Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

buddhanc posted:

The baylor athletic chaplain testified for the defense. The victim previously went to the chaplain and told him the while story. Then the chaplain testified in defense of a rapist.

Hey, hey now. Just people unprepared to handle the situation. Mistakes may have been made, but nothing to be upset about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

Pillbug

NC-17 posted:

I agree. This is the kind of thing that ends up getting out one way (legal maneuverings) or another (leaked). Just put it out there. Their refusal also means everyone is now imagining all the horrible things that may or may not have happened - but probably did.

Yeah, at this point not releasing the report is a bigger condemnation than the contents could provide, especially since victims have come forward saying they were never interviewed for the report.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

Pillbug
This somehow continues to get worse. Like, they keep making it worse on top of new information getting out.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

Pillbug
What a sad loving way to repay the legacy of the Ann Richards, who from some accounts, had a lot to do with saving that sorry school's rear end when the SWC was broken up.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

Pillbug

Thermos H Christ posted:

So are they doing it? They can't actually do it, can they?

They can and will and we'll be outraged for a month and nothing will happen. God bless Texas and the USA and footbaw.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

Pillbug

swickles posted:

Basically its $40 million to Briles, or fire Briles for cause and lose all federal funding plus fines from the DoJ for wanton Title IX violations.

Yeah, this. Firing with cause would require a written report.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

Pillbug

NC-17 posted:

I agree. They must be delusional if they think they can keep it all under wraps.

They're sadly doing an ace job right now.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

Pillbug
I thought I misread that at first. So good.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

Pillbug

Duckaerobics posted:

They are still doing the same thing they got in trouble for and not investigating sexual assault. They want to hide this/deflect blame.

I think their resigned compliance head said they're not interested in change, they more want to put the controversy behind them.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

Pillbug

Chilichimp posted:

It would have cost money to receive a written report vs an oral report?

Doesn't it seem more likely that a written report would have been the cheaper option?

Maybe he means all of the money it would cost the school in lawsuits if they had a document that other parties could review.

What good do they think saying this will do? Anyone with half a brain, aka the people asking these questions, can parse out what he's implying/his half truth. Really chaps my rear end that these arrogant fucks are smart enough to skate by with no punishment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

Pillbug

#thetruthdontlie, or texts in this case, Art. Blackballing couldn't have happened to a more deserving piece of poo poo.

• Locked thread