Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
An interesting leftover from the cut content is that ocelot hands snake a white robot hand on the tanker, but when they are riding to save Miller it is clearly red. I wonder how early they knew what to cut?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

a cop posted:

How do I unlock the security stuff to put in my FOB? Trip wires and security cameras and stuff.

Locate the targets in your iDroid

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Dohaeris posted:

So how did Ocelot meet up with Liquid for MGS1?

Ocelot joins Foxhound after big boss right??

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I think the only time VENOM SNAKE says outer heaven is when he tells Eli "WELCOME TO OUTER HEAVEN!" and gives him a hearty back slap

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I asked MY GIRLFRIEND about cloning race horses instead of putting them out to stud and hoping for a equal or better horse, and she explained that cloning cells of an older horse could lead to early onset deterioration, or even illness, as the cells being duplicated are crummier.She brought up that cloned sheep that went south much sooner than a normal sheep. She also brought up that just because you replicate a horse doesn't mean you can replicate its exact brain chemistry or development. It might be wilder, or too docile to race. Unless you can replicate what natural events shaped the horse into a prime racehorse you are risking much more money, for almost no added benefit.

She is pretty smart with animals and science and poo poo so that made sense to me, and it seems to tie into the SONS OF BIG BOSS vs.VENOM SNAKE
Big Boss doesn't take any real interest in the Clones because they are just copies of what is a very exceptional soldier, but they have free will, and their own lives and experiences. They couldn't replace Big Boss, because they could never be Big Boss.
Venom Snake was an exceptional soldier who was stripped of his free will, and of his experiences. He was made in the image of Big Boss, and was given all his thoughts and ideals, leaving almost nothing of who he was before the transformation.

I guess I am saying if you could transfer minds into race horses things would be a hell of a lot more interesting on the track

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
What is it that Otacon said about looking past words and finding their true meaning?

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Jintor posted:

i think what he says is something along the lines of 'gently caress huey'

LOL. Huey is a buttlord.

The quote I was asking about was from MGS2 right? I couldn't find it on youtube, and wanted to send it to someone.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

The Cheshire Cat posted:

Yeah I think it's one of the lines he has during the Tanker chapter when he's mangling all of the ancient proverbs he's trying to give when saving. I haven't watched the whole thing but it should be in here somewhere: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5-vr1VeNSg

It's not! The lalilolelo are suppressing otacons proverbs

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

DaveKap posted:

Yeah, Naomi was gonna give this job to Hal then realized that Sunny was a better hacker. Womp womp, Hal.

The Patriots were programmed to be nice to Otacon. Of course he wasn't the best man for the job

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Does that waterboarding scene at camp omega from the 2013 e3 trailer redband trailer show up? Could be the MISSING LINK at OMEGA

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Panzeh posted:

I think chapter 2 should've been collecting the lame group of bosses from mg1- no Sniper Wolf, you get the Machinegun kid and Shotmaker.

It's SHOOTGUNNER you Gaijin clod!!

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I still can't believe that Ocelot is Big Boss's dad... This game is bonkers!

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

A Big... Dog posted:

THIS IS PEQUOD, COMING IN HOT

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Colapops posted:

It still puzzles me as to why there's a glass-only upgrade for the tranq pistol. Is that ever actually useful?

Jeep and truck Windows.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Pwnstar posted:

I would like to play a game of Liquid as a young man (played by Cam Clarke) and his buddy Psycho Mantis joining FOXHOUND and having wacky adventures.

It would play like F.E.A.R. 3 where one guys is a regular army guy with karate kicks and the other is a magic killing machine.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Colapops posted:

Holy poo poo!!

PISSSSSS

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Did liquid do WTC? I am like 90% sure Liquid did 9/11

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
So has anyone mentioned Zero stole his body double plan from Diamonds are Forever, solidifying himself as a James Bond Superfan

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Willsun posted:

Playing the game, I've always felt like Ocelot was playing hooky with the Soviets by being on Mother Base. He went from being one of the most feared interrogators and working with the KGB to taking a vacation in the Indian Ocean. Felt like the Soviets wouldn't have let someone off like that so easily without suspicion, but then again, Ocelot's main ability through the whole series is HYPNOTHERAPY so I guess that could explain away anything.

"Yo guys I know I'm a dangerous man but I'm ditching you."

"No you're not!"

"Yes I ammmmmmmmm" :ocelot: *Starts making hand motions and weeeoooooohh noises* :ocelot:

Doesn't he say he is on loan from the GRU and that's why he can't act in the field?

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
The PC beta is pretty garbage. I'm not sure how it works on console but on PC if the host leaves everyone loses their kills and poo poo if I doesn't migrate properly. Also almost none of the cool stuff is unlockable without real cash

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Subyng posted:

Finally made it through this thread and I'll just say that not only are people unable to infer anything that isn't directly spelled out to them, even when it is spelled out for them they still can't process it.

"This character's motivations make no sense even though they explicitly explained it to me and it actually does make sense but I'm a moron" -goons

What are you trying to say here?

• Locked thread