

now, let me tell you about the ethics:mrgw:

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Chilichimp posted:

I don't understand the hostility towards it ITT, it's not more or less valuable than any other piece of poo poo liberal arts degree.

:wrong:

It's got to be more valuable than a Chinese philosophy degree.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Chilichimp posted:

If you're a Chinese philosphy major, you probably speak fluent Chinese and can read it. There is a helluva demand for those in media.

Go get paid, son.

Yeah, you don't usually learn 2000 year old Chinese in an undergrad class...

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Chilichimp posted:

I'm assuming "Chinese Philosophy" is more of a masters specialization on the road to a doctorate in Crane-based caligraphy in Asian textualism.

More just reading Confucius and pretending he isn't retarded as poo poo.

I just remembered hermeneutics and triggered myself. gently caress.

Chichevache fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Oct 13, 2016

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.
Hey, they're only averaging one reported gang rape a year. :v:

Burn it all down with the football team and staff locked inside.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

This is fake, right?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

pillsburysoldier posted:

That's what i get for not GIS-ing.

Yeah the original says "KILL." I guess that's better.

It says a lot about Baylor that I had to seriously question whether or not a group of frat boys would paint "RAPE" on their chests and go to a game. I don't blame you for just posting that.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Regnevelc posted:

Dude you can't tell?

I was phoneposting. It was less obvious on a smaller screen. Also: Baylor.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

quote:

Many journalists continue to demand the release of the "Pepper Hamilton Report." You should know, while the lawyers from Pepper Hamilton gave presentations to the Board of Regents and some administrators about their findings, they never created or delivered a written report.

:fuckoff:

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

DrunkPanda posted:

Fire Baylor into the sun... no wait. Fire Texas into the sun. That would solve a lot of problems

Reminder: Texas seceded from not one, but two different countries because they really wanted to keep slaves.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

:lol: someone at Scott and White Memorial Hospital is getting loving fired

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Dango Bango posted:

It already says "former".

Welp. I must have taken reading comprehension at Baylor.

• Locked thread