Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nanomachine Son
Jan 11, 2007

!
Man this is the game a 15 year old me would of wanted so bad when my favorite games were MGS 2 and Vice City. Also, cliche or not I want loving Danger Zone on that soundtrack and have I Ran as my helicopter music (I guess you can Spotify it for PS4?).

Also is there anything more about that Mantis looking kid being called "Third Child"? Or does that have something to with the Venom Snake stuff floating around?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nanomachine Son
Jan 11, 2007

!

RatHat posted:

One of the guys spoiling stuff on Gamefaqs said the first part of the E3 2015 trailer with the blood is the first ending of the game. I guess the leak that said you'd have to kill everyone in your own Motherbase might be true.

EDIT: Yeah the italian guide says that the parasites that mutate vocal cords infects Motherbase and you have to kill everyone to prevent an epidemic.

Man, that sounds nuts and I kind of hope it's true, I already play as a real murderous bastard anyhow so I wont feel too far removed at least!

Also, if they make you kill D-Dog I bet people will lose their poo poo.

Nanomachine Son
Jan 11, 2007

!

standard owl posted:

No no no, remember the animal conservation strut isn't connected to the rest of Mother Base and is only accessible by helicopter. They're safe as can be in the middle of the ocean with no one to care for them after you kill everybody

It's ok, they'll get fultoned to a farm where they can run around free forever :(

Nanomachine Son
Jan 11, 2007

!

Heavy Metal posted:

Big Boss cooks and eats his beloved chickenhat.

God I hope the cosmetic stuff stays on in cut-scenes like Dead Rising, I'd never take off that drat chicken hat.

Nanomachine Son
Jan 11, 2007

!
I'm actually glad there's some kind of twist to the story, because if it was just a straightforward 'bad guy gets worse' then it just isn't quite a interesting. It'll also be interesting knowing about some of this stuff while playing because a lot of poo poo is going to have more context to it now. Also it's kind of nifty in how it plays into the whole symbolization aspect.

Also, from the leaked footage it looks like maybe part of Quiets thing is related to the hospital sequence, since you see her getting lit on fire and tossed out the window. It looks like she's pretty fully clothed at that point and doesn't have the batshit crazy powers you see later on.

E: tossed spoiler tags on the hospital intro stuff just in case people aren't cool seeing that part

Nanomachine Son
Jan 11, 2007

!
I kind of think the disarmament stuff might be in there as some kind of meta game with how nukes work in game, seeing it pop up what looked like Steam usernames at the end makes me think that might be the case. I could see it maybe as something that isn't surfaced directly or might be reliant on the online stuff going live, it'd be kind of cool if that's in there to incentivize people to invade FOBs with nukes though.

I don't think there's some vast conspiracy of stuff waiting to be revealed (though man, I hope they do something more with this game) but given the tons of cut content and left overs I bet there'll be all sorts of stuff that surfaces from people messing with the PC version.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nanomachine Son
Jan 11, 2007

!
I wonder, if you go out of your way to dismiss someone you're standing in front of at Mother Base does it do anything? I was let down when you couldn't toss people in the ocean to get rid of them :(

• Locked thread