Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sex Tragedy
Jan 28, 2007

father of three with an extra large butt

Ethiser posted:

So when would have Ocelot unhypnotized himself to remember that the real Big Boss was somewhere else? Should I assume it is sometime after the game? Also when did he hypnotize himself? When you went and rescued Miller? Though when would the conversation with Miller about taking sides take place. It seemed like it was from before the game.

This one stupid thing is really bothering me plot wise.

He knows and doesn't know at the same time, doublethink.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sex Tragedy
Jan 28, 2007

Venom isn't a random guy like many are saying, it's you. Meaning you killed yourself in MG1.

Sex Tragedy
Jan 28, 2007

ToxicAcne posted:

I think this game just shows that a mgs2 style ruse is impossible these days. I mean people predicted the medic was the protagonists back when ground zeroes came out.

The twist was obvious on purpose. Anyone who played mgs2 should have known after entering their name and bday that they wouldn't be playing as the same character as the prologue. I knew the whole way through and doublethought my way into believing I was big boss the whole time.

But, the twist was even more powerful than I thought. You don't play as 'the medic' in MGSV. It's you. You were the boss of MG1. Best twist ending to a story EVER.

Sex Tragedy
Jan 28, 2007

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

I think it is meant to imply that he's talking to Cipher. iirc there is another tape about him making phone calls in between some shipping containers, and as Huey points out in one of his blame-game sessions, Kaz was a "business partner" with Cipher even before GZ. Given he turns on Venom after the ending, it is possible that he was setting up to betray him before the end credit stinger.

It could have also been something that got cut - I still feel like there was meant to be something significant about Kaz' eyes being all hosed up, in coincidentally the same way that Code Talker's / the Skulls' were, but who knows. It never gets mentioned in the game and it is unclear whether he is meant to be blind or what, so it's pure speculation.

It was the real Big Boss sending Venom a briefing file on the operation, probably warning him that Solid was on his way. Remember that the government hires the real BB to infiltrate Outer Heaven and find out if the nuke rumors are true - they don't know about Venom. Ostensibly what happens is that the two BBs coordinate to feed Solid - Foxhound's biggest rookie - bad intel so that he doesn't succeed, but he actually ends up defying their expectations and killing Venom. The tape was likely BB giving Venom a heads-up and info on the operation so he could set a trap.

It could also be a call-back to the mysterious MSX tape from GZ - it has no audio on it and only plays static. Some people are theorizing that it was going to have some sort of connection to TPP that ended up getting cut, but who knows.

Some theorize big boss is giving venom the same kind of mission to die that the boss got. Then venom decides to give snake the bad intel from the other frequency.

Sex Tragedy
Jan 28, 2007

Dandywalken posted:

Whats the thing on his shoulder for Eli?

It's his tobacco, which in mgs represents free will.

Sex Tragedy
Jan 28, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

I like how people are claiming that GZ is a "full game" and not a feature-incomplete demo. Trying to talk about how it feels more 'full' when it barely has any content is silly. It has good level design and that is about all it has going for it.

It's definitely a full 20 dollar game.

Sex Tragedy
Jan 28, 2007

In It For The Tank posted:

And for a feature-incomplete demo it has a shocking amount of stuff that isn't in TPP like a fulfilling story.

It's not that.

Also, mgsv is not a loving product it's a part of a legendary work of art.

Sex Tragedy
Jan 28, 2007

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

One thing I really liked about MGS4 was that it was constantly referencing past games with little poo poo. It rewarded you for knowing the lore of all the games. MGS5 has a few Peace Walker references, says Les Enfants Terribles a couple times, and tries to shoe in Liquid Snake and that's about it. Where the gently caress was Johnny Sasaki??

My favorite of the references illiterate's like this noob missed is the BigS hell reference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sex Tragedy
Jan 28, 2007

Ausmund posted:

It's not a morality issue. Morality is relative, like the times. What this series tries to demonstrate is that war is objectively meaningless.

Like what is the point of Diamond Dogs and Outer Heaven? It's lead by a guy that too afraid to let go and set aside his gun. He perpetuates an endless cycle with no ultimate goal. Whether he's nice or not doesn't matter.

MGS has a moral point of view, from the outset you lose points for killing your enemies.

• Locked thread