Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Briles has been fired, announcement coming shortly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

Neil Armbong posted:

Yeah, this. Firing with cause would require a written report.

There are still lawsuits and any number of future investigations coming. Baylor is going to pay Briles $40M and still get reamed later.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

Maybe if the NCAA had burned Penn State's program to the ground like they should have, Baylor might have fallen in line and made their reports public to plead for mercy.

Instead, Art Briles is gonna get a $40M buyout for recruiting rapists onto campus while sitting out a show-cause for a few years.

I hope Baylor's fancy new stadium is a loving mausoleum on gamedays for a few decades.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

McAfee also ran for the Libertarian party nomination this year. With an ad like this, I have no idea how he lost.

http://youtu.be/KAjl-Gibm8c

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

"What we found was horrifying enough to burn the school president, AD, and head coach. No, we won't tell you what it was, and we're effectively bribing that same head coach not to reveal it. Anyway, we put someone in an office now that has TITLE IX COORDINATOR on the door, so please feel free to send your God-fearing, innocent daughter to Baylor!"

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

This is just lovely enough that I believe it.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

Baylor will get kinda hosed, but not nearly as much as they should be unless the Big XII decides to burn them to the ground. Jim Grobe isn't gonna take them to a New Years Six bowl anyway so maybe they'll just go back to wishing they're Kansas State, I guess.

Briles is gonna get like a seven-year Show Cause but he won't care because I suspect he got at least $25M of the remaining $40M on his contract out of Baylor. I hope he retires and does literally anything else he wants besides coach football because gently caress Art Briles.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

https://twitter.com/jessicamorrey/status/777934368497029120

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

Thoguh posted:

Kick Baylor and Penn State out of their conferences, make them just schedule each other for 12 games a year.

I say kick them to NAIA or that league from Last Chance U that's apparently just JuCos in Mississippi.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

Is Baylor really shuffling known sexual offenders off to other communities and not telling anyone the circumstances?

Because I don't think this worked out particularly well the last time someone tried it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

Korranus posted:

Because it's the only thing keeping them from being an unknown Baptist college in central Texas

Not true, they had a murder scandal in their basketball program long before the football team started winning.

• Locked thread